Beasley - Revisited again in #110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YEP !
    I said when they opted to take a trade exemption...that its a personnel blunder another one by you know who...

Dude was going to be mad and ready to fuck around on the league and play like a beast like hes doing..INSTEAD were left holding a worthless TPE and a bunch of lame excuses about character issues...

Comment

Maybe it's just me...but the last time I saw him in a game (closeups during foul shots) he had that droopy look like a lot of weight on the eyelids. I believe he is at the stage when some good pulls before a game is a necessity and it doesnt matter @ 21 because his enormous skills and athleticism are carrying him. A couple of years from now who knows and the influence on the other young members might be problematic.

ps....does anyone know how testing for substances in the nba works in-season?

Comment

B-ezee....character issues aside, we should've taken this dude. he would have turned all the young gunz into pure potheads

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
          YEP !
          I said when they opted to take a trade exemption...that its a personnel blunder another one by you know who...

Dude was going to be mad and ready to fuck around on the league and play like a beast like hes doing..INSTEAD were left holding a worthless TPE and a bunch of lame excuses about character issues...
          for once i agree with you Trife, hehehe.
          I wouldve taken a gamble on Beasley, if it didnt work, we couldve traded him for picks or whatever
          Unlike the TPE which has an expiration date, the Raps are going to scramble to make the TPE work for them, if they cant find a trading partner then it will just go to waste.

@bendit
          he may be dumb to have taken drugs, but i dont think he's that dumb to take hit before a game knowing everybody in the world knows that he is a druggie. im pretty sure the NBA gives him random tests.

if he turned the young gunz into potheads then we shouldnt have believed in them coz theyre dumber than the druggie.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            He has character issues. I don't regret it at all. You can't win with guys like that leading the way.
            "had" character issues. so far he hasnt messed up.
            i think him being a rookie and labeled as a kid really messed him up, i think it happens everywhere, you dont give him playing time with all his talents, he gets bored and depressed and starts doing all kinds of shit. same with regular kids, they get bored in school they start doing drugs. now that he's getting playing time and more touches, he has stability and doesnt have to worry about his career. if he played with the raps, he's gonna get ample playing time to show his talents. i dont think he'll mess up.

Comment

He's doing all his damage playing the 3 too, he would definitley be an upgrade for us over Kleiza.

Comment

has character guys ever won us anything? I said from day one when bc didn't take beasley it was going to be a big mistake...you don't let talent like this just walk away ppl...this guy put's up numbers and it deson't seem like he is even trying out there...this euro crap need to stop and we need to get real talen on the roster
                "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

anybody hating on beasley is just a hater...he's better thany onyone we have on our roster...all we need is a centre and we will be a top 5 team in the east
                  "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

There are no distractions in Minnesota. None. I think that has helped him. All he can do now is focus on basketball. If he was on the Raptors and he was pulling the same shenanigans as he was in Miami, people would still be shitting all over Colangelo for taking Beasley instead of the TPE.

While Beasley has the talent, he has to put the stats up consistently. ANd his had has to be there. Even Love made a comment this season in reference to Beasley saying that he was like 22 going on 8. It's hard to take flyers on guys like that.

We don't know what the TPE will amount to, so why rip on it?

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                      anybody hating on beasley is just a hater...he's better thany onyone we have on our roster...all we need is a centre and we will be a top 5 team in the east
                      So he played 4 good games and suddenly he's better than anyone else on the roster? I can't agree with that.

Comment

I was initially against getting him, but then changed my mind, but I certainly don't regret the Raptors getting him. He's putting up good numbers on a very poor team. And he's an extremely poor defensive player.

My reason for thinking he might be a good addition was because the Raptors would be going absolutely nowhere this season anyway, so it's not like he'd hurt the team's chances of making the playoffs. The team could take him for one year and then see if they could get anything in a deal for him. If not, they could simply not pick up his option.

I question whether Beasley can be a long term solution for a team:
                        - Is he good enough to be the main scorer on a contender?
                        - If not, can he still be effective when the ball is not in his hands?
                        - Can he do the little things that will help a team win?

I really don't know about any of those things. On Miami, he actually got half decent numbers, but he was simply not an effective role player, which is what he would end up having to be on a contender.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                          So apparently it's okay to "hate" on Bargnani, but not on Beasley? How does that work?
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                            "had" character issues. so far he hasnt messed up.
                            Oh and we should all turn the page based on a few months? Vin Baker had stretches where he wasn't getting in trouble and how did he turn out?

i think him being a rookie and labeled as a kid really messed him up, i think it happens everywhere, you dont give him playing time with all his talents, he gets bored and depressed and starts doing all kinds of shit.
                            No excuse. This only further illustrates how weak he is. Struck with adversity he self destructs? Great, sign me up for some of that.

now that he's getting playing time and more touches, he has stability and doesnt have to worry about his career. if he played with the raps, he's gonna get ample playing time to show his talents. i dont think he'll mess up.
                            Yeah but what about the team? You're suggesting that he's driven and controlled by his own selfish expectations and desires. Again, pass.

Comment

@tim w.

i dont know about that, last year he had really good games with the heat considering he played alongside wade who pretty much dominates the ball. it just went downhill for him when he went into a bit of a slump and he started getting negative press. well i dont think we are any much better than the wolves, so wouldnt it be better if he was producing for us rather than the wolves? i guess you could be right too, coz i remember there was once a player who put up monster numbers for a poor team but now on a good team he's doing shit (hint, hint)

Comment

i think beasley is a fine player.... as long as he stays in minnesota

not that i know alot about minnesota... all i really know, i learned from the movie Purple Rain... but if all he has to worry about is The Kid wanting to purify him in the waters of Lake Minnatonka.. he's pretty safe from the vices that he picked up in Miami

He probably wants out of Minnesota on a personal level... just like we all wanted out of our parent's basements at one point in our lives.. but really, its the best situation for him

Comment

Working...
                                X