• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorsey or Evans?

Dorsey looked pretty good tonight.

11 rebounds and 3 steals in 16 minutes

It seems to me that his team defense is better than Reggie's

He moves better, he is stronger and younger.

Everyone knows what I think.

Its Joey time

P.S. No he should not start.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Dorsey looked pretty good tonight.

11 rebounds and 3 steals in 16 minutes

It seems to me that his team defense is better than Reggie's

He moves better, he is stronger and younger.

Everyone knows what I think.

Its Joey time

P.S. No he should not start.
    I don't care much on who plays as long as Amir starts, the guy is starting to change people's opinion, good signing after all.

Comment

They are both playing pretty well, I think Evans should be traded while his value is high since we can have Dorsey fill his minutes. It's the intangibles that set Evans apart I hear he is pretty vocal in the locker room and his intensity that he brings every night is crazy.

Comment

Priest wrote: View Post
        They are both playing pretty well, I think Evans should be traded while his value is high since we can have Dorsey fill his minutes. It's the intangibles that set Evans apart I hear he is pretty vocal in the locker room and his intensity that he brings every night is crazy.
        I like having Reggie for the leadership and at the moment I think that makes him valuable enough to keep unless you get a really good offer. Dorsey is already better than Reggie on offense and I think he can be very successful playing the role of the hard nosed offensive rebounder that Reggie has played for us. I think Reggie should try and take him under his wing in terms of the aggressive style he uses.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
          I like having Reggie for the leadership and at the moment I think that makes him valuable enough to keep unless you get a really good offer. Dorsey is already better than Reggie on offense and I think he can be very successful playing the role of the hard nosed offensive rebounder that Reggie has played for us. I think Reggie should try and take him under his wing in terms of the aggressive style he uses.
          With regards to trading reggie: Buy Low Sell High
          What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

Honestly, I rather keep Evans just so this team shows up mentally more often.

Comment

I like Dorsey, don't get me wrong. But Reggie's rebounding is simply too good to compromise for a little bit of offense. We don't need to score. We need to end opponents' possessions to one shot, and gain second possessions on our own. Reggie's Total Rebounding Rate this season is much, MUCH higher than any other player in the league's. He's also been great for steals.

Dorsey needs to lose a bit of weight to become more nimble, too. He's a little stiff when moving out there. Might just be the way he is, but I'm convinced he can be quicker.
              Joshua Priemski
              NBA blogger
              SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
              www.RufusOnFire.com/
              www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

I don't think Reggie should be traded, unless a great deal comes up and we get a true starting PG in return. He plays within himself and knows his role on and off the court. He's a leader and his energy is a great influence on the YGZ.

Comment

Introcollapse wrote: View Post
                  I like Dorsey, don't get me wrong. But Reggie's rebounding is simply too good to compromise for a little bit of offense. We don't need to score. We need to end opponents' possessions to one shot, and gain second possessions on our own. Reggie's Total Rebounding Rate this season is much, MUCH higher than any other player in the league's. He's also been great for steals.

Dorsey needs to lose a bit of weight to become more nimble, too. He's a little stiff when moving out there. Might just be the way he is, but I'm convinced he can be quicker.
                  I disagree. Dorsey and Johnson are just as good of rebounders as Reggie is. But that is not the issue, when we go on the other end we play 4 on 5 which hurts us a lot. Check out the difference when we put 2 offensively capable big men on the court...

Comment

Trade Evans when value is high. His contract is up this year and getting a draft pick for him works well. The intangible is important with the energy and potential leadership, but even with him the team has come out flat at times so he is not the messiah of motivation.

Comment

Being vocal is often not a good thing.

A lot of people are vocal and obnoxious as a result of it.

Watching him give directions on the court the way he does, is in my opinion pretty obnoxious.

The guy has no business trying to boss these other guys around. He is like the neighborhood bully who goes around bullying everyone just because they are bigger. Evans has never accomplished anything in his long NBA career to indicate that he has the basketball IQ to play traffic cop, homeroom monitor and just out right bully.

I have seen a few times where Evans would go over to one of his teammates on the court raise his finger shake it at them and start yapping. The recipient of this obnoxious behavior just turned his back and walked away.

