Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Demar Lost us the Game Last Night

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Back to DeMar... He had no business being on the floor at that point in the game, but as others have said, it's not his fault that he was put on the court. I'm not sure what Triano was expecting to happen by taking out one of our most productive defensive players with only a few minutes remaining but it definitely came back to bite us in the ass.

Triano has said, about the PG's, that the one who has been playing the best throughout the game will most often finish it. So why wouldn't this be the case with our wing players? When you're in a close game that looks to be going down to the wire, wouldn't you want to keep stopping their top scoring threats? And it's not as if Julian was an offensive liability, he was hitting open shots and making good cuts to the hoop. So clearly the blame has to be on Triano and staff.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Thread starter is mad lol

He so mad that barg stinks and is being called out for it league wide even on ESPN now that he exaggerating on threads to divert the attention NOOOOOOOPE try harder son

Bargs stinks and so do you !

Raptors Republic Starter RikkJames's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bargs

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    It looked pretty good to me too but like he said he got lucky. He made the play and a foul was not called. On plays like that the foul call many times goes against what actually happened. So even though the play by him looked good, I have seen many similar type plays that looked good on TV but were called for a foul, so he got lucky that that play was not called for a foul.
    Looked clean to me too, but it didnt help that Bargs just kinda stood there with no emotion after the steal, he didnt even attempt to try to make it look like a foul, that could be the small difference on whether it gets whistled or not.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RikkJames wrote: View Post
    Looked clean to me too, but it didnt help that Bargs just kinda stood there with no emotion after the steal, he didnt even attempt to try to make it look like a foul, that could be the small difference on whether it gets whistled or not.
    Thats funny..i was saying that right after as he stood there and did nothing with about 8 seconds left on the clock....but thats him,he's a lazy ass who doesnt hustle after loose balls and things of that nature...losing player in every sense of the word.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RikkJames wrote: View Post
    Good point, Kobe D-Wade probably Bosh etc would have added some color to the play and probably have gotten a call.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Trife76 wrote: View Post
    Thread starter is mad lol

He so mad that barg stinks and is being called out for it league wide even on ESPN now that he exaggerating on threads to divert the attention NOOOOOOOPE try harder son

Bargs stinks and so do you !
    I found a picture of you online:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Hwo does a guy who had 4 shots in the game be the scapegoat ? Yea he didnt play well but he's not Kobe yet...He doesnt hurt you defensively like a certain italian center does....mmmhmmm start stutterin fruitcake !

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    I found a picture of you online:

Your the Queen of posting lame gifs and creating lame threads...PS this whole thread reaks of bitchassness

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

bargs has never had any biz being a starter yet you're defending him as if he was the father of your first born.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Trife76 wrote: View Post
    Your the Queen of posting lame gifs and creating lame threads...PS this whole thread reaks of bitchassness
    How did Bargs get brought into this thread?

TimW/Nubreed/Trife76: grow up, you act like pathetic little children. You probably have never played a basketball game in your life. Go back to playing Starcraft and jerking off to CB4's DVD and leave us all alone.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

holy crap. how does bargs get brought up in a non-bargs thread AGAIN!?

y'all do love deflecting topics to serve your own hate.

but demar was having an off night... shouldnt have been put back in.. not with the game that tight.. he's not the raps clutch performer ever young gunz groupie wish he was

just like bargs was sat in the 4th against gs

you dont put an off player in the game when the game is on the line.. this isnt grade school dodgeball

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Multipaul, you are such a troll. I can't believe anyone is taking this thread seriously. I guess criticizing Raptor players other than Bargnani is alright, then?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    holy crap. how does bargs get brought up in a non-bargs thread AGAIN!?

y'all do love deflecting topics to serve your own hate.

but demar was having an off night... shouldnt have been put back in.. not with the game that tight.. he's not the raps clutch performer ever young gunz groupie wish he was

just like bargs was sat in the 4th against gs

you dont put an off player in the game when the game is on the line.. this isnt grade school dodgeball
    Kobe has had many bad games for the first three quarters and then took over in the fourth to lead to the Lakers to a victory.

Not I am not suggesting that DeRozan is anything near Kobe in talent.

The point is that I think your statement is too broad brushed.

In the case of DeRozan at this point, it might have made a lot more sense not to put him back in if their was someone else playing better in the game at his position.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Multipaul, you are such a troll. I can't believe anyone is taking this thread seriously. I guess criticizing Raptor players other than Bargnani is alright, then?
    i mean no offense, sir.. when anybody is critical of any player other than bargs, the same anti-bargs voices ALWAYS have to pipe in with their anti-bargs BS.

im not a massive fan of bargs either, nor do i care for a good portion of multipaul's posts.. but when i click on a thread that i think is going to be about derozan's deficiencies and its turned into the exact same people trying to railroad it into a bargs hate thread, i gotta ask myself... who's the bigger troll? the troll, or the dudes trolling the troll?

dont want to talk about demar's flaws? don't click on the demar thread
    want to talk about bargs? start a bargs thread
    want to avoid an argument with somebody you consider a "troll"? don't engage him

simple rules... yet everyone seems to break them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Kobe has had many bad games for the first three quarters and then took over in the fourth to lead to the Lakers to a victory.

