No announcement yet.

Demar Lost us the Game Last Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holy crap. how does bargs get brought up in a non-bargs thread AGAIN!?

y'all do love deflecting topics to serve your own hate.

but demar was having an off night... shouldnt have been put back in.. not with the game that tight.. he's not the raps clutch performer ever young gunz groupie wish he was

just like bargs was sat in the 4th against gs

you dont put an off player in the game when the game is on the line.. this isnt grade school dodgeball

Comment

Multipaul, you are such a troll. I can't believe anyone is taking this thread seriously. I guess criticizing Raptor players other than Bargnani is alright, then?
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
        holy crap. how does bargs get brought up in a non-bargs thread AGAIN!?

y'all do love deflecting topics to serve your own hate.

but demar was having an off night... shouldnt have been put back in.. not with the game that tight.. he's not the raps clutch performer ever young gunz groupie wish he was

just like bargs was sat in the 4th against gs

you dont put an off player in the game when the game is on the line.. this isnt grade school dodgeball
        Kobe has had many bad games for the first three quarters and then took over in the fourth to lead to the Lakers to a victory.

Not I am not suggesting that DeRozan is anything near Kobe in talent.

The point is that I think your statement is too broad brushed.

In the case of DeRozan at this point, it might have made a lot more sense not to put him back in if their was someone else playing better in the game at his position.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          Multipaul, you are such a troll. I can't believe anyone is taking this thread seriously. I guess criticizing Raptor players other than Bargnani is alright, then?
          i mean no offense, sir.. when anybody is critical of any player other than bargs, the same anti-bargs voices ALWAYS have to pipe in with their anti-bargs BS.

im not a massive fan of bargs either, nor do i care for a good portion of multipaul's posts.. but when i click on a thread that i think is going to be about derozan's deficiencies and its turned into the exact same people trying to railroad it into a bargs hate thread, i gotta ask myself... who's the bigger troll? the troll, or the dudes trolling the troll?

dont want to talk about demar's flaws? don't click on the demar thread
          want to talk about bargs? start a bargs thread
          want to avoid an argument with somebody you consider a "troll"? don't engage him

simple rules... yet everyone seems to break them

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            Kobe has had many bad games for the first three quarters and then took over in the fourth to lead to the Lakers to a victory.

Not I am not suggesting that DeRozan is anything near Kobe in talent.

The point is that I think your statement is too broad brushed.

In the case of DeRozan at this point, it might have made a lot more sense not to put him back in if their was someone else playing better in the game at his position.
            fair enough... honestly, the only player that i think earned his pay cheque last night was weems.. and thats only really because he has the smallest pay cheque on the team

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Tim- please see Heinz's post.

If you want to make a comment contrary to my opinion about DEMAR in this post, please do so

It is not fair for you to deliberately hunt down my threads and start spitting anti bargs sentiment at me and everyone else.

If you would like to comment on my opinion of Dero and his play last night, i would love to hear it...

but....

i bet you can't put a sentence together about it without mentioning Bargs...

go for it Tim...lets see what you got...

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                What a night, what a night.

So I'm sitting at Hoops watching the game last night (went to the Real Sports Bar and EVERY screen was playing the Leafs game, motherf*ckers)

Late in the game we had the lead. Ju Ju was playing some great ball, a little sloppy, but 110% energy.

THEN

Triano inexplicably subs Demar back into the game.

I looked at my friends and thought- we just lost the game.

Low and behold.....we get crushed.

Demar has no business being on the floor in crunch time, furthermore starting. He has lots of potential, but his lack of basketball IQ and defensive inefficiency guarding premier players is a liabiliy for this team (he was owned by Jackson and co. all night).

So I think Demar lost us the game. I guess we could actually blame Triano..he is the douche that subbed him back in.
                bargnani lost us the game
                o and u said something bout b ball iq which i don't respect, i bet u can't play basketball and u have no grounds to bash nba players

Comment

I don't think DeMar lost us the game. He had a couple of shitty moments, played pretty badly towards the end but it was more of Triano's fault than DeMar's alone. This is a team sport, unless a player decides he is Monta Ellis but misses 3/4 of his shots, a singlee player usually can't (unless literally like a game winning shot etc..) lose the game for the team. If we had capitalized on our lead then we would not have had to take that final three (which Bargnani flopped). And how this thread went on to Bargnani I don't know.

Comment

DD had a bad game but WTF was AB doing with the ball so low and all hunched down so far away from the basket? Stand up tall put the fucking ball over your head and no way Jax can dream of stopping you without fouling. It is a cardinal sin for big men to bring the ball low where smaller, faster guys will strip you every time. Bosh did it all the time too, drives me crazy! Why negate your one true advantage (being 7 feet tall)? Watch Amir play, he gets a board and goes right back up with it. Watch Gasol/odom/Bynum they play the same way and are thus unstoppable when guarded by smaller players.

