Joe Alexander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Alexander

I know this probably won't happen because we are loaded with forwards, but I think he has a shit load of potential, and hasn't really gotten a chance to play in the league.

Neither did Julian Wright.

I rather give the minutes to Wright at least he showed he is athletic and can defend unlike Joe Alexander.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Neither did Julian Wright.

I rather give the minutes to Wright at least he showed he is athletic and can defend unlike Joe Alexander.
      How can you even say that, he hasn't even played a full season yet? I agree thouhh Julian is playing well

Comment

No thanks. Our youth movement has enough problems in getting players time. We would have to either trade away someone to make room or cut somebody loose. Can't see it happening.

Comment

Joe Alexander is a classic example of a guy who scored great in the draft combine testing (vertical, strength, quickness, etc...), but has no feel for the game. I think he was the best overall athlete or close to it. Same draft as Kevin Durant, I believe, who scored like something like zero on the bench press, and wasn't too quick either. lol.

Comment

Joe Alexander has shown very little, in two years in the league, to prove he belongs in the NBA. I thought he had a chance at being a decent player when he was drafted, but he simply doesn't have the skills. It's too bad, as he's apparently as hard a worker as anyone, but the fact that three teams tried him out and passed on him tells me that he's probably never going to be anything in the NBA. There's simply no point in the Raptors getting another player who would be bench material, at best on another NBA team.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Joe Alexander has shown very little, in two years in the league, to prove he belongs in the NBA. I thought he had a chance at being a decent player when he was drafted, but he simply doesn't have the skills. It's too bad, as he's apparently as hard a worker as anyone, but the fact that three teams tried him out and passed on him tells me that he's probably never going to be anything in the NBA. There's simply no point in the Raptors getting another player who would be bench material, at best on another NBA team.
              He's been riddled with injuries I'll give you that, but to write him off at this point is a little ridiculous. I've had hamstring injuries that have affected me for a long time, but eventually recovered. He just needs another chance, NO relesed him because he's definately a development player, and they wanna win now. He would fit in with the Raps as he's super athletic, and is physical. I wish BC never signed Kleiza because Alexander would be a better fit in the long term.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                He's been riddled with injuries I'll give you that, but to write him off at this point is a little ridiculous. I've had hamstring injuries that have affected me for a long time, but eventually recovered. He just needs another chance, NO relesed him because he's definately a development player, and they wanna win now. He would fit in with the Raps as he's super athletic, and is physical. I wish BC never signed Kleiza because Alexander would be a better fit in the long term.
                I'm not writing him off, but Milwaukee didn't see enough in him, neither did Chicago. Neither of them were in win now scenarios. Yes, he's had some injuries, but even before the injuries he struggled mightily. What exactly is his main skill? He's not good shooter, not a great defender and has poor handles. He's got to have SOMETHING he's going to be able to hang his hat on to catch on and, at this point, I fail to see what it is. Athleticism, unfortunately, is not much of a commodity if you've got little else to go along with it.

Again, I would have loved to have seen Alexander to succeed, and he may still have a career, but I simply don't see him becoming a player of note. Kleiza, at least, you know can be productive. If nothing else, he'll be an asset you can use to upgrade the roster later on, or be a rotation player who can give you some good minutes. Joe Alexander, at this point, brings nothing other than the ability to dunk the ball.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

As people already mentioned, the Raptors have Julian Wright as their guy they're taking a flier on. Alexander isn't going to get PT with Davis, Johnson, Evans, Kleiza and Wright all eating up minutes at the forward spots. He failed in two places already. Why bring in another guy who can't play defense?

Comment

A risk we don't need to take. Plus we don't need another forward.

Comment

Plus who gives up their seat for Alexeander? Dorsey or Andersen or Alabi or Wright? I'd take all four of those guys over him.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Plus who gives up their seat for Alexeander? Dorsey or Andersen or Alabi or Wright? I'd take all four of those guys over him.
                        I think all of our roster is more talented than he is...

Comment

Apart from Banks :P

Comment

Joe is to slow mentally and physically. You don't get cut by three good teams without being a dud or having some serious bad luck. He was marginal at west virginia and really just was bigger, stronger and could jump higher then college players but once you get to the NBA you can't do that. So he hasn't shown any skills at the NBA level and he lacks any kind of foot speed to be successful at the wing position. ANother bust of a small 4 trying to become a 3 in the NBA. THink Joey Graham with less game lol

Comment

I agree with everybody that Joe hasn't shown anything in the NBA, and yes we have Julian playing some pretty good ball right now. One thing I know is that he is a strong, gritty player who can shoot mid rangers, gets dirty on defence, and has potential that could be seriously tapped by Triano, who is as you can see, one of the best coach's for young development. All in all we don't have any room for him, which I think is too bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X