BC looking like a legit architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick wrote: View Post
    Ok, you seem to know what your talking about!
    not really looking for fans but thanks.

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
      what if babcock didnt exist ?? who would you deflect to then ??

is comparing babcock to bc really fair ??

babcock
      - disgruntled star
      - hired 2 weeks before the draft
      - no cap space

BC
      - number 1 pick
      - rising star
      - loads of cap space thanks to embry

yea its really fair to compare the two, but do what you gotta do to not work your brain too hard nick...
      Who said I was comparing the two? Look at your argument.. Your an idiot and I won't bother ever replying to any of your posts again. We are all now dummer for having known you.

Comment

Who said I was comparing the two? Look at your argument.. Your an idiot and I won't bother ever replying to any of your posts again. We are all now dummer for having known you.
        you did compare the two though ? when you asked if we remember babcock ? what was the point of bringing him up if it wasnt a comparison ? why did you use babcock then ?

Comment

Pretty funny to all of you hating on Colangelo. Do you not remember Babcock?
          what if babcock didnt exist ?? who would you deflect to then ??

is comparing babcock to bc really fair ??

babcock
          - disgruntled star
          - hired 2 weeks before the draft
          - no cap space

BC
          - number 1 pick
          - rising star
          - loads of cap space thanks to embry

yea its really fair to compare the two, but do what you gotta do to not work your brain too hard nick...
          that's your arguemnt ? calling me an idiot... what's wrong cant debate the topic ? hmmm i guess that's too bad...

i would love to know which part of my little chart where i listed the attributes of colangelo's situation and babcock's situation you disagreed with

oh noooooo !! ur not going to reply to my posts anymore ? oh so who's going to call me names then ? oh god now what am i going to do ??

that'z rite dont respond cuz you cant

Comment

BC has been here for almos 5 years. He came to this team with ton of Cap room and first overall pick + Bosh.
            In his fifth year now, we are looking at a Raptor team which is going to finish as the bottom five of the NBA.

I think his body of work tells us all how he did and what he is all about

Comment

BC is decisive and creative and isn't afraid to make the big deal. Unfortunately some didn't pan out. I like his style but I wish his results were better. I think it will be interesting to see what BC does at the trade deadline. I think he might be due to hit one out of the park. At the very least he'll go out swinging.
              Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

I think Bryan Colangelo has done a lot of good, but let's be real here. He is terrible at negotiating contracts, and thus hurting the team's flexibility in terms of other roster moves. He is really good at finding diamonds in the rough, and fixing mistakes he's made, but I can't look past the unnecessarily large contracts he gives out. Kapono's contract was way too big for such a one-dimensional player. Andrea may end up living up to the size of his contract, but he gave him 50 million bidding against himself. Same with Amir. I love his game, but there is no way that he had to pay that much to retain him. There's also Jose's contract. I know every GM gives out bad contracts once in a while, but Colangelo does it pretty frequently. They're not astronomical, but he seems to give players 2-3 million too much per season. That tends to add up.

I'm also confused by the timing of this thread. I too like the effort I'm seeing from the players, and I can see a couple of our young guys developing right in front of our eyes, but come on, we're 2-8. Is this really the best time to be singing the praises of our GM?

Comment

ok so back to the question ? are the raps in rebuilding just b/c bosh left as you assume ?

or does it require trading some of your veterans for future draft picks and other young players ?

blatch and mcgee are regressing ?? yea ok ! i guess no one is developing at sonny weem's rate right ??
                  I just ripped your argument to shreads and you come back with this?

You are weak in debating. It is like dealing with a child who refuses to be rational and instead thinks by screaming the loudest, they are right.

All your questions have already been discussed. It is hilarious the teams you say the Raptors should emulate are WSH and OKC. WSH is going about a rebuild the worst possible way and OKC took 5 seasons. WSH got 1 draft pick (#30) for 3 starters and hardly any young players - just expiring contracts. OKC needed the #2, #5, #4, and #3 draft picks in 3 consecutive seasons to make the 8th seed of the playoffs and this year, 10 games in, with one of the best PG's and best scorers in the league they are 6-4 and in the 8th seed again.

