Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar Lost us the Game Last Night

What a night, what a night.

So I'm sitting at Hoops watching the game last night (went to the Real Sports Bar and EVERY screen was playing the Leafs game, motherf*ckers)

Late in the game we had the lead. Ju Ju was playing some great ball, a little sloppy, but 110% energy.

THEN

Triano inexplicably subs Demar back into the game.

I looked at my friends and thought- we just lost the game.

Low and behold.....we get crushed.

Demar has no business being on the floor in crunch time, furthermore starting. He has lots of potential, but his lack of basketball IQ and defensive inefficiency guarding premier players is a liabiliy for this team (he was owned by Jackson and co. all night).

So I think Demar lost us the game. I guess we could actually blame Triano..he is the douche that subbed him back in.

Multipaul wrote: View Post
    What a night, what a night.

So I'm sitting at Hoops watching the game last night (went to the Real Sports Bar and EVERY screen was playing the Leafs game, motherf*ckers)

Late in the game we had the lead. Ju Ju was playing some great ball, a little sloppy, but 110% energy.

THEN

Triano inexplicably subs Demar back into the game.

I looked at my friends and thought- we just lost the game.

Low and behold.....we get crushed.

Demar has no business being on the floor in crunch time, furthermore starting. He has lots of potential, but his lack of basketball IQ and defensive inefficiency guarding premier players is a liabiliy for this team (he was owned by Jackson and co. all night).

So I think Demar lost us the game. I guess we could actually blame Triano..he is the douche that subbed him back in.
    Sadly, I have to agree with your post.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

k i never watched the game.... i just saw the highlights & it looked like bargs lost us the game with that last turn over.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
        k i never watched the game.... i just saw the highlights & it looked like bargs lost us the game with that last turn over.
        Your joking right??? if you dont watch the game you cant have the slightest clue why tey lost. that one turnover didint loose the game for the raps (unless your speaking literally) I watched the game and if not for Andrea we would have been blown out. I think the last play was a foul on Bargnani. jackson got alot of wrist and a little bit of ball. Bad call by the refs IMO. The Cats were in the penalty and if Bargs got that foul called the game would have ended with a W.

Comment

Isnt the Sports Bar owned by mlse? Those pucksters lost big (again). To not have a section for bb fans is terrible pr if not unfair for some of the customer base.

As far as the game Wright should have been in. DD is just not good handling the ball yet/and defense. Bargs was not put into a good situation to shoot a 3...no screen to protect his shot. It seems JT gets flustered by these multiple decisions at crunch time.

Comment

The loss was not so much an indictment of Demar as it was of Triano. He has had some pretty poor substitution patterns so far this season; mainly, killing our own drives by removing players who helped bring us there. He has been better at using his time outs then last year (calling them before the game gets too out of hand). Burt as terrible as his choices have been at times, I am hoping that he is not fired just yet. Although it is a long shot, until Colangelo has a new contract I don't want a new coach named. It would less then ideal to have Colangelo name a new coach and then for their to be a new GM. So that could mean an even longer season of basketball. If BC gets a new contract, then out with Triano and in with someone new.
            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
              Your joking right??? if you dont watch the game you cant have the slightest clue why tey lost. that one turnover didint loose the game for the raps (unless your speaking literally) I watched the game and if not for Andrea we would have been blown out. I think the last play was a foul on Bargnani. jackson got alot of wrist and a little bit of ball. Bad call by the refs IMO. The Cats were in the penalty and if Bargs got that foul called the game would have ended with a W.
              bargs was just trying to draw a foul & he blew it, down 3 at that point id say that was def. the loosing play. Raps have no late game finishers. & the starting unit sucks

Comment

I truly agree with you all. I personally feel Demar is not ready for the spotlight in crunch time, so we cant truly fault him when he gets reinserted nonsensically in the game. Sometimes i feel like Triano is trying to lose games for us.

Comment

That last play should never have happened, Andrea didn't show up in the second half, but in the first he was pretty much our offence. We let them back in with sloppy play, poor defensive rotations, and a final play out of timeout that saw our 7 foot guy as a primary ballhandler against a Larry Brown team that had been showing us all night they can and will easily poach the ball.
                  "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
                  -Newsradio

Comment

Bargnani didn't lose the game. He should not be put in the situation to have to create his own shot with time running down.

Raps do not have a guy who can break down the D and kick out.

If you want Bargnani to take the shot, fine, but have someone else create it for him.

Unforutnately there is no one to do this on the current team.

Comment

Why you got to be hating on Demar all the time? It was team effort, no one player was responsible. Stop hating on Demar you fake fan.

Comment

I would have demanded to speak to a manager to get atleast one TV on the Raps game, if not a few. That's absolutely ridiculous!

As for the game, I blame JT. He's the dolt that put DeMar back on when he was obviously having a subpar game to that point. I didn't understand his logic last year and I still don't to this day. Seems like a real nice guy and all but damn, he costs us a lot of games with his idiotic sub patterns. If a guy is feeling it that night, PLAY HIM! Who cares if he's your 10th or 11th man and it's crunch time, the team isn't going anywhere this year anyways.

Comment

Brasky wrote: View Post
                          Why you got to be hating on Demar all the time? It was team effort, no one player was responsible. Stop hating on Demar you fake fan.
                          brasky= miami fan

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                            I would have demanded to speak to a manager to get atleast one TV on the Raps game, if not a few. That's absolutely ridiculous!

As for the game, I blame JT. He's the dolt that put DeMar back on when he was obviously having a subpar game to that point. I didn't understand his logic last year and I still don't to this day. Seems like a real nice guy and all but damn, he costs us a lot of games with his idiotic sub patterns. If a guy is feeling it that night, PLAY HIM! Who cares if he's your 10th or 11th man and it's crunch time, the team isn't going anywhere this year anyways.
                            Yup, that's what separates the Doc Rivers', Phil Jackson's, Popovich's, even Carlisle's from the JT's of the world.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                              Jackson was quoted after the game as saying something to the effect with regard to that play.

"It is a risky play, Sometimes you try and wind up looking like a goat (meaning called for a foul) and sometimes you get lucky, (meaning not getting called for the foul)
                              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                              X