Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dorsey or Evans?

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Dorsey, yes.

Amir, no.

Who would I rather on the floor? Dorsey or Amir.
    Go Joey. He's the man.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Heres an idea, instead of automatically jumping to the conclusion of trading one of them right now, how about (wait for it) we keep them both. I know right, very radical idea, but it might just work. People, people, DONT TRADE EVERYTHING AWAY JUST FOR THE SAKE OF DOING SOMETHING!

Ahh that annoys me too much.

Two players play well. What do we auto matically go to? Trade!

Keep em both. Make a decision at the trade deadline. Afraid Reggies wealth will go away? Piss off, were putting all the trust into a kid who had a solid 16 mins. Lets see where the dorsey train goes shall we?

Be rational you trade happy people haha.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting debate. Rebounding wise, I think they are very close. Team defense, I give to Dorsey. Offense, I give to Dorsey, meaning that at least Dorsey can actually make use of an offensive rebound instead of getting blocked multiple times. Intangibles, I would give to Reggie, for now. Therefore, I think you keep Reggie until the trade deadline and groom Dorsey to eventually take over his role. This is a development year, so there's really no long term future for Reggie anyways, especially with Ed Davis eventually slated for big minutes. Might as well develop a younger, cheaper version.

Raptors Republic Rookie Brain Colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Introcollapse wrote: View Post
    I like Dorsey, don't get me wrong. But Reggie's rebounding is simply too good to compromise for a little bit of offense. We don't need to score. We need to end opponents' possessions to one shot, and gain second possessions on our own. Reggie's Total Rebounding Rate this season is much, MUCH higher than any other player in the league's. He's also been great for steals.

Dorsey needs to lose a bit of weight to become more nimble, too. He's a little stiff when moving out there. Might just be the way he is, but I'm convinced he can be quicker.
    Don't tell me you want to keep Evans over Dorsey because of quickness. That's just stupid. The only significant edge Reggie has on Dorsey is intensity - he brings it every night. Don't get me wrong, that counts for a lot, but Dorsey is as good or better at every other facet of the game (except passing but that's not a meaningful point between these two guys).

Raptors Republic Rookie Brain Colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    Heres an idea, instead of automatically jumping to the conclusion of trading one of them right now, how about (wait for it) we keep them both. I know right, very radical idea, but it might just work. People, people, DONT TRADE EVERYTHING AWAY JUST FOR THE SAKE OF DOING SOMETHING!
    getting something for Reggie is close to getting something for nothing. We'll replace his minutes with Dorsey and Davis and get something for it. By something, I mean something useful to us, not another $5M veteran, that would be useless to us and likely a deal that's at best even. A pick, any pick, would be a good deal.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Dorsey, yes.

Amir, no.

Who would I rather on the floor? Dorsey or Amir.
    Amir 100%

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brain Colangelo wrote: View Post
    getting something for Reggie is close to getting something for nothing. We'll replace his minutes with Dorsey and Davis and get something for it. By something, I mean something useful to us, not another $5M veteran, that would be useless to us and likely a deal that's at best even. A pick, any pick, would be a good deal.
    Wait for it, believe me. Its stupid to make decisions now. 3 wins into the season, lets watch the team grow instead of always trying to get better players. Yes it could work, but the chances of it working go up when we wait.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information