Fans at Boiling Point with MLSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Having a passionate individual is obviously preferable, but when you're talking about a team worth $500 million that has tens of millions of dollars in expenses every year, you generally don't have a lot of choice in the matter.
    You said "you generally don't have a lot of choice in the matter". I strongly dispute that. If Jim Balsillie (BlackBerry) bought a NBA you can bet your bottom dollar Jim's minions will do what Jim says. Jim REALLY wants to win. He's been aggressively trying to buy an NHL team and move it to Hamilton, Ontario. However, we are stuck with MLSE who just want to make sure the Dividends are flowing.

Comment

PapiJulio wrote: View Post
      You said "you generally don't have a lot of choice in the matter". I strongly dispute that. If Jim Balsillie (BlackBerry) bought a NBA you can bet your bottom dollar Jim's minions will do what Jim says. Jim REALLY wants to win. He's been aggressively trying to buy an NHL team and move it to Hamilton, Ontario. However, we are stuck with MLSE who just want to make sure the Dividends are flowing.
      You don't have a lot of choice....in who has the money to own an NBA team. They have to be a) a multibillionaire and b) be a big basketball fan. How many of those do you think live in Canada, especially considering that basketball is really not nearly as popular among the older generation, who are more likely to be billionaires. Is Jim Balsillie and big NBA fan? If he is, that's great, but that's one billionaire. I don't see a long line behind him.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
      X