Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shaq praises city of Toronto and disses Chris Bosh again

Raptors Republic Starter DarkKnight's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shaq praises city of Toronto and disses Chris Bosh again

From Askmen.com:

"Folks in Toronto have a sense that U.S. born players donít want to play in Canada. Is that a general vibe you get?"

"Itís not that. Itís the double taxes that deter players from going there. Also Bosh obviously couldnít handle the pressure, so he had to go join two other people to help him out. Listen to what I tell you: Toronto is in the top three NBA cities for every NBA player. Trust me on that, brother".
    http://ca.askmen.com/celebs/intervie...interview.html

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Shaq FTW!

Raptors Republic Starter cornbreadd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the fact that absolutely no-one is talking about Bosh in Miami, they're just calling James and Wade a Dynamic Duo

Raptors Republic Rookie Karl Marx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Shaq is old and irrelevant, he needs to go away.

Obviously can't blame Bosh for leaving. Look what he was surrounded with in Toronto.

Raptors Republic Rookie Brain Colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Karl Marx wrote: View Post

Obviously can't blame Bosh for leaving. Look what he was surrounded with in Toronto.
    this isnt about leaving, it's about bosh getting attention by dumping on toronto and canada. if that's how bosh wants attention then he deserves whatever results from it, including abuse from shaq.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

How can Karl Marx agree with the concentration of so much talent (wealth) in one place (Miami)?
    Scrubs of the world unite!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Riazan wrote: View Post
    How can Karl Marx agree with the concentration of so much talent (wealth) in one place (Miami)?
    This made me smile.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately that is what happens under capitalism.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Miami would have been better off keeping Beasley and spending that extra money that they gave Bosh on a decent center and/or point guard, straight up.

You can put that one in the bank.

I got a kick out of the announcers last night saying that Miami needed to up the tempo of the game.

How the heck are you going to up the tempo of the game when Bosh can't run anymore?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

ďAs a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to winĒ
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

It makes sense. If you're a young American and don't know better (or European), this is one of the places you want to play. It's a great stop - much like Atlanta was back in the day - because it's crazy women and party central. It's a great place to visit, but the taxes and the so called "hoes" can get you into a lot of trouble. A LOT of guys look forward to coming to Toronto to play against the Raptors but not FOR the Raptors.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Riazan wrote: View Post
    Good point,when we all know that Karl Marx is the modern father of the redistribution concept and policy.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

ďAs a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to winĒ
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote cornbreadd wrote: View Post
    I love the fact that absolutely no-one is talking about Bosh in Miami, they're just calling James and Wade a Dynamic Duo
    Actually it's even worse sometimes. I heard the announcer call Miami the Cleveland Cavilers last night.

James is keeping pretty cool during the ROCKY start with the Heat. Wade seems to go into panic mode at times and Bosh...... wow..... I bet they wish they had Andrea Bargnani!

Shaq gave a nice body check to X-Team-mate Lebron last night. Gotta love the BIG Shamrock!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brain Colangelo wrote: View Post
    this isnt about leaving, it's about bosh getting attention by dumping on toronto and canada. if that's how bosh wants attention then he deserves whatever results from it, including abuse from shaq.
    +1. He wanted fame, but it seems all he's getting now is infamy. Oh, the irony. Be careful what you wish for! lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Back to my original statement: Why wouldn't he go somewhere where he had a chance to win. UNLIKE where he was.

Post Thanks / Like

On one hand, we need all the positive press we can get about the city/franchise.... on the other hand.... Shaq likes to hear the sound of his own voice. Alot.
    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Raptors Republic Rookie Paradigm Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately that is what happens under capitalism.
    So then why are chastising the proletariat for rising up against it?! Where is the moderator? This clearly not the real KM, but an impostor!

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Back to my original statement: Why wouldn't he go somewhere where he had a chance to win. UNLIKE where he was.
    He didnt have to stay and he didnt have to go to Miami either. He is behind Haslem it seems in the pecking order while he wanted to be "da man". If you consider winning by stacking the decks ridiculously in a sporting competitive environment I suppose you can. I dont. It's a pussy move for someone who is going to be at the very most the 3rd option going in. And if he didnt know that he is a worse idiot than I thought. If hings go the way they are these "big 3" are going to dead tired by the end of the season. Every team is gunning for them especially the better ones. Getting back to your point, CB could have gone to Chicago, Houston or Dallas probably but I dont believe he had the confidence or fortitude to LEAD anyone. The big boys in the NBA know all about him..talented but lacking.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, and look whats happening now, now that he's surrounded with talent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Miami would have been better off keeping Beasley and spending that extra money that they gave Bosh on a decent center and/or point guard, straight up.

You can put that one in the bank.

I got a kick out of the announcers last night saying that Miami needed to up the tempo of the game.

How the heck are you going to up the tempo of the game when Bosh can't run anymore?
    Does anybody still think it wouldve been a bad idea if we got Beasley for Bosh before?

Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree. But dont bitch about it. You go to that team, dont say youre lost. Dont underperform. Dont be a bitch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information