Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58

Thread: Double TAX? Canada's Hidden Problem?

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    hahahah have you tried caddy's? hahaha
    lol.... sadly, yes... its been awhile though.. i dont get that far east of the core very often

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    If it takes cold weather for you to get a women's titties brass rail hard and rubbing in your face, you might have a problem. Just saying
    not from toronto, are you?

    the brass rail is the type of establishment where our daughters go to put themselves through college.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    not from toronto, are you?

    the brass rail is the type of establishment where our daughters go to put themselves through college.
    I am from Buffalo.

    Technically I misused the term so my bad.

    However, I still stand by my statement visa via yours. regardless of what Brass Rails refers to. You shouldn't need cold weather to get them hard
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote brothersteve wrote: View Post
    Tax treaties between the US & Canada eliminate "double" taxation. But even tax experts would have trouble explaining all the nuances of paying taxes in the US.
    Yep, understanding all the different Tax Laws is difficult EVEN for the experts. The situation, I guess, will be different for each player. BUT if the experts have trouble explaining it how can a NBA player understand the impact of TAX? Brother Steve...amen!

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    The two biggest problems the Raptors have is the snow the city has all year round and the misconceptions American have about the city.
    Have you ever been to Canada? Or just assume that we live in igloo's all year? I only live in my igloo for 9 months of the year. The other 3 months I ride my Dog Sled to the north Pole.

    Sorry Tim... you left yourself wide open after that comment!

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    You can build through the draft like Portland and OK have done and now the Clippers are doing.
    im gonna shy away from this one...

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    lol.... sadly, yes... its been awhile though.. i dont get that far east of the core very often
    hahaha yeah its pretty bad.

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    not from toronto, are you?

    the brass rail is the type of establishment where our daughters go to put themselves through college.
    hahaha another heinz-uotation

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    In some cases where there is a tax treaty in place the IRS allows the deduction of foreign Income Taxes as a credit against the U.S. Federal Income Tax. In that case if the allowable credit is 100% of the foreign Income Tax than there is no double Income Tax. If the allowable credit is less than 100% of the Foreign Income Tax then there some amount of double taxation on Income for an American who works outside of America.
    Sounds like we are getting closer to a answer here....

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    hahaha yeah its pretty bad.
    you want bad. visit the basement of the V.I. in bradford. classy joint. saw a dude eating a bowl of popcorn in there.

    or there's one in orillia close to rama that i have nightmares about on a regular basis..






    dont judge me you pricks... i like naked whores.

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    you want bad. visit the basement of the V.I. in bradford. classy joint. saw a dude eating a bowl of popcorn in there.

    or there's one in orillia close to rama that i have nightmares about on a regular basis..

    dont judge me you pricks... i like naked whores.
    hahahah same here!

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote PapiJulio wrote: View Post
    Have you ever been to Canada? Or just assume that we live in igloo's all year? I only live in my igloo for 9 months of the year. The other 3 months I ride my Dog Sled to the north Pole.

    Sorry Tim... you left yourself wide open after that comment!
    I was being sarcastic. I thought it was obvious by stating a misconception Americans have and then state that the other problem is the misconceptions Americans have. I thought it was pretty obvious, personally.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I didn't know that the games were played outside.
    + 1

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote PapiJulio wrote: View Post
    Sounds like we are getting closer to a answer here....
    If you were so inclined, I am not, you could probably find the treaty if there is one, in some kind of summarized form by searching for something like "Tax Treaty U.S. Canada"
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    im gonna shy away from this one...
    The Clippers have some very good young talent

    Griffin
    Gordon
    Bledsoe
    Aminu - Who will be better than Davis
    Jordan

    All obtained in the last few seasons through the draft.

    Their biggest problem in my opinion is their head trainer and his strengthening and conditioning program. In my opinion his programs may be contributing significantly to Clippers history of higher than normal player days lost each season due to injury.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    The Clippers have some very good young talent

    Griffin
    Gordon
    Bledsoe
    Aminu - Who will be better than Davis
    Jordan

    All obtained in the last few seasons through the draft.

    Their biggest problem in my opinion is their head trainer and his strengthening and conditioning program. In my opinion his programs may be contributing significantly to Clippers history of higher than normal player days lost each season due to injury.
    I dont think you should be mentioning the Raps in the same sentence as the Clippers. That team is cursed, we dont want their bad luck rubbing off on us.

    I think drafting young players and having young players on your team is good for the future, but even then, you need veteran leadership, and not just a veteran yapping on the sidelines, you need a guy on the floor for 30-35 minutes guiding these youngs during the game. Why do you think the phrase "experience counts" became a cliche in the NBA. Because experience counts. OKC did take the Lakers to game 7, but why did they lose? Because Durant didnt have the veteran leadership Kobe has. Kobe stunk during game 7 of the finals but the Lakers still won. Because of Pau and Odom? Sure, but Kobe was there and he made things happen.

    I think you should refrain from using terms like "Who will be better than...." you dont want to shoot yourself on the foot and stuff it in your mouth later, hehehe thats 2 sayings in one! They said Olowokandi was the next David Robinson, Kwame Brown the next Tim Duncan, Bargnani, Oden....I think in the draft, picks 1-3 there's 60% chance the player will do good but 4 onwards is pretty much a coin toss. Like i always say, try and get talent in the current NBA pool, players who have experience, knows the system and can take an 82 game grind, if you really cant then draft it is.

    Biggest problem with the clippers is theyre cursed and bad management, like the Raps (oh shit i mentioned them in the same sentence). theyre probably going to do something in the future to mess up the young core, like maybe trade one of them along with baron to sweeten the deal, or griffin gets injured again.