I have never said BC was the best GM in the league as you referred earlier - I said he was one of the best and 2 Executives of the year awards in 9 seasons is pretty good proof of that.

Essentially I am saying BC is a very good GM who has made some mistakes like all GM's but made some very good moves as well. He is no longer working with a doomed situation in Bosh (who is useless next to LBJ and Wade, how did the Raptors ever have a chance?) so he deserves a season or two to turn it around. Look what he did with one season in Phoenix: 2003/04 (29 wins) to 2004/05 (62).

You are arguing BC has done nothing correct which is absurd or refuse to acknowledge he has done anything correct which is juvenille whereas I have acknowledged the guy has made mistakes.

As an aside, the front court of the Wizards is regressing according to Blatche playing 34 minutes, shooting 40% and only averaging 16 points a game. He has also been in the league for 5 seasons now. McGee has not blossomed this year as anticipated. Don't take my word for it though:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17904

http://www.csnwashington.com/11/13/1...057&feedID=273

*EDIT* I should point out OKC would be the best case scenario. In the above I do not think this came through. The point is, they spent 2 years trying to win with non-franchise players (Lewis and Allen) missing the playoffs and being well below .500, three seasons at the bottom of the league, and 5 years after the last post season birth they are in 8th place last year and 8th again this year. Using this case of a 'good' rebuild, the Raptors still have 3 more seasons to even make the playoffs before anyone can start comparing the two teams in their rebuilding efforts.
                  Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Nov 16, 2010, 10:08 AM.

Comment

^^^ He's had 2 seasons to turn it around already and failed miserably,how long does he get to live off awards he won with a different organization over 6 years ago ?

Comment

Did you notice similarities between 04-05 and 06-07 ?
                      Is it a coincidence he had one big jump in those years and then flatlined after and regressed...
                      They were bad in 03-04 because Amare was hurt most of the 2nd half of the season,and as noted he had a ton of cap room plus a healthy lineup which is why they came back the folloswing season...Your touting circumstances to be skill...Again you can see the similarities in both situations....he jumps in has cap space and obviously has that one big come back season coming off a bad one BUT was never able to follow it up and got stuck in a series of bad moves that lead to changing rosters each season....

The fact ur shytting on OKC shows how dumb you are,thats exactly how a rebuild is done properly an upcoming team built around athleticism and the draft....PS Blatche >>>> bargs

Comment

If you ever wonder why people often don't seem to respect your opinion, there's a big clue below...
                        Trife76 wrote: View Post
                        The fact ur shytting on OKC shows how dumb you are,thats exactly how a rebuild is done properly an upcoming team built around athleticism and the draft....PS Blatche >>>> bargs
                        I would love to see people give opinions on this forum without resorting to this. And just to let you know, when you talk to someone like that, you don't look any better.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Did you notice similarities between 04-05 and 06-07 ?
                          Is it a coincidence he had one big jump in those years and then flatlined after and regressed...
                          They were bad in 03-04 because Amare was hurt most of the 2nd half of the season,and as noted he had a ton of cap room plus a healthy lineup which is why they came back the folloswing season...Your touting circumstances to be skill...Again you can see the similarities in both situations....he jumps in has cap space and obviously has that one big come back season coming off a bad one BUT was never able to follow it up and got stuck in a series of bad moves that lead to changing rosters each season....

By the end of 2006-07 BC was gone from PHX. The new GM, Steve Kerr, did a total overhaul that failed miserably with the pushing of the owner. Sarver threw away first round draft picks year after year because he did not want to pay guaranteed money - this is a well known fact and was one of the major reasons BC left PHX.

If Colangelo is such a failure and Amar'e was so important, why when he only played 3 games in 2005-06 did the Suns still manage to win 54 games? In the West at that. That of course was sandwiched by 62 and 61 win seasons. I guess losing one of your franchise players for 79 games and still winning 54 and coming back to win 61 is what goes for regression in your books.

