Marco in a funk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marco in a funk

Marco Belinelli plops himself down on a stool just off the Raptors' practice court and knows what's coming.
    When it's pointed out that he can't seem to make a shot to save his soul these days, he replies: "I know, I know," letting out a little sigh, searching for an answer that's not there.
    "My mistake is, when I miss maybe the first one, after that I think like, `Oh, my God, I missed the shot,'" he states matter-of-factly. "And that is not good, you know? For all the game, I am thinking about that."
    "I spoke with the coach and assistant coaches, they tell me just to go on the court and do your job. I am a shooter, so I have to shoot," he said. "I work a lot on my shot every day. I think it's mental, you know. I hope that tomorrow ... I start again something new."
    "I am a shooter," he said with confidence. "I have to take them all the time. I have to take the shots I take, I don't care."
    The Star: "Raptor newcomer mired in a serious funk but coaching staff wants him to shoot out of it"

So this was written before the game. In case you missed the game today, he only player 7 minutes and didn't exactly make the most of it. To me this is a total confidence issue. Fellow countrymen Andrea Bargnani has gone through this as well.

Jay may have stopped noticing?

Sonny Weems played 30 minutes vs NOH
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
      Jay may have stopped noticing?

Sonny Weems played 30 minutes vs NOH
      Sonny deserves it too. I mean, even in the last couple weeks I've noticed Weems' game evolving considerably. At the start of the season he was that "shoot first" player all the time, but now he's playing with alot more patience on offense which we're noticing now because he's looking for that extra pass before he's so quick to chuck up a shot.

As for Marco, if his struggles are due to confidence issues then him sitting is only going to do more harm than good. It's a shame because I thought the kid had some talent, but at this point I'd rather give Marco and Wright's minutes to Weems instead. Having Sonny's athleticism and ability to hustle up and down the court is far more important right now.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
        As for Marco, if his struggles are due to confidence issues then him sitting is only going to do more harm than good. It's a shame because I thought the kid had some talent, but at this point I'd rather give Marco and Wright's minutes to Weems instead. Having Sonny's athleticism and ability to hustle up and down the court is far more important right now.
        I don't think its sad. Weems is a young gun as well. I think that the Delfino S&T is looking to be an amazing deal. Johnson and Weems are both making an impact on the floor and they're only 22 and 23!

Comment

Problem is that he's ONLY shooting. He's not mixing his game up and has become too one-dimensional. Weems is doing more than just launching questionable threes, hence he's playing more.

Comment

Might be that he isnt even popping them in during practice? But considering there are other viable options and the Raps record being as it is, JT has no option but to get production.

Comment

Working...
            X