Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Interested in Jason Thompson

This according to Marc Stein via ESPN Insider:

The Kings have shopped young big man Jason Thompson, according to ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

Thompson has averaged just 15.4 minutes per game this season with Carl Landry and Darnell Jackson ahead of him on Sacramento's depth chart.

The Suns, Heat and Raptors are all looking for help in their frontcourt and could be fits.
    Source - Click here

Why not. If we give them nothing I don't mind.

Comment

Only problem, where would he fit with Amir, Reggie and soon Ed? Seems kind moot to me.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
        Only problem, where would he fit with Amir, Reggie and soon Ed? Seems kind moot to me.
        Give them Reggie. I know, sounds crazy, but how about we get Thompson and a first round pick for Reggie and Banks. With their roster pretty much full, maybe all they want is more cap-room?

Comment

He can and has played C in the past. He could be a back up at C. Alabi continues to be a project and third string. Anderson most likely will not have the option picked up on his contract next year, IMO. Not sure what the Raptors could offer that the Kings would want.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
            Give them Reggie. I know, sounds crazy, but how about we get Thompson and a first round pick for Reggie and Banks. With their roster pretty much full, maybe all they want is more cap-room?
            I don't think Reggie will enjoy riding the pine either considering how well he's played. He deserves minutes.

I think if we're looking for any area of help it will be at SG & SF considering the health status of both Kleiza and Barbosa. I'm assuming we'll hear any day now that Leandro's going to go ahead and do the surgery.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              He can and has played C in the past. He could be a back up at C. Alabi continues to be a project and third string. Anderson most likely will not have the option picked up on his contract next year, IMO. Not sure what the Raptors could offer that the Kings would want.
              True .... I guess I didn't think of him in that regard.

Either way, I think we have bigger and more pressing voids to fill rather than looking at another big man. JMO

Comment

I don't think Reggie will enjoy riding the pine either considering how well he's played. He deserves minutes.

I think if we're looking for any area of help it will be at SG & SF considering the health status of both Kleiza and Barbosa. I'm assuming we'll hear any day now that Leandro's going to go ahead and do the surgery.
                Even if we need SGs and SFs. If they go with the trade we get not only their first round pick which will be high, but we get better trade bait. Far more teams will be interested in Thompson than Reggie or Banks. Plus Thompson is good, and he is like 23 or something

Comment

yeah id take thompson in a heartbeat. for a guy that gets zero looks on offense he puts up pretty decent numbers. has a nice inside game that would compliment bargs.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                    I would take reggie over thompson as of now.
                    The team needs a gritty guy like evans, and it would be foolish to throw him away after how well he played so far.

Comment

Thompson is a patch job, like the Andersen signing. Keep things the way they are. They're just starting to trust each other. I personally did not enjoy Evans' job on Howard last night. Once he got down low, which he usually does, Evans was a lame duck. If Johnson fouled out by employing the "Hack-a-Howard", why not him? Prior to the second half, he was scoring down low at will. I know he wants to stay in the game but sometimes, one has to sacrifice right (the way Johnson does on MANY occasions).

Evans is the emotional leader of the team and can do more harm if moved. The Kings will want no one from our team. If we can swap Andersen with him somehow, then maybe, but highly unlikely.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I don't think we need help at SF and SG as I think we're deep in that position. Even without Kleiza and Barbosa, we have Weems and Wright for the time being. Thompson sounds really interesting but the team needs to start thinking what to do once Davis comes back from his injury.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                          Thompson is a patch job, like the Andersen signing. Keep things the way they are. They're just starting to trust each other. I personally did not enjoy Evans' job on Howard last night. Once he got down low, which he usually does, Evans was a lame duck. If Johnson fouled out by employing the "Hack-a-Howard", why not him? Prior to the second half, he was scoring down low at will. I know he wants to stay in the game but sometimes, one has to sacrifice right (the way Johnson does on MANY occasions).

Evans is the emotional leader of the team and can do more harm if moved. The Kings will want no one from our team. If we can swap Andersen with him somehow, then maybe, but highly unlikely.
                          I think 90% of the centres in the NBA are lame ducks once Howard gets it down low. Even a great player like Al Horford - who is a natural PF I know - was destroyed by Howard last year in the playoffs. And no, destroyed is not an exaggeration.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                            I would take reggie over thompson as of now.
                            The team needs a gritty guy like evans, and it would be foolish to throw him away after how well he played so far.
                            Reggie is an expiring, I love the way he has played this year but he most probably won't be a Raptor next year. If we get Thompson, we can build for the future, and trading early will allow players to get chemistry before it is too late...

Comment

The Raptors don't need depth at position ESPECIALLY power forward. Jason Thompson is a very nice player but with Amir and Davis, I fail to see where he fits in. The Raptors were missing three rotation players (not including Davis) and STILL managed to be able to have eight players play significant minutes.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X