Default Raptors 110 @ Magic 106 F Postgame thread

MONEYYYYYYYY WEEM! What a amazing game.

Weems and Amir need to start.
    -------------------------------
    Game Highlights

Raptors Highlights

Weems Interview

Triano Interview
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sat Nov 13th, 2010 at 02:03 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwarddddd. Hack a Howard is boring but effective.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Solid game

Raptors Republic Rookie Blasterfi9's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

fun game to watch ( well mostly), both teams were hittin high percentages. But yah, hack a howard could do without as well, but dammit we bloody won. And no amir shouldnt start till he controls the fouls, but otherwise the man was solid, him and jose work great. Julian played wonderfully, Derozan played the second half rly strong, while bargs couldnt miss till the second half of course, weems came through great. Best game for the young guns thats for sure.

Raptors Republic Rookie Arenick's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this sounds weird, but I'm kind of angry we won. Now instead of be able to act like my favourite team is just going to be horrible this season and to ignore them, they win and give me hope?! Damn these mixed signals they're sending me!!
    Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I gotta give it to Jay Triano with the tight rotations and good usage of timeouts and subs. If he coached like that we'd definately be winning a few more games. Watching Jay Coach makes me wanna puke on most occasions. Today i was able to keep my supper down.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arenick wrote: View Post
    I know this sounds weird, but I'm kind of angry we won. Now instead of be able to act like my favourite team is just going to be horrible this season and to ignore them, they win and give me hope?! Damn these mixed signals they're sending me!!
    You shouldn't be ignoring your team even if they are going to have a horrible season. That is part of being a fan...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you like Andrea averaging 1.5 RPG in Raptor wins this year? Who says he needs to rebound?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that a joke?

Post Thanks / Like

I still feel we need a "closer" I'm not saying a superstar, but someone who can close out games and hit a big shot a la Robert Horry or Derek Fisher.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hack a Howard worked tonight.

He was only 7 - 17 at the foul line well below his 50% plus for the season.

Great strategy making him work hard for his points.

Great win.

Triano made one change in the starting lineup.

One more to go.

Kleiza starting at PF?

I think once he is healthy he could be very effective at PF. That is what he played in Europe.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Hack a Howard worked tonight.

He was only 7 - 17 at the foul line well below his 50% plus for the season.

Great strategy making him work hard for his points.

Great win.

Triano made one change in the starting lineup.

One more to go.

Kleiza starting at PF?

I think once he is healthy he could be very effective at PF. That is what he played in Europe.
    I don't think he should start he is a great scorer but till I see him play stellar defense I would like to see him come in when scoring is stagnate.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but. We gotta do Hack-a-*insert bad free-throw player here* a lot more often. I AM SO FRIGGIN HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wright, Demar and Bargs won the game for us.
    I think now that Wright is slowly establishing himself, Amir can move into the starting lineup.
    Wright can get on the 2nd unit.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Wright, Demar and Bargs won the game for us.
    I think now that Wright is slowly establishing himself, Amir can move into the starting lineup.
    Wright can get on the 2nd unit.
    You forget Sonny Weems. That three made me skip a beat.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

It's nice to see what can happen when most instead of a few of your players perform well for a change. The thing is, what define NBA stars are the ability to perform consistently well against any opponent. Chris Bosh was called a star and a franchise player because he consistently brought numbers, like him or not. He sold the tickets, because someone had to, and he didn't get much help. But to win at the playoff level in the NBA you need a starting lineup that plays well at a high level of competition far more often than not. What'll be interesting is to see who can start to develop consistency over the season, and what they bring, before heading into what's still looking to be a promising draft. If they can occasionally give a glimpse of things to come along the way, then I'm happy.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Raptors won because I'm wearing my lucky underwear. I'll keep on wearing the same pair until they lose.

I'm liking Julian and hope he cracks the rotation when the injured come back.

This team still is very fragile down the stretch and seems we need other teams to screw-up at key moments late in the game rather than us actually "winning it". Maybe its a confidence issue or just a lack of talent.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Such a sick win for Raptors, and Triano in particular! I've probably been more impressed with this squad more then any other I can remember, because they are in there fighting every night and making a game. Cheers Raps nation, lets party for this win!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Bargs did not win the game for us....he was his usual invisible self in the 2nd half...

DeMar won the game for us...11 pts in the 4th,made FTs got to the line....hit his jumpers didnt settle for them tho...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Trife76 wrote: View Post
    Sorry Bargs did not win the game for us....he was his usual invisible self in the 2nd half...

DeMar won the game for us...11 pts in the 4th,made FTs got to the line....hit his jumpers didnt settle for them tho...
    I didn't watch the game but what about Sonny? In the replays that 3 was probably the most clutch shot of his life. "Il Illusionista" (I'm coining that new nickname for him, just fyi) was his usual self. Now you see him...now you don't...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information