Thread: Chris, This is Why Fans Don't Like You Now

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chris, This is Why Fans Don't Like You Now

Great write up from Grange.

But nine games into the scenario he willed into reality the Heat are 5-4 and and Bosh is being widely questioned as the piece that doesn’t fit; a finesse-type big man in a lineup in desperate need of a thumper.

His dreams of national exposure are turning into the nightmare of being exposed; his too-slow-rotations, excused in Toronto when he was putting up big numbers at the other end, make him suddenly part of the problem when 6-foot-1 Rajon Rondo of the Boston Celtics floats down the lane and dunks it on Bosh before he so much as slides over and puts up a hand.

Bosh’s dreams have come true, all right. But he won't be lifting any MVP trophies, that's abundantly clear; he might not even make it to the playoffs if the Heat continue to struggle and Miami does see fit to trade him.

And the sad fact for him is that it couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.
    Source - Click here

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

nicer guy, hahahaha thats classic!

I think BC should try and trade for him, give him another chance.

hahahahahaha sorry i missed my meds.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Bosh will be traded at some point in the next 2 seasons. The difference between MIA's big 3 and most other teams who have had 3 dominant players and a cast of role players is the big guy of the '3' was not a pussy, played hard D, rebounded, and blocked shots - Bosh is none of those.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Karma's a biatch CBwhore!

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I still don't know why Bosh decided to slim down though when it was abundantly clear that they'd have no decent center this season. But they used freaking Haslem more last night then they used Bosh. How about Wade's terrible D on Allen, or how he was shut down yesterday.

The real problem is not they don't have a center, it's that they just won't play small ball and just DESTROY teams on the fast break.

The Heat would have been better served if they signed Amar'e. He's a far better player off the ball. The Heat have a lot of talent, but most of it's redundant unlike the Celtics.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

All this Bosh hating is truly hilarious. Once Miami realizes that it should be running it's offense through him early and transitioning to more wing play in the second half of games, all of the talk will go away. Anyone that thinks Miami is losing games because Bosh lacks toughness isn't watching the games.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i cant believe im doing this...

its not really bosh's fault miami is sucking so much...

yes, im happy chris bosh is playing to his true potential right now... MEDIOCRE

but the problems with that team go far beyond him.

its like last years cavs and heat teams... expect instead of a bunch of mediocre cowboys riding on the back of their one trick pony, its a bunch of craptastic cowboys riding on the back of two trick ponies.

haslem seems to be the only guy on the team that doesnt seem like he signed up to catch a free ride..

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, the Heat could really take off if they run the offence through Bosh. Kind of like Gasol in the triangle offense. Think about it. Bosh was almost singlehandedly responsible for the Raps having a top 5 offense. Bosh absolutely commands a double team in the post. Replace Demar and Hedo with Lebron & Wade as your kick-out options after the defense has contracted and now you don't have LBJ, Wade or Eddie House having to heave 3 pointers late in the clock. Of course, Lebron and Wade's ego would probably never take a scenario where the offense went through CB1 as the primary option.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yuu think James and Wade will agree to run the offense through Bosh? Don't think either one has done that in their careers.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WhatWhat wrote: View Post
    I still don't know why Bosh decided to slim down though when it was abundantly clear that they'd have no decent center this season. But they used freaking Haslem more last night then they used Bosh. How about Wade's terrible D on Allen, or how he was shut down yesterday.

The real problem is not they don't have a center, it's that they just won't play small ball and just DESTROY teams on the fast break.

The Heat would have been better served if they signed Amar'e. He's a far better player off the ball. The Heat have a lot of talent, but most of it's redundant unlike the Celtics.
    Why did Bosh slim down? Because he got paid. He bulked up and worked his tail off for one season - it just so happened to be his contract year. Bosh likes to act the part and talk the part unfortunately he can't back up the part with ACTIONS.

