BC looking like a legit architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trife76 wrote: View Post
    What BC did in his first year really bares no relevancy in the year 2010...if you judge him on his collective work in T.O. its without a doubt a failing grade on all levels....performance,personnel moves,results, and ability to re tool/turnover the roster...Its much easier to make a list of the things he has done properly...
    Your talking about a league where within the last 20 years, the title has only been won by a handful of teams. But its probably easier then it looks.

Comment

lol @ trying to force credit in the Turk signing...At best Turk wasnt going to make this team a contender so you then tied up cap in an aging SF who sucks defensively to be a 7-8 seed ? FAIL my dude lol

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
        Your talking about a league where within the last 20 years, the title has only been won by a handful of teams. But its probably easier then it looks.
        Cant win a title if you dont make the playoffs and we havent been doing that 3/5 years BC been here.....

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          and why not?! I mean take a look at the current roster and their record, they are not going to win +40 games, get to .500, or even the playoff so how can I not be a judge on Colangelo this season?!
          Exactly - they are going through a bonafide rebuild. Look at their roster, future contract obligations, draft picks, flexibility combined with the progress being shown by the current team.

Also, it is really unfortunate that CHA trade was killed last second by MJ. However, he probably did the franchise a favour in the long run allowing younger players to develop and ensure a higher draft pick this year. This is a total rebuild and one great draft pick and free agent or trade signing is really all this team needs to truly compete. The bench and role players are there - they just need go to players.

Comment

lol @ trying to force credit in the Turk signing...At best Turk wasnt going to make this team a contender so you then tied up cap in an aging SF who sucks defensively to be a 7-8 seed ? FAIL my dude lol
            Hindsight.

Turk is now Barbosa and PHX's problem.

You are right though, I'm going to stop defending a 2 time Executive of the Year. His record speaks for itself and your immaturity in debating and obvious hatred of Colangelo is tiring.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Exactