Peddie Out in next few months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peddie Out in next few months?

THE FAN 590's Greg Brady had multiple sources confirm to him that Maple Leafs Sports & Entertainment President & Chief Executive Officer Richard Peddie will be replaced within the next several months. Details to follow.
    LINK: http://www.fan590.com/

Things are gonna shake up in the upper office, now, which would speak volumes on BC's future on down the line. Pretty crazy. What ya'll think?
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Bad news for MLSE. That dude KNOWS how to make money. I don't know why MLSE would be getting rid of him. Pretty silly move on their part. He doesn't meddle in basketball or hockey operations anymore.
    Last edited by MangoKid; Wed Nov 10, 2010, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Peddie is known to be a Colangelo-backer, once he's gone BC will have to earn the confidence of the new guy because he'll be staring at BC's resume and be like, WTF?

Comment

Maybe BC goes and Kevin Pritchard comes in.

Comment

Colangelo will be taking Peddie's job.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
            Colangelo will be taking Peddie's job.
            Well, his dad fills (or had filled) the same role with the Suns/Coyotes/DiamondBacks (CEO.. or seomthing like that) - somewhere in the front office.

Colangelo is a good businessman. Maybe he does move upstairs. As long as Gherindini doesn't get the GM's job. Please God, no!

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              Well, his dad fills (or had filled) the same role with the Suns/Coyotes/DiamondBacks (CEO.. or seomthing like that) - somewhere in the front office.

Colangelo is a good businessman. Maybe he does move upstairs. As long as Gherindini doesn't get the GM's job. Please God, no!
              Trust me. That is exactly what is happening. Then...guess what...a certain Italian coach who will remain nameless will be heading over here...

Comment

Comment

Trust me. That is exactly what is happening. Then...guess what...a certain Italian coach who will remain nameless will be heading over here...
                  Messina should have been head coach since Smitch was canned..David Blatt would be a distant second.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    Messina should have been head coach since Smitch was canned..David Blatt would be a distant second.
                    That would've been great. JT is falling fast. If BC gets upgraded, he will have overall control of the hirings/firings, should be interesting to see what happens.

As long as Leo doesn't get the coaching job, lol

Comment

A young team who is struggling adjusting to playing at NBA speed and skill level...and the suggested solution is to hire someone with no NBA head coaching experience? I had never heard of either Messina or Blatt, so I am not saying that they are not fine coaches. For all I know they could be excellent at it.

But for my money I want someone with a more proven track record in the NBA. Every year there are a few coaches available who I would absolutely love to see behind the bench again. Jeff Van Gundy would be an example of this. Triano was an excellent assistant coach and that is why we hired him...but he has seemed to struggle with the added responsibilities that a head coach carries (rotations, time out usage, motivating the players to push through, etc.).
                      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                        A young team who is struggling adjusting to playing at NBA speed and skill level...and the suggested solution is to hire someone with no NBA head coaching experience? I had never heard of either Messina or Blatt, so I am not saying that they are not fine coaches. For all I know they could be excellent at it.

But for my money I want someone with a more proven track record in the NBA. Every year there are a few coaches available who I would absolutely love to see behind the bench again. Jeff Van Gundy would be an example of this. Triano was an excellent assistant coach and that is why we hired him...but he has seemed to struggle with the added responsibilities that a head coach carries (rotations, time out usage, motivating the players to push through, etc.).
                        Messina is money man.

But...I would take JVG ...hell...even PJ at this point

Comment

That would've been great. JT is falling fast. If BC gets upgraded, he will have overall control of the hirings/firings, should be interesting to see what happens.

As long as Leo doesn't get the coaching job, lol
                          If the possibility exists that he might fire himself, I am all in baby!

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post

Colangelo has this vision of a very offensive-oriented team. JVG goes against that notion. JVG would also want a lot more power, hence why he's still in television. Until a team comes forward and offers him a ton of autonomy, he'll stay in television.

Messina is a damn good coach - the Kings were very close to naming him as coach before they settled on Reggie Theus.
                            He's very organized, he knows his X's and O's and has been named coach of the year in Europe on multiple occasions, and his teams have actually won, so one would think that that would be a good pedigree for a coach to have.

Comment

bring in Sir Charles for the laughs!
                              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                              X