Raptors Interested in Jason Thompson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Garcia is a tool. Does anyone recall 2 yrs ago when he stepped on Bargs' chest when he was on the ground. Very classy fellow. Looks like a vatos locos reject.
    joe panini wants to trade for him and take on his massive contract along with a year of dalembert.

Comment

I wouldn't want any part of Garcia or Dalembert just to get Thompson. That's a waste of the TPE. I'd rather not use it if that's teh case.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        I wouldn't want any part of Garcia or Dalembert just to get Thompson. That's a waste of the TPE. I'd rather not use it if that's teh case.
        Well Dalembert is actually a good center, and he's an expiring. Garcia is a very decent SG, but I couldn't remember him stepping on Bargnani, but I guess that's pretty assholish...

@Legalize-it: Who are you to tell me to stop posting?

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
          Well Dalembert is actually a good center, and he's an expiring. Garcia is a very decent SG, but I couldn't remember him stepping on Bargnani, but I guess that's pretty assholish...

@Legalize-it: Who are you to tell me to stop posting?
          you dont have to stop, but please try to minimize the BS. kno what i mean ?

Comment

you guys need to chill out. i can't really see how the math is THAT bad. i'm pretty sure he's talking about contracts over multiple years -- although the dalembert contract couldn't really factor too much into that since it is expiring.
            It's about money

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
              you dont have to stop, but please try to minimize the BS. kno what i mean ?
              minimize the BS? Who are you to judge me and what I say as BS. Honestly I don't see any BS in what I have posted. I offered a trade idea, which you have every right to disagree on and even add ideas onto, but even if the trade idea might not be the best it's not BS. So every other trade proposal on this forum is BS? Did you go through all my posts since I joined to check for my BS.

And just for you to know. My addition is perfectly fine. If we do a trade of our 2nd round pick + TPE (to cover Dalembert's contract) for Jason Thompson ($3M) + Samuel Dalembert ($13.5M) + Francisco Garcia ($24M) that saves Kings 3+13.5+24=40M. When I posted that I didn't really bother to count, but it's $40M. And this trade doesn't look so bad on our side. We get a very good rebounder and defender in Dalembert who we can dump next year. We get the main target here who is Jason Thompson. We have to take Garcia's baggage and that's the only downside, but when you trade nothing for a lot, you always end up taking up baggage. Now please tell me what is so BS about this trade proposal?

Comment

minimize the BS? Who are you to judge me and what I say as BS. Honestly I don't see any BS in what I have posted. I offered a trade idea, which you have every right to disagree on and even add ideas onto, but even if the trade idea might not be the best it's not BS. So every other trade proposal on this forum is BS? Did you go through all my posts since I joined to check for my BS.

And just for you to know. My addition is perfectly fine. If we do a trade of our 2nd round pick + TPE (to cover Dalembert's contract) for Jason Thompson ($3M) + Samuel Dalembert ($13.5M) + Francisco Garcia ($24M) that saves Kings 3+13.5+24=40M. When I posted that I didn't really bother to count, but it's $40M. And this trade doesn't look so bad on our side. We get a very good rebounder and defender in Dalembert who we can dump next year. We get the main target here who is Jason Thompson. We have to take Garcia's baggage and that's the only downside, but when you trade nothing for a lot, you always end up taking up baggage. Now please tell me what is so BS about this trade proposal?
                no its bs when ur math is totally out of wack... and most of the other long pointless paragraphs you write...

when you did your math did you ever think that by trading evans and banks that someone would still have to pay those two ?

hmmm

and you said they would give us a 1st round pick...now you change the trade and think no one caught ur bs.... pure bitch move joe...
                Last edited by Legalize-It; Thu Nov 18, 2010, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Give them Reggie. I know, sounds crazy, but how about we get Thompson and a first round pick for Reggie and Banks. With their roster pretty much full, maybe all they want is more cap-room?

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
                    no its bs when ur math is totally out of wack... and most of the other long pointless paragraphs you write...

when you did your math did you ever think that by trading evans and banks that someone would still have to pay those two ?

hmmm

and you said they would give us a 1st round pick...now you change the trade and think no one caught ur bs.... pure bitch move joe...
                    I said I changed it, I'm not hiding anything. All the posts are still there. It's called trying to improve on the idea.

Comment

Maybe the Raptors trade Bayless to SAC for Thompson?

SAC reportedly offered Thompson to ATL for Teague.

Salaries match and the Raps have no back up C now - although they'd be pretty thin at the point if this happened, although one could argue Bayless is not a PG.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Salaries match and the Raps have no back up C now - although they'd be pretty thin at the point if this happened, although one could argue Bayless is not a PG.
                        I like Thompson far more than Bayless. THompson has at least proven he can play in the NBA. Bayless hasn't.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I would do that in a heartbeat. The Peja trade makes more sense now...

Comment

Of course, if one of the reasons for doing the deal was to make room for Ed Davis, getting Jason THompson makes little sense.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Of course, if one of the reasons for doing the deal was to make room for Ed Davis, getting Jason THompson makes little sense.
                              Unless Evans is next to go and the Raps bring back Bobby Brown. He had a good rapport with DD and Weems this summer both on and off the court from what I've read.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                                As I said before, if Evans goes and the Thompson for Bayless happened and a third stringer PG was brought in (Brown?), this is what the Raps would have going forward:

PG: Calderon, Barbosa, 3rd string
                                SG: DD, Weems
                                SF: Kleiza, Peja, Wright
                                PF: Johnson, Davis, Dorsey
                                C: Bargs, Thompson, Alabi

I could live with that for the rest of the year notwithstanding any other possible trade, albeit they'd be thin at guard. Unless Evans could fetch a decent SG.
                                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Nov 21, 2010, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X