I have seen Kobe talk to fellow teammates if he sees something wrong many times over the years. He does it the right way, almost always quietly and on the bench during time outs or when he and the teammate are on the bench during the game.

Sorry Raptors fans, I just think Dorsey would contribute more to the Raptors winning than Evans.

Its like the old saying most of us have either used or heard used in our life time.

"Who died and put you in charge"
                      Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun Nov 14, 2010, 09:21 AM.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Isn't Davis a good rebounder/shot blocker as well? So when he gets back are we going to be bogged down with people under the basket looking for rebounds (not that it is ever a BAD thing). What I mean to say is that if we traded Reggie, we would have someone coming in who is capable of getting rebounds also. As was said "buy low, sell high". I just hope it wouldn't be a lateral move. I would like to see some more put back opportunities and Reggie has hands made of sand so that never works out well. Dorsey is a little better offensively and might not be so terrible around the basket. Any chance we trade him to a contender for a, supposed, late first rounder? I think that would give us three first rounders and a second this year...I think... I like Reggie and his hustle and I really don't think he comes off as "obnoxious". Maybe he falls into the "those who can't, teach" column, so he just yaps a lot from that perspective.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                          I disagree. Dorsey and Johnson are just as good of rebounders as Reggie is. But that is not the issue, when we go on the other end we play 4 on 5 which hurts us a lot. Check out the difference when we put 2 offensively capable big men on the court...
                          Not even close. Reggie's head and shoulders a better rebounder. Check it out:

Per36:
                          Reggie Evans 15.2 rebounds
                          Dorsey 17.5
                          Amir 9.6

But don't let that fool you. Dorsey's sample size is very small. So let's look at total rebounding rate.

Reggie 25.7 (highest in the entire league, Kevin Love is a distant second at 25.1, even with his 20+ and 31 rebound games)
                          Dorsey 21.2
                          Amir 17.4

It's no contest. At all. Reggie is a MUCH better rebounder.

And again, we have so much scoring on this team that I can live without Reggie's scoring. He's still a great passer, great at setting screens...

Come on, bro. I know you're all for the young and building movement, but just because Reggie's old doesn't mean you should hate on him.
                          Joshua Priemski
                          NBA blogger
                          SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                          www.RufusOnFire.com/
                          www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Per36:
                            Dorsey 17.5
                            Amir 9.6

But don't let that fool you. Dorsey's sample size is very small. So let's look at total rebounding rate.

Reggie 25.7 (highest in the entire league, Kevin Love is a distant second at 25.1, even with his 20+ and 31 rebound games)
                            Dorsey 21.2
                            Amir 17.4

And again, we have so much scoring on this team that I can live without Reggie's scoring. He's still a great passer, great at setting screens...

Come on, bro. I know you're all for the young and building movement, but just because Reggie's old doesn't mean you should hate on him.
                            From a career prospective these are the numbers

Rebounds per 36 Minutes
                            ------------------------
                            Dorsey-----15.0
                            Evans-----12.0

Rebound Percentage
                            ---------------------
                            Dorsey------24.2%
                            Evans-------20.8%

Stats

Comment

Per36:
                              Dorsey 17.5
                              Amir 9.6

Dorsey 21.2
                              Amir 17.4

I would think that if you put Dorsey and Johnson instead of Reggie, their rebounding percentage will go up. Which ever player plays at the 4 whilst Bargnani will have a high rebounding percentage. Anyways, that is not the point. Both Dorsey and Johnson can get the job done on the boards, and both are not liabilities on offense. It's not about rebounding averages or percentages, we all know Dorsey and Johnson can rebound, maybe slighty less than Reggie but they more than makeup for it on offense. I love Reggie and all, but he shouldn't start on an NBA team.

Amir is good at screens too, maybe not passes though. And I'm not hating on Reggie, everytime he gets a board and gives that awesome animal face of his it gets me pretty worked up. And I was extremely happy with his rebounding, but the now people actually think he is a worthy starter... And he should hope that his minutes go down, I don't think his legs could take 30 minutes a game for 82 games...

I just think that Amir starting, and Dorsey and Reggie sharing minutes off the bench will make the Raptors a better team...

Comment

Working...
                              X