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    the clippers only have one problem.

    donald sterling

    but its a massive greasy problem.. and it seeps down and infects everything beneath it.

  18. #38
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    I dont think you should be mentioning the Raps in the same sentence as the Clippers. That team is cursed, we dont want their bad luck rubbing off on us.

    I think drafting young players and having young players on your team is good for the future, but even then, you need veteran leadership, and not just a veteran yapping on the sidelines, you need a guy on the floor for 30-35 minutes guiding these youngs during the game. Why do you think the phrase "experience counts" became a cliche in the NBA. Because experience counts. OKC did take the Lakers to game 7, but why did they lose? Because Durant didnt have the veteran leadership Kobe has. Kobe stunk during game 7 of the finals but the Lakers still won. Because of Pau and Odom? Sure, but Kobe was there and he made things happen.

    I think you should refrain from using terms like "Who will be better than...." you dont want to shoot yourself on the foot and stuff it in your mouth later, hehehe thats 2 sayings in one! They said Olowokandi was the next David Robinson, Kwame Brown the next Tim Duncan, Bargnani, Oden....I think in the draft, picks 1-3 there's 60% chance the player will do good but 4 onwards is pretty much a coin toss. Like i always say, try and get talent in the current NBA pool, players who have experience, knows the system and can take an 82 game grind, if you really cant then draft it is.

    Biggest problem with the clippers is theyre cursed and bad management, like the Raps (oh shit i mentioned them in the same sentence). theyre probably going to do something in the future to mess up the young core, like maybe trade one of them along with baron to sweeten the deal, or griffin gets injured again.
    In my opinion the biggest problem today with the Clippers is their head trainer.

    This curse stuff is not in my realm of reality.

    There is a rational explanation for everything that happens and the curse is not rational

    As far as the young guys especially Aminu in this case I can tell that he is already better than Davis by far.

    He is already averaging 15 and 8 per 36 minutes in about 12 mpg.

    He is shooting 46% including 67% on his threes (7 for 11)

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...aminual01.html

    Aminu can do it all except for one thing.

    1. He can score inside, mid-range and shoot and make the three.
    2. He can rebound
    3. He can defend
    4. He can run the floor
    5. He has good handles.

    He was a PF in college and the Clippers are using him at SF. So he needs to get up to speed in learning how to defend that position. However, he has all the physical skills to do that. It is just a matter of time until he learns how to do it.

    Aminu would have to become a total head case, which is always possible, or become injury prone, which is always possible, but if neither of those two happen he will far better than Davis.

    I have seen all of his games with the Clippers. The guy can just outright ball.

    I also saw Davis play in the LVSL so I have a comparison though limited in playing time.

    But in terms of overall physical and basketball skills Aminu has more than Davis. There is a reason that he was drafted before Davis.

    The Clippers have not made a bad first round draft pick in the last three drafts. In fact all of the players are performing at least to if not in excess of expectations by the so called experts.

    I do agree that you need a veteran to help a young core.

    However, saying that I am not making any claims for the Clippers this season. It all depends on health. EJ is still by far their most important player. I don't think they have won a game in the last two seasons when he has been injured.

    He is probably one of the best #2 guards in the league right now. You can make book on that. Since the FIBA tournament he has added the final touch that he needs to become an all-star and that is a stepped up aggressiveness.

    VDN has them playing very hard except for Baron Davis.

    Davis and Kaman are their two biggest problems. Kaman has a very low basketball IQ and his dumb plays vs Utah cost the Clippers the game vs Utah literally. The game only went into over time because Kaman committed a lane violation on a successful free throw by EJ, which if Kaman had not done the Clippers would have won.

    Davis is horrible. I hate this guys game. I never liked it since his days at UCLA though he did put some very good numbers in N.O and with with GS. It has always seemed to me that he was a "me first" player. He would have been okay at maybe a #2 slot if he were taller. However, like Jack he is too much "me first" player to be a good Point Guard. Yes he has gotten credit for some past successes and I can't say that he didn't deserve it but his conditioning attitude and overall play since he signed with Clippers have stunk.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri Nov 12th, 2010 at 03:16 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  19. #39
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    the clippers only have one problem.

    donald sterling

    but its a massive greasy problem.. and it seeps down and infects everything beneath it.
    You are parroting the Clipper bashers.

    Yes Sterling may be the problem if he refuses to have their head trainer fired and replaced with someone who is competent. Sterling doesn't design the strength and conditioning programs, the Clippers head trainer, Jason Powell does. The guy in my opinion just needs to go.

    People love to bash Sterling and I can't say a lot of it isn't warranted. I for one would have loved to see him sell the Clippers this last summer to a group of investors led by David Geffen. Alas, he did not.

    However having said that the Clippers have lost a a lot a players games to injury under Powell's watch and he needs to go before the Clippers will ever become a success. You can't win in the NBA no matter what kind of talent you have on the roster if that talent is way to excessively injured and and out of uniform as a result.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri Nov 12th, 2010 at 03:24 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  20. #40
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    In my opinion the biggest problem today with the Clippers is their head trainer.

    This curse stuff is not in my realm of reality.
    I was just joking on the curse part, but maybe they are, who knows.

    Well right now, even pick 58 Caracter is better than Davis. Because Davis hasnt played a single NBA game. Lets get back to this topic after Davis is fully healed and playing at his full speed.

    EJ? or did you mean EG? Yeah Gordon is a beast.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •