Ed Davis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Davis?

Hey out there,anyone know when we get to see this kid play again? I thought they said it would be early November but I haven't heard anything since.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Hey out there,anyone know when we get to see this kid play again? I thought they said it would be early November but I haven't heard anything since.
    Depends on whether he goes to the D-League first to get his legs. D-League is just now gearing up. They have their first pre-season game today and the league starts on Nov 18th. Opening night game on Versus.

Don't know if it is available in Canada or not. People knock the channel because they show things like rodeo.

However, I like the channel because they show IRL, CFL, D-League, NHL in addition to rodeo and other things.

Back to Davis

My guess is late November to early December at best and mid to late December at worst before he sees court time for the Raptors, depending on rehad and whether or not they decide to send him to the D-League to get his legs once he can play.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Nov 9, 2010, 01:54 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Note to NBA rookies/players: Don't play pick up ball, it can be bad for your health!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
        Note to NBA rookies/players: Don't play pick up ball, it can be bad for your health!
        Indeed.

Especially with average joe's at a rec centre.

I'm hoping that Ed can get back soon, show some abilities and promise and give us a young player that will be a part of the rebuild.

Comment

jay triano said he praticed very lighty

Comment

Davis...Davis...Davis (Beuller....Beuller...Beuller)?!?

Ed is that rare projected big man with serious upside that is warranted by his numbers 6'10" 225 with unlimited vertical + an NBA blood line that makes you go "W-O-W" once or twice a game... I think that patience is the catch phrase here, because we're dealing with a guy that already has the package and the major thing he'll need is endurance to feel confident with his style of game--so if he comes into the season a little later he'll be ready to contribute from the get go instead of knowing he has a whole season to make a good first impression.

I also think, he can really get some burn on this raps squad and again because he's missed so much time, he'll avoid hitting the dreaded 'Rookie Wall' because of the basketball he's missed with his first two major injuries of his career with the rest at UNC and now the bum knee... All in all he is worth the wait--I'm hoping by American Thanksgiving!

Comment

KJ-B wrote: View Post
              Ed is that rare projected big man with serious upside that is warranted by his numbers 6'10" 225 with unlimited vertical + an NBA blood line that makes you go "W-O-W" once or twice a game... I think that patience is the catch phrase here, because we're dealing with a guy that already has the package and the major thing he'll need is endurance to feel confident with his style of game--so if he comes into the season a little later he'll be ready to contribute from the get go instead of knowing he has a whole season to make a good first impression.

I also think, he can really get some burn on this raps squad and again because he's missed so much time, he'll avoid hitting the dreaded 'Rookie Wall' because of the basketball he's missed with his first two major injuries of his career with the rest at UNC and now the bum knee... All in all he is worth the wait--I'm hoping by American Thanksgiving!
              We have no idea of what his upside is.

He has been injured seriously twice in this year.

The injuries that he received were

1. Due to contact, not everyone would have broken their hand on that contact.
              2. Making a move with his body that tore the the meniscus. Not every athlete would have torn their meniscus with that move.

So I have a concern that he could become another Oden.

As far as his ability to play at the NBA level.

He has the physical skills
              He has the pedigree so he should be mentally able to handle what a player needs to to be successful in the NBA.

However, we don't know because we haven't seen it. A lot of players fail in the NBA to come anywhere near their potential because their head is not in the right place enough of the time. Darko is a perfect example of this and even Johnson has this problem. In fact the list of players who play way below their potential because they can't handle the mental aspect of game is endless.

So at this point any projection of what Davis will do in the NBA is only guessing.

You could be correct and I hope you are but so far his two injuries in less than one year do not portend positively about his future in the NBA.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Toronto rookie Ed Davis, who is recovering still from knee surgery, is taking part in some full-contact work but remains at least a couple of weeks away from being close to game-ready.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...8446--game-day

Comment

Working...
                X