Trying to draw a foul in that situation, lookin for the zebras to bail you out that late is plain stupid. They rarely make that call with the game on the line. You gotta mug someone to get called. That was piss poor basketball at the end.
                    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

i mean no offense, sir.. when anybody is critical of any player other than bargs, the same anti-bargs voices ALWAYS have to pipe in with their anti-bargs BS.

im not a massive fan of bargs either, nor do i care for a good portion of multipaul's posts.. but when i click on a thread that i think is going to be about derozan's deficiencies and its turned into the exact same people trying to railroad it into a bargs hate thread, i gotta ask myself... who's the bigger troll? the troll, or the dudes trolling the troll?

want to avoid an argument with somebody you consider a "troll"? don't engage him

If this thread was started by ANYONE else, I would think it was a legitimate attempt to start a discussion. Multipaul, though, has chastised anyone who criticizes Bargnani as someone who hates Toronto and isn't a fan. He has said that if you criticize a Raptor player you must hate the Raptors. Well, he's doing exactly that to DeRozan.

I don't have a problem with any player being criticized as long as it is done thoughtfully and with class. What I don't like is when people are hypocrites.

As for keeping threads on topic, that's a bit unrealistic. Basketball is not played in a vacuum. It's incredibly difficult to discuss a player without bringing up any other players. Like it or not, Bargnani is a big part of the team and has a very big effect on the team. Sure, he's probably discussed too much, but it's a topic that sparks conversation, so it's not surprising it's going to be brought up a lot.

Personally, I bring up other players when I feel it's warranted. And if I don't feel I have anything to add, I don't comment. I didn't make one comment on the Bargnani appreciation thread because I didn't feel it was appropriate.

Now, I usually don't respond to Multipaul because he generally just talks nonsense, but sometimes it's difficult not to call someone out when they are saying something or behaving in a way that you find unreasonable.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                        Your joking right??? if you dont watch the game you cant have the slightest clue why tey lost. that one turnover didint loose the game for the raps (unless your speaking literally) I watched the game and if not for Andrea we would have been blown out. I think the last play was a foul on Bargnani. jackson got alot of wrist and a little bit of ball. Bad call by the refs IMO. The Cats were in the penalty and if Bargs got that foul called the game would have ended with a W.
                        i agree. a play like that in a crucial possession, nobody can get a clean steal on an NBA player. thats just impossible. even if araujo was holding the ball with 10 seconds to go (rather impossible but just for reference, hehehe) you wont be able to get a clean steal off of him. its the NBA, no player is that dumb. 100% foul. The refs just wanted to go home early.

Comment

How did Bargs get brought into this thread?

TimW/Nubreed/Trife76: grow up, you act like pathetic little children. You probably have never played a basketball game in your life. Go back to playing Starcraft and jerking off to CB4's DVD and leave us all alone.
                          + 1 zillion. if there's a number higher i would use it.

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
                            Thats funny..i was saying that right after as he stood there and did nothing with about 8 seconds left on the clock....but thats him,he's a lazy ass who doesnt hustle after loose balls and things of that nature...losing player in every sense of the word.
                            i did think it was a bad possession and it was totally bargs fault, but he didnt just stand there, he tried to reach for the ball but Jax caught his wrist so he couldnt react right away. i think its a lesson learned for him. how many times did you see him actually have the ball in crunch time? last time was when he sunk that game-tying 3 in boston. couple more and he'll do fine.

Comment

i have to agree. i think some guys here are deliberately putting hate on bargs, i mean you can state an opinion, but if you hype the situation by curving what actually happened, then thats not good post-ing. you said it best heinz - "y'all do love deflecting topics to serve your own hate". i couldnt have said it any better
                              Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Thu Nov 11, 2010, 11:10 PM.

Comment

What a night, what a night.

So I'm sitting at Hoops watching the game last night (went to the Real Sports Bar and EVERY screen was playing the Leafs game, motherf*ckers)

Late in the game we had the lead. Ju Ju was playing some great ball, a little sloppy, but 110% energy.

THEN

Triano inexplicably subs Demar back into the game.

I looked at my friends and thought- we just lost the game.

Low and behold.....we get crushed.

Demar has no business being on the floor in crunch time, furthermore starting. He has lots of potential, but his lack of basketball IQ and defensive inefficiency guarding premier players is a liabiliy for this team (he was owned by Jackson and co. all night).

So I think Demar lost us the game. I guess we could actually blame Triano..he is the douche that subbed him back in.
                                Not sure if DeMar lost us the game, but he did have a terrible one. He has confidence issues and rightfully so, he's got no unused-dribble move, has a shitty jumper, and can't track other twos. Add it all up an you have the recipe for nights like last night, this is made worse by who is guarding him - Stephen Jackson, one of the best defenders in the league.

Remember his performance against the Lakers, right now this guy is in the lineup only because he's got potential to be good. I have no problem with DeMar playing minutes despite struggling, it's best to find out in the first 2-3 years whether this guy is worth hanging on to and extending, much better than signing him long-term and then hoping for him to develop.

Comment

Working...
                                X