Let the YOUNG GUNZ ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the YOUNG GUNZ ride

some people dont want to give into any "hype" , thats cool totally understandable ....especially after putting up with a media-whore the last few years

But, the YNG GNZ is a legitimate team identity which should be embraced.

Theres something called INTANGIBLES in team sports. And the chemistry between DD/Weems and reggie, AJ, jack is definitely there. If you want to see clutch shots, people playing above their head, and playing with all heart, you gotta make those guys the core of the rotation. I've been harping on this a bit now, its not that Kleiza is not a good player or does not play hard, its just you loose that extra vibe of the team when they brought him in ahead of weems.

Now dont get me wrong, I am not saying that DD and weems are amazing players, or the Raps will win anymore games overall....but the season will be more enjoyable when they play together. For example, they'll loose to Boston, Lakers in the 4th quarter (almost happened in ORL) but wont get run out of the building.

Anway the main point of this post:
    - play the YNG GNZ
    - let them boys ball/dunk on ppl/scrap it out all year
    - maybe win a few games against the big teams that are flat that night
    - draft in the top 3

that's really the most the Raps could get out of this season

They all played real hard tonight...and I was proud of them. The team is still being put together and wont look the same a month or two from now.

Comment

I completely agree. It's much more entertaining watching DD, Sonny and Amir on at the same time. I'm quite disappointed with Jarrett Jack's play though. He seems to turn the ball over more than his assist production which is horrible for a supposed point guard.

But definitely agree that Sonny and Demar need to be on at the same time. they feed off each other and they look after each other.

Comment

yeah they play greater than the sum of their parts when together......also talking about how they "look after each other", you know eventually one of them is going to take a hard foul.....when that happens you are going to see some Raps actually get in someones face for once

one thing I gotta say about Jack though.....there was a point in the 4th quarter when Raps offense was going way cold and the ball got swung to him, and he just drove and JUMPED INTO DWIGHT....that is an NBA BASKETBALL PLAY right there

also taking that chincy charge on him at midcourt (probably a bad call though)....these things plus Reggie of course, kept Dwight from being comfortable all night

Comment

I'd like to see Julian get some more playing time and maybe earning a place within the Yng Gnz. To me, JJ is pretty frustrating to watch. He's not distributing the ball enough, seems to want to drive into crazy traffic all the time and coughs up the ball a lot. If only Rose or Wall were part of the Yng Gnz ...
          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

If we're talking on the court, he definitely fits the style of play that Triano is preaching and the team needs to play this season. Off the court Julian is known as a really character guy actually so he could fit in on any team. But that was cold blooded how DD and Weems were saying that Ed Davis isn't automatically in the yng gnz, he has to "earn" it...hahaha

Yeah Jack is playing pretty poor offensively not just missing shots but also his decision making and passing as everyone is alluding to. But I gotta give him some props for making those hard nosed plays against ORL, and also I've noticed he is the most enthusiastic guy on the bench trying to generate momentum that way.

Of course its not enough to make up for the obvious lack of talent the Raps have at PG....but hey, they need something to make them finnish in last place right ? : - )
            Last edited by Ruuuuu; Sat Nov 13, 2010, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X