Shaq praises city of Toronto and disses Chris Bosh again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karl Marx wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately that is what happens under capitalism.
    So then why are chastising the proletariat for rising up against it?! Where is the moderator? This clearly not the real KM, but an impostor!

Comment

Back to my original statement: Why wouldn't he go somewhere where he had a chance to win. UNLIKE where he was.
      He didnt have to stay and he didnt have to go to Miami either. He is behind Haslem it seems in the pecking order while he wanted to be "da man". If you consider winning by stacking the decks ridiculously in a sporting competitive environment I suppose you can. I dont. It's a pussy move for someone who is going to be at the very most the 3rd option going in. And if he didnt know that he is a worse idiot than I thought. If hings go the way they are these "big 3" are going to dead tired by the end of the season. Every team is gunning for them especially the better ones. Getting back to your point, CB could have gone to Chicago, Houston or Dallas probably but I dont believe he had the confidence or fortitude to LEAD anyone. The big boys in the NBA know all about him..talented but lacking.

Comment

Shaq is old and irrelevant, he needs to go away.

Obviously can't blame Bosh for leaving. Look what he was surrounded with in Toronto.
        Yeah, and look whats happening now, now that he's surrounded with talent.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          Miami would have been better off keeping Beasley and spending that extra money that they gave Bosh on a decent center and/or point guard, straight up.

You can put that one in the bank.

I got a kick out of the announcers last night saying that Miami needed to up the tempo of the game.

How the heck are you going to up the tempo of the game when Bosh can't run anymore?
          Does anybody still think it wouldve been a bad idea if we got Beasley for Bosh before?

Comment

Back to my original statement: Why wouldn't he go somewhere where he had a chance to win. UNLIKE where he was.
            Totally agree. But dont bitch about it. You go to that team, dont say youre lost. Dont underperform. Dont be a bitch.

Comment

Maybe Shaq is just sucking up to Toronto incase he still wants to play next year and no other NBA team would take him.

BC will probably sign him to a 5 year contract worth $50mil. As he usually does!

Comment

Whatever.

Nobody is saying he doesn't have a right to do as he wishes, hell of a coincidence to read a Marxist worry about rights

All we all are saying is this; Hey, Bosh, STFU and play ball kiddo.

The guy chose to go, which would have been fine, but then he chose to make a mockery of the system by stacking Miami, then he ripped Toronto on many occasions to which Colangelo answered back and somehow gets labeled the bad guy. Bosh continued by further tearing up Toronto, then went on to where he is now. Under-performing according to the bar he had been able to set in Toronto as the main guy.

Its funny he doesn't see that yet when most EVERYONE who has a say on tv or in the papers can. He is an average to good player. Period. His time in Toronto is what has allowed him to be where he is. Toronto enhanced his world, he did not enhance Toronto's. Say what you will about "surrounding". Lebron had a worse team and competed for a title. He deserves to talk the talk, because he walked the walk. Bosh had a better team and did worse. Left. And played his former mates and bosses like chumps.

It's tiresome to read comments from fanatics that are still in love with him.

Was it in his rights to make the decision to leave...... hell yes.

Is winning a good reason to go? Hell yes.

Is it more commanding of your respect that a guy stay the course and make a legacy for himself? I think so.

Is it more admirable to leave and have nothing but good to say about the hand that fed you? 100%.

Does Bosh deserve all the backlash we plan to administer to him when he gets here???? Come on people, this ain't tea time in a pre-school girls recess fantasy. This is pro sports baby, this skinny ass douche has it coming LARGE.

keep talking ole skin and bones. Were all waiting for "the wolf" to return to his cage.

ps. you signed a fat contract with Miami and promptly, and selfishly lost ALL the muscle structure you built before starting your contract year. You're an ignorant and selfish prick and I hope the miami fans eat you for lunch. Ps. Bargnani is terrible, and he is starting to average 20 and 8. What you doing stat machine????

Comment

its good to hear someone praising toronto
                  ya dun noe

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                    Whatever.