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

nicer guy my ass bosh is a complete media whore

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WhatWhat wrote: View Post

Bosh can't run anymore because of his knees. You can't play uptempo basketball with him on the court. He probably slimmed down to help his knees. The fewer pounds you got especially when are physically active the less stress it puts on the knees.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Actually, the Heat could really take off if they run the offence through Bosh. Kind of like Gasol in the triangle offense. Think about it. Bosh was almost singlehandedly responsible for the Raps having a top 5 offense. Bosh absolutely commands a double team in the post. Replace Demar and Hedo with Lebron & Wade as your kick-out options after the defense has contracted and now you don't have LBJ, Wade or Eddie House having to heave 3 pointers late in the clock. Of course, Lebron and Wade's ego would probably never take a scenario where the offense went through CB1 as the primary option.
    Bosh got 20-25 touches in TO...he was the #1 option...when the ball went in to him it hardly ever came out. This was planned and he delivered the points. Trouble is he wasnt a good passer out of the double team and this is something that just wont wash when you have LJ and Wade hanging around for the ball back to them. Apart from the Bosh problem I see another big deficiency...no point guard. Arroyo cant do it especially on defence and LJ is more prone to going all the way when he plays pg with Wade not getting the ball or not getting it in the right spots. Last year Wade would handle the ball quite often and got his points the way LJ is. LJ is playing like he did in Cleveland. Right now they look like they have an abundance of riches. The irony.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I think Bosh will be traded at some point in the next 2 seasons. The difference between MIA's big 3 and most other teams who have had 3 dominant players and a cast of role players is the big guy of the '3' was not a pussy, played hard D, rebounded, and blocked shots - Bosh is none of those.
    also the other big 3 in boston has pierce & allen who can both hit 3 pointers with regularity. wade & james both are not good from outside.

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Bosh can't run anymore because of his knees. You can't play uptempo basketball with him on the court. He probably slimmed down to help his knees. The fewer pounds you got especially when are physically active the less stress it puts on the knees.
    Then they really should've just signed Amar'e. Then I really don't know what they can do. Their skills mesh together very poorly.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bosh made me so mad. I feel like a dumbass owning his stupid jersey. All he had to have done when he left in my eyes is either hold a press conference or get interviewed by a major daily or take out a one page ad in major daily and say "thank-you Toronto for your support and the great 7 years in Toronto and I look forward to seeing you again when I visit next season - all the best Chris Bosh." But no, he had to be a total egotistical twitter douche. How impersonal is that, you idiot. I'll boo the bastard when comes to town - if he isn't traded by then.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

You Bosh haters are absolutely ridiculous. I don't understand why everybody hates him so much? Look back at the tapes, he had a wicked career in Toronto. No, we never were really a competitor with him. But he was the only guy reppin us in allstar games, he filled the seats and kept us interested in the Raps. Could you imagine if we never got Bosh and we just lingered throughout the last 7 years bottom dwellers.. Same goes for VC, one of the most dynamic players in his prime, was probably the only reason theres a team in Toronto. I agree he quit and it was retarded, but you gotta look at the good times these guys had reppin the Raps. Lets move on, I think were better post Bosh then we were with him. This team is playing exciting basketball, and with the proper development of these youngsters, Bargs, MOOOOOOONEY WEEMS, plus some good draft picks and we are sitting pretty. Get a clue you cynical pricks, give Bosh respect for what he did, and move on

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    also the other big 3 in boston has pierce & allen who can both hit 3 pointers with regularity. wade & james both are not good from outside.
    As much as I hate the C's, their big 3 was put together with a purpose. With Wade and James, you have a redundant skill set. Don't get me wrong, If I were a GM and could bring in that caliber of players, I would. But look at LA when they got the Glove and Malone- it didn't just translate to rings.

Post Thanks / Like

Wade and James being able to do everything is not the problem. If there's a problem its with Chris "Shareef Abdur-Rahim" Bosh.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Man, if you think this is going to happen, guess again. They're have problems because the band has 3 Mick Jaggers. A 6-8, 250 lbs. SF dominating the ball is a problem. There is no way that any offence will run through Bosh because he no longer has the inside game he used to have prior to his knee problems. Gasol doesn't have those issues. I understand that they lack the size down middle but really, the problem is dynamics, style of play and ego. The Celtics showed them how a TEAM (whose players know their roles), is supposed to work together as one. How many teams do you think now have the tapes of both games - how about 28 teams? They are now studying the film work to repeat the process. This means that James will have to work that much harder as well as Wade and Bosh. We beat Orlando last night (and we've had some success with ORL before) because they don't have the speed Miami does. Charlotte beat us on the inside, Orlando tried to beat us with 3-point shooting, Miami will try to beat us with speed on the wings and the team has to respond accordingly.

I've been accused before of taking delight in Bosh's early misfortunes but the truth is the problem with Miami if there ever was one is that James tends to dominate the ball, forcing his team mates to predict his moves and then they have to be "prepared" in case the play is busted. Chris ain't used to this and Wade ain't used to this. Think about it, look at James' crazy assist totals. It's great that his assists are up there but that shouldn't be his role in this new team. This ain't Cleveland.

In the end, the initial thought of the Miami three was to have no one person having an offensive set run through him. However, from the early onset, it seems like James is trying to establish that. This is a team whose personnel does not know its identity and role.

PS> Here's the irony of it all, if one of the three gets injured, they will actually have better results because there's one less ego to worry about, one less offensive option to worry about, one less feelings to hurt.
    Last edited by Balls of Steel; Sat Nov 13th, 2010 at 12:40 PM.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Thread Information