No announcement yet.

Peddie Out in next few months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think something to think about with BL as a coach is 3 fold. 1) He had a very public falling out with Swin Cash who was/is a highly respected player and was openly known as a jerk and for being dysfunctional 2) he had a whole lot of control and talent on those championship WNBA teams and 3) he's an asshole.

There are good reasons he's not a coach in the NBA yet. Personally I don't think he'd relate to the players very well. Besides, I don't want them to just hire a big name and have him crash n burn. THis franchise has enough issues.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

they should hire richard garner to take over peddie's job he's a smart guy and a sports fan. former vp of the score.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        Is DAntoni a coach worth considering? Maybe with a set of very good players as on the Suns. Does he have a good record of taking a young team and making them good? Thats what we are faced with here and he didnt do too much last year/before with NY and the jury is out this year. Besides he is not known particularly for being too defensive minded (which is my peeve with the Raps). Much as with the players, I am yet unconvinced that a good-great anybody from the Euro League translates seamlessly to the NBA. Of course there could be exceptions but its more than Xs & Os (the league is subpar on defense for example) but the culture, practice time, coach has much power over players there, travel, schedule per week are some items which have to be acclimatized to.
        D'Antoni success in PHX was very much a product of the Nash-Amare union and to his credit he adopted a system which suited their strengths offensively. He hasn't done squat then. This year the Knicks have the horses to at least make the playoffs, but his reputation as an offensive coaching genius has long faded. Nash & Amare, by contrast, showed that they could still succeed without D'Antoni overcoming some questionable coaching (Porter) and personnel (Shaq) moves by Steve Kerr.

Comment

A fun thread but I think it is very unlikely anyone similar to Colangelo or even Burke would get Peddie's job. More likely to be a person on the business side staying within the traditional role of a CEO. If Beeston was not with the Blue Jays, he would have been a logical choice. Keith Pelley, now at Rogers would have been intriguing as well. The leaked announcement is not really much in the news sense - I am pretty sure I heard a year ago that Peddie had a limited time left in his tenure - and it has been a long tenure at that for someone in his position. It also takes a significant amount of time to find a replacement - MLSE is no different in that respect.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
            Colangelo will be taking Peddie's job.
            Right. BC has done such Stellar job the last 5 years that he has been here that we should give him a raise and promotion.

Comment

Working...
            X