Nobody is saying he doesn't have a right to do as he wishes, hell of a coincidence to read a Marxist worry about rights

The guy chose to go, which would have been fine, but then he chose to make a mockery of the system by stacking Miami, then he ripped Toronto on many occasions to which Colangelo answered back and somehow gets labeled the bad guy. Bosh continued by further tearing up Toronto, then went on to where he is now. Under-performing according to the bar he had been able to set in Toronto as the main guy.

Its funny he doesn't see that yet when most EVERYONE who has a say on tv or in the papers can. He is an average to good player. Period. His time in Toronto is what has allowed him to be where he is. Toronto enhanced his world, he did not enhance Toronto's. Say what you will about "surrounding". Lebron had a worse team and competed for a title. He deserves to talk the talk, because he walked the walk. Bosh had a better team and did worse. Left. And played his former mates and bosses like chumps.

Is it more commanding of your respect that a guy stay the course and make a legacy for himself? I think so.

Is it more admirable to leave and have nothing but good to say about the hand that fed you? 100%.

Does Bosh deserve all the backlash we plan to administer to him when he gets here???? Come on people, this ain't tea time in a pre-school girls recess fantasy. This is pro sports baby, this skinny ass douche has it coming LARGE.

keep talking ole skin and bones. Were all waiting for "the wolf" to return to his cage.

ps. you signed a fat contract with Miami and promptly, and selfishly lost ALL the muscle structure you built before starting your contract year. You're an ignorant and selfish prick and I hope the miami fans eat you for lunch. Ps. Bargnani is terrible, and he is starting to average 20 and 8. What you doing stat machine????

well said

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                      Whatever.

exactly!

Comment

The taxes won't ever change. Maybe it should be on NBA to change the CBA agreement to be concerned solely with after tax numbers. (ie: an after tax salary cap)

This would allow the Raptors to spend a little more without penalty to make up for the taxes. It would factor out the problem and not really affect any of the other clubs.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          The taxes won't ever change. Maybe it should be on NBA to change the CBA agreement to be concerned solely with after tax numbers. (ie: an after tax salary cap)

This would allow the Raptors to spend a little more without penalty to make up for the taxes. It would factor out the problem and not really affect any of the other clubs.
                          To tell you the truth I doubt that anyone on this board knows the net affect of all taxes, local, provincial (state) and federal on a NBA players income by playing in Canada.

For one thing a person's taxes both in the USA and Canada are impacted by so many other things beside where the player is domiciled and where they work that unless you are doing a specific player's tax planning or tax return you haven't got a clue how they are impacted by tax regulations.

This whole topic while interesting to some will never get to the truth of the matter on this forum or any forum on the web, 4sure, straight up.
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                            Maybe Shaq is just sucking up to Toronto incase he still wants to play next year and no other NBA team would take him.

BC will probably sign him to a 5 year contract worth $50mil. As he usually does!
                            I don't think Shaq has ever dissed Toronto. He's always dissed players.

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                            To tell you the truth I doubt that anyone on this board knows the net affect of all taxes, local, provincial (state) and federal on a NBA players income by playing in Canada.

For one thing a person's taxes both in the USA and Canada are impacted by so many other things beside where the player is domiciled and where they work that unless you are doing a specific player's tax planning or tax return you haven't got a clue how they are impacted by tax regulations.

This whole topic while interesting to some will never get to the truth of the matter on this forum or any forum on the web, 4sure, straight up.
                            I'm not talking taking into consideration tax credits and stuff like that. I'm merely talking basic income tax. It's easy to determine the basic amount that should be deducted from someone's income, with all other factors excluded, and that's where they would have to stop it. Doing that alone would even the playing field a lot.
                            Last edited by Apollo; Sat Nov 13, 2010, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Shaq is old and irrelevant, he needs to go away.

Obviously can't blame Bosh for leaving. Look what he was surrounded with in Toronto.
                              i can't believe there are still people on bosh's dick in toronto, as vulgar as saying that might be, at this point there is nothing else to explain why people still like him here.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post

i understand your frustration, but, honestly the season is still young and were playing to expectation, we just lost our franchise guy were obviously not going to instantly rebound.
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X