Double TAX? Canada's Hidden Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heinz57 wrote: View Post
    who cares about the cold when you got brass rail saline titties rubbing on your face to keep you warm
    hahahah have you tried caddy's? hahaha

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      The two biggest problems the Raptors have is the snow the city has all year round and the misconceptions American have about the city.
      Snow in the summer in Toronto?

Not when I used to go there.

Has there been a global cooling affecting Ontario/Toronto?

I do agree that there is snow in Toronto for a good part of the NBA season, however having grown up in Buffalo I can tell you that the snow in Toronto is not that bad.

I think the wind chill factor in Toronto during most of the basketball season is a lot bigger negative factor than the snow.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

who cares about the cold when you got brass rail saline titties rubbing on your face to keep you warm
        If it takes cold weather for you to get a women's titties brass rail hard and rubbing in your face, you might have a problem. Just saying
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

i think the main reasons are taxes, the US vs. Canadian dollar and basketball market.

Every US state has taxes but i dont think it goes as high as 13%.

Most NBA players have families, if theyre going to sign a multi-year contract here, they will be taking their families and i dont think they like that fact that they will be spending theyre US dollars here since products here are more expensive compared to the states.

People keep saying that the basketball market here in Canada is huge, i dont think thats true. You may see some kids wearing jerseys here in Toronto, but in other cities, i dont think youll see as much. Popularity of the sport is what makes it marketable. There maybe a huge market, but basketball hasnt tapped into that yet. If youre a bigtime player, you want endorsements.

But when the team starts winning, this will all be transparent.

But to win, we need bigtime players.

Chicken or the egg.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
            i think the main reasons are taxes, the US vs. Canadian dollar and basketball market.

Every US state has taxes but i dont think it goes as high as 13%.

Most NBA players have families, if theyre going to sign a multi-year contract here, they will be taking their families and i dont think they like that fact that they will be spending theyre US dollars here since products here are more expensive compared to the states.

People keep saying that the basketball market here in Canada is huge, i dont think thats true. You may see some kids wearing jerseys here in Toronto, but in other cities, i dont think youll see as much. Popularity of the sport is what makes it marketable. There maybe a huge market, but basketball hasnt tapped into that yet. If youre a bigtime player, you want endorsements.

But when the team starts winning, this will all be transparent.

But to win, we need bigtime players.

Chicken or the egg.
            You can build through the draft like Portland and OK have done and now the Clippers are doing.

Comment

hahahah have you tried caddy's? hahaha
              lol.... sadly, yes... its been awhile though.. i dont get that far east of the core very often

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                If it takes cold weather for you to get a women's titties brass rail hard and rubbing in your face, you might have a problem. Just saying
                not from toronto, are you?

the brass rail is the type of establishment where our daughters go to put themselves through college.

Comment

the brass rail is the type of establishment where our daughters go to put themselves through college.
                  I am from Buffalo.

Technically I misused the term so my bad.

However, I still stand by my statement visa via yours. regardless of what Brass Rails refers to. You shouldn't need cold weather to get them hard

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
                    Tax treaties between the US & Canada eliminate "double" taxation. But even tax experts would have trouble explaining all the nuances of paying taxes in the US.
                    Yep, understanding all the different Tax Laws is difficult EVEN for the experts. The situation, I guess, will be different for each player. BUT if the experts have trouble explaining it how can a NBA player understand the impact of TAX? Brother Steve...amen!

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      The two biggest problems the Raptors have is the snow the city has all year round and the misconceptions American have about the city.
                      Have you ever been to Canada? Or just assume that we live in igloo's all year? I only live in my igloo for 9 months of the year. The other 3 months I ride my Dog Sled to the north Pole.

Sorry Tim... you left yourself wide open after that comment!

Comment

You can build through the draft like Portland and OK have done and now the Clippers are doing.
                        im gonna shy away from this one...

Comment

lol.... sadly, yes... its been awhile though.. i dont get that far east of the core very often
                          hahaha yeah its pretty bad.

Comment

hahaha another heinz-uotation

Comment

In some cases where there is a tax treaty in place the IRS allows the deduction of foreign Income Taxes as a credit against the U.S. Federal Income Tax. In that case if the allowable credit is 100% of the foreign Income Tax than there is no double Income Tax. If the allowable credit is less than 100% of the Foreign Income Tax then there some amount of double taxation on Income for an American who works outside of America.
                              Sounds like we are getting closer to a answer here....

Comment

hahaha yeah its pretty bad.
                                you want bad. visit the basement of the V.I. in bradford. classy joint. saw a dude eating a bowl of popcorn in there.

or there's one in orillia close to rama that i have nightmares about on a regular basis..

dont judge me you pricks... i like naked whores.

Comment

Working...
                                X