Not I am not suggesting that DeRozan is anything near Kobe in talent.

The point is that I think your statement is too broad brushed.

In the case of DeRozan at this point, it might have made a lot more sense not to put him back in if their was someone else playing better in the game at his position.
    fair enough... honestly, the only player that i think earned his pay cheque last night was weems.. and thats only really because he has the smallest pay cheque on the team

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Tim- please see Heinz's post.

If you want to make a comment contrary to my opinion about DEMAR in this post, please do so

It is not fair for you to deliberately hunt down my threads and start spitting anti bargs sentiment at me and everyone else.

If you would like to comment on my opinion of Dero and his play last night, i would love to hear it...

but....

i bet you can't put a sentence together about it without mentioning Bargs...

go for it Tim...lets see what you got...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    What a night, what a night.

So I'm sitting at Hoops watching the game last night (went to the Real Sports Bar and EVERY screen was playing the Leafs game, motherf*ckers)

Late in the game we had the lead. Ju Ju was playing some great ball, a little sloppy, but 110% energy.

THEN

Triano inexplicably subs Demar back into the game.

I looked at my friends and thought- we just lost the game.

Low and behold.....we get crushed.

Demar has no business being on the floor in crunch time, furthermore starting. He has lots of potential, but his lack of basketball IQ and defensive inefficiency guarding premier players is a liabiliy for this team (he was owned by Jackson and co. all night).

So I think Demar lost us the game. I guess we could actually blame Triano..he is the douche that subbed him back in.
    bargnani lost us the game
    o and u said something bout b ball iq which i don't respect, i bet u can't play basketball and u have no grounds to bash nba players

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think DeMar lost us the game. He had a couple of shitty moments, played pretty badly towards the end but it was more of Triano's fault than DeMar's alone. This is a team sport, unless a player decides he is Monta Ellis but misses 3/4 of his shots, a singlee player usually can't (unless literally like a game winning shot etc..) lose the game for the team. If we had capitalized on our lead then we would not have had to take that final three (which Bargnani flopped). And how this thread went on to Bargnani I don't know.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DD had a bad game but WTF was AB doing with the ball so low and all hunched down so far away from the basket? Stand up tall put the fucking ball over your head and no way Jax can dream of stopping you without fouling. It is a cardinal sin for big men to bring the ball low where smaller, faster guys will strip you every time. Bosh did it all the time too, drives me crazy! Why negate your one true advantage (being 7 feet tall)? Watch Amir play, he gets a board and goes right back up with it. Watch Gasol/odom/Bynum they play the same way and are thus unstoppable when guarded by smaller players.

Trying to draw a foul in that situation, lookin for the zebras to bail you out that late is plain stupid. They rarely make that call with the game on the line. You gotta mug someone to get called. That was piss poor basketball at the end.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    i mean no offense, sir.. when anybody is critical of any player other than bargs, the same anti-bargs voices ALWAYS have to pipe in with their anti-bargs BS.

im not a massive fan of bargs either, nor do i care for a good portion of multipaul's posts.. but when i click on a thread that i think is going to be about derozan's deficiencies and its turned into the exact same people trying to railroad it into a bargs hate thread, i gotta ask myself... who's the bigger troll? the troll, or the dudes trolling the troll?

dont want to talk about demar's flaws? don't click on the demar thread
    want to talk about bargs? start a bargs thread
    want to avoid an argument with somebody you consider a "troll"? don't engage him

simple rules... yet everyone seems to break them
    If this thread was started by ANYONE else, I would think it was a legitimate attempt to start a discussion. Multipaul, though, has chastised anyone who criticizes Bargnani as someone who hates Toronto and isn't a fan. He has said that if you criticize a Raptor player you must hate the Raptors. Well, he's doing exactly that to DeRozan.

I don't have a problem with any player being criticized as long as it is done thoughtfully and with class. What I don't like is when people are hypocrites.

As for keeping threads on topic, that's a bit unrealistic. Basketball is not played in a vacuum. It's incredibly difficult to discuss a player without bringing up any other players. Like it or not, Bargnani is a big part of the team and has a very big effect on the team. Sure, he's probably discussed too much, but it's a topic that sparks conversation, so it's not surprising it's going to be brought up a lot.

Personally, I bring up other players when I feel it's warranted. And if I don't feel I have anything to add, I don't comment. I didn't make one comment on the Bargnani appreciation thread because I didn't feel it was appropriate.

Now, I usually don't respond to Multipaul because he generally just talks nonsense, but sometimes it's difficult not to call someone out when they are saying something or behaving in a way that you find unreasonable.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information