No announcement yet.

Dorsey or Evans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+ 1. I really like Joey. I guess Evans can go for the right price. I'm just afraid that as soon as the injured guys come back from injuries, he'll be buried deep in the bench again. Another trade needs to happen soon so that the team can continue to gel with the new members.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
      I would think that if you put Dorsey and Johnson instead of Reggie, their rebounding percentage will go up. Which ever player plays at the 4 whilst Bargnani will have a high rebounding percentage. Anyways, that is not the point. Both Dorsey and Johnson can get the job done on the boards, and both are not liabilities on offense. It's not about rebounding averages or percentages, we all know Dorsey and Johnson can rebound, maybe slighty less than Reggie but they more than makeup for it on offense. I love Reggie and all, but he shouldn't start on an NBA team.

Amir is good at screens too, maybe not passes though. And I'm not hating on Reggie, everytime he gets a board and gives that awesome animal face of his it gets me pretty worked up. And I was extremely happy with his rebounding, but the now people actually think he is a worthy starter... And he should hope that his minutes go down, I don't think his legs could take 30 minutes a game for 82 games...

I just think that Amir starting, and Dorsey and Reggie sharing minutes off the bench will make the Raptors a better team...
      As I posted on the main web page.

Over the last 6 games in which Reggie has played the Raptors are minus 14 with him on the court and plus seven with him on the bench.

That is not what you want from your starting PF or any of your starters.

Bargnani probably isn't much better but at least in games in which he shoots well and often the Raptors tend to do better when he is on the court then when he off. With Reggie it doesn't matter how many rebounds he gets. The Raptors play worse when he is on the court then when he is off.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
        I disagree. Dorsey and Johnson are just as good of rebounders as Reggie is. But that is not the issue, when we go on the other end we play 4 on 5 which hurts us a lot. Check out the difference when we put 2 offensively capable big men on the court...
        Dorsey, yes.

Amir, no.

Who would I rather on the floor? Dorsey or Amir.

Comment

Not saying you're wrong, Budaah, 'cause I agree that Reggie's defense is subpar. However, it's important to note that because of the number of minutes played, and the fact that he's starting alongside Bargnani (and thus plays the majority of his minutes with Bargs), that the team defense numbers with him on the floor and off are a little skewed.

But I do agree.

My point is that it's no secret that the second unit's defense as a team is better than the starters'. So it's a little unfair to Reggie to use team defense with and without him as a measuring stick.
          Last edited by Introcollapse; Sun Nov 14, 2010, 12:59 PM.
          Joshua Priemski
          NBA blogger
          SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
          www.RufusOnFire.com/
          www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Dorsey's a better defender, and shouldn't be an disturbingly horrible offensive player despite his very low usage unlike Evans. Evans should have some decent trade value now, BC should be shopping him.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Dorsey, yes.

Amir, no.

Go Joey. He's the man.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Heres an idea, instead of automatically jumping to the conclusion of trading one of them right now, how about (wait for it) we keep them both. I know right, very radical idea, but it might just work. People, people, DONT TRADE EVERYTHING AWAY JUST FOR THE SAKE OF DOING SOMETHING!

Ahh that annoys me too much.

Two players play well. What do we auto matically go to? Trade!

Keep em both. Make a decision at the trade deadline. Afraid Reggies wealth will go away? Piss off, were putting all the trust into a kid who had a solid 16 mins. Lets see where the dorsey train goes shall we?

Be rational you trade happy people haha.

Comment

Interesting debate. Rebounding wise, I think they are very close. Team defense, I give to Dorsey. Offense, I give to Dorsey, meaning that at least Dorsey can actually make use of an offensive rebound instead of getting blocked multiple times. Intangibles, I would give to Reggie, for now. Therefore, I think you keep Reggie until the trade deadline and groom Dorsey to eventually take over his role. This is a development year, so there's really no long term future for Reggie anyways, especially with Ed Davis eventually slated for big minutes. Might as well develop a younger, cheaper version.

Comment

Introcollapse wrote: View Post
                    I like Dorsey, don't get me wrong. But Reggie's rebounding is simply too good to compromise for a little bit of offense. We don't need to score. We need to end opponents' possessions to one shot, and gain second possessions on our own. Reggie's Total Rebounding Rate this season is much, MUCH higher than any other player in the league's. He's also been great for steals.

Dorsey needs to lose a bit of weight to become more nimble, too. He's a little stiff when moving out there. Might just be the way he is, but I'm convinced he can be quicker.
                    Don't tell me you want to keep Evans over Dorsey because of quickness. That's just stupid. The only significant edge Reggie has on Dorsey is intensity - he brings it every night. Don't get me wrong, that counts for a lot, but Dorsey is as good or better at every other facet of the game (except passing but that's not a meaningful point between these two guys).

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                      Heres an idea, instead of automatically jumping to the conclusion of trading one of them right now, how about (wait for it) we keep them both. I know right, very radical idea, but it might just work. People, people, DONT TRADE EVERYTHING AWAY JUST FOR THE SAKE OF DOING SOMETHING!
                      getting something for Reggie is close to getting something for nothing. We'll replace his minutes with Dorsey and Davis and get something for it. By something, I mean something useful to us, not another $5M veteran, that would be useless to us and likely a deal that's at best even. A pick, any pick, would be a good deal.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Dorsey, yes.

Amir, no.

Amir 100%

Comment

Brain Colangelo wrote: View Post
                          getting something for Reggie is close to getting something for nothing. We'll replace his minutes with Dorsey and Davis and get something for it. By something, I mean something useful to us, not another $5M veteran, that would be useless to us and likely a deal that's at best even. A pick, any pick, would be a good deal.
                          Wait for it, believe me. Its stupid to make decisions now. 3 wins into the season, lets watch the team grow instead of always trying to get better players. Yes it could work, but the chances of it working go up when we wait.

Comment

Working...
                          X