Actually, I'm not 'shytting' on OKC. If you read what I wrote you'll see SEA/OKC spent two years trying to win with Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis following their 2004-05 playoff appearance. They then spent 4 years in the draft getting #10 in 2006, #2 and #5 in 2007, #4 in 2008, and #3 in 2009. After drafting Jeff Green and KEVIN DURANT they still LOST 11 more games than the previous season. It took them 5 YEARS to make the playoffs again as an 8th SEED. This year they are still 8th in the conference 10 games in. There is no 'shytting', this is what adults call facts.

I love how you told me how a team is rebuilt: around athleticism and the draft.

2009 - DD
                          2010 - ED and Alabi
                          2011 - 2 1st round picks

Athleticism: DD, ED, Weems, Amir, Barbosa, Wright. It is a good start.

Who brought up Blatche compared to Bargnani? Stick with the facts and quit spinning other nonsense to show your lack of intelligence on anything basketball related.

Is it just me or do the writing styles, hatred of BC, and idiocy of *****=Trife=Legalize closely resemble one another? I'm sure someone no one would have 3 handles for a Raptors blog.

I'm personally done with your posts. Feel free to respond with any insult you please. Your arguments once debated are weak, your insults tiring, your skirting of the subject sad, hatred of BC obvious, and inability to respond to any rational argument laughable.

EDIT: The above 5 *'s should be the short hand version of shaking my head (***).
                          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Nov 16, 2010, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            If you ever wonder why people often don't seem to respect your opinion, there's a big clue below...

I would love to see people give opinions on this forum without resorting to this. And just to let you know, when you talk to someone like that, you don't look any better.
                            Stop ur crying please...nobody cares what you think "looks" better.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              By the end of 2006-07 BC was gone from PHX. The new GM, Steve Kerr, did a total overhaul that failed miserably with the pushing of the owner. Sarver threw away first round draft picks year after year because he did not want to pay guaranteed money - this is a well known fact and was one of the major reasons BC left PHX.

If Colangelo is such a failure and Amar'e was so important, why when he only played 3 games in 2005-06 did the Suns still manage to win 54 games? In the West at that. That of course was sandwiched by 62 and 61 win seasons. I guess losing one of your franchise players for 79 games and still winning 54 and coming back to win 61 is what goes for regression in your books.

Actually, I'm not 'shytting' on OKC. If you read what I wrote you'll see SEA/OKC spent two years trying to win with Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis following their 2004-05 playoff appearance. They then spent 4 years in the draft getting #10 in 2006, #2 and #5 in 2007, #4 in 2008, and #3 in 2009. After drafting Jeff Green and KEVIN DURANT they still LOST 11 more games than the previous season. It took them 5 YEARS to make the playoffs again as an 8th SEED. This year they are still 8th in the conference 10 games in. There is no 'shytting', this is what adults call facts.

I love how you told me how a team is rebuilt: around athleticism and the draft.

2009 - DD
                              2010 - ED and Alabi
                              2011 - 2 1st round picks

Athleticism: DD, ED, Weems, Amir, Barbosa, Wright. It is a good start.

Who brought up Blatche compared to Bargnani? Stick with the facts and quit spinning other nonsense to show your lack of intelligence on anything basketball related.

Is it just me or do the writing styles, hatred of BC, and idiocy of *****=Trife=Legalize closely resemble one another? I'm sure someone no one would have 3 handles for a Raptors blog.

I'm personally done with your posts. Feel free to respond with any insult you please. Your arguments once debated are weak, your insults tiring, your skirting of the subject sad, hatred of BC obvious, and inability to respond to any rational argument laughable.
                              You have no clue what facts are tho....Link as many hoopsworld articles as you want..facts are this team has been a failure under BC's reign just like Phoenix was....all these parrot talk points dont amount to squat,the numbers do not lie and they do not co sign ur argument...

Comment

Stop ur crying please...nobody cares what you think "looks" better.
                                Thanks for making my point.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X