Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrison Barnes Draft!!!

Let the Harrison Barnes Draft begin.
    Are u guys pumped up as I am for the draft of 2011.
    Is looking like raptors are gonna finish last or close 2 it...and we can say we have really good chance of getting Harrison Barnes.
    I know it's sad that season has just started and well let's be honest this team ain't that good,it's time 2 START OVER AND REBUILD!!!
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

If I had the #1 pick, I wouldn't take Barnes - I'd trade down and take Irving.

Comment

Harrison Barnes First Freshman Since '86 Named AP Preseason All-American
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Putting stuff in caps and red doesn't make you right.

Felipe Lopez was on the front of Sports Illustrated coming out of High school and look what happened to him.

This team needs a true floor general more than anything else - someone who will lead, someone who will make others around him better.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          Putting stuff in caps and red doesn't make you right.

Felipe Lopez was on the front of Sports Illustrated coming out of High school and look what happened to him.

This team needs a true floor general more than anything else - someone who will lead, someone who will make others around him better.
          The Raptors need the best player available. Period. If it's Irving, then take him, but if it's Barnes, you need to take him.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            The Raptors need the best player available. Period. If it's Irving, then take him, but if it's Barnes, you need to take him.
            Very true. There is a season of NCAA to play yet.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              While I do agree with that notion whole-heartedly, the difference between the two are small. I think a good PG outweighs a good SF, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Not sure why you guys are excited about the draft when youre not even sure how these college players are gonna fair in the nba. besides, it takes a rookie a year or two to develop.

i think the raps need to focus on using the TPE to get a stud. need to trade these soft euro players and get workhorses who know how to bang, take contact and finish at the rim. Trade Kleiza, Andersen, Calderon and Bargnani.

how about jamal crawford? seems he's available.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                  Not sure why you guys are excited about the draft when youre not even sure how these college players are gonna fair in the nba. besides, it takes a rookie a year or two to develop.

i think the raps need to focus on using the TPE to get a stud. need to trade these soft euro players and get workhorses who know how to bang, take contact and finish at the rim. Trade Kleiza, Andersen, Calderon and Bargnani.

Why get on Andersen's back? The guy's a capable backup. We got him for a 2nd rounder. He's not a miracle worker. He's providing great value right now.

As for Jamal Crawford - isn't this his contract year? If we're gonna use the TPE, I'd hope that we'd be acquiring someone who has a long term contract.

Comment

And what would Crawford do? He is 30 years old and looking for his last contract. His first time in the playoffs was last season. He is a bench player on a good team - not a great team. The only way Crawford is useful is as an expiring contract.

Comment

LOL. Trade Kleiza, Anderson, Calderon and Bargnani who have all been playing pretty decently, for Jamal. Nice.

Comment

What and embarassing thread..

Comment

i think the raps need to focus on using the TPE to get a stud
                          . need to trade these soft euro players and get workhorses who know how to bang, take contact and finish at the rim. Trade Kleiza, Andersen, Calderon and Bargnani.

A number of Raptors players already have "studs". Just look at their ears.

Seriously:

The first thing the Raptors need to do is change the starting lineup.

The second thing they need to do is get Davis up to speed ASAP.

Then come next Feb before the trading deadline there could be a trade out there worth making.
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Toronto's current squad is in last place.

All this does is tell me that NOBODY on this team is stellar. Rebuild is in effect. You take the absolute best player available.

Its simple.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                              Toronto's current squad is in last place.

All this does is tell me that NOBODY on this team is stellar. Rebuild is in effect. You take the absolute best player available.

Its simple.
                              They are in last place because Triano listened to Doug Smith who suggested during the pre-season that Reggie start.

Plus they had that four game Western road trip. Last season's team which won forty games didn't do much better on their West Coast road trips.

You can't play four on five on offense continue to lose Q1 and Q3 because of it and expect to win.

It is as simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                              X