Miami's 2011 1st round draft pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Good to know, but doesn't get me excited. I honestly think after the top 15 players go, what you get out of the draft is entirely up to your scouting department. In 2009, Taj Gibson and Toney Douglas were found at 26 and 29 whereas Victor Claver and Byron Mullens were at 22 and 24. Obviously, the higher the pick the better and the Raptors benefit if Miami struggles, but if history has taught me anything it's that your late-round picks reflect just how good your front-office is.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the pick is packaged to move up, much like what Oklahoma did to get Aldrich.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

AJM wrote: View Post
      I though raptors got they own pick back from Heat! the one that they gave away when they traded ONeal for Marion. Are u guys sure we have two first round picks?
      We got that one back and the Heats pick.

Comment

10 games is really 1/8 of the season. I know that crap starts happen, but so do crap middles, crap finishes...
        It's about money

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          Apparently Doug Smith said the pick was from 2012. I'm absolutely shocked that he might be wrong. Will the sun rise tomorrow?

Still, I had, in the back of my mind, thought that the Raptors had acquired another first round pick from someone, but perhaps not. COuld have simply been wishful thinking.
          Yes quite the shocker that Doug is wrong. But ya, it's definately Miami's 2011 1st, lottery protected. So let's all hope that Miami makes the playoffs....as an 8th seed.

And no, there is no other pick that the Raps acquired.

Comment

Joe Buddy wrote: View Post
            Yes quite the shocker that Doug is wrong. But ya, it's definately Miami's 2011 1st, lottery protected. So let's all hope that Miami makes the playoffs....as an 8th seed.

And no, there is no other pick that the Raps acquired.
            Yes, forgot to mention the top-14 protected.

It is one thing to be here on a blog and have people spewing false information but for a guy who's job it is to follow the Raptors for the last 15 years, please! We all make mistakes or get something wrong but if I was getting paid to follow the Raptors I can guarantee I'd be more intune than the folks who write for the Raptors in the Toronto media. I guess to be a sports journalist, you do not need to be a sports fan - unfortunately.

Comment

great thing too is there's always teams willing to trade down to save money. perhaps we can swap the pick and our second for one in the 14-17 range? ehhh?
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                great thing too is there's always teams willing to trade down to save money. perhaps we can swap the pick and our second for one in the 14-17 range? ehhh?
                The 2011 2nd round pick is DET's as part of the Delfino deal (2009/2011 2nd round picks).

But the TPE might allow them to absorb a contract a team is looking to dump, very much like OKC did last year with NOH.

Comment

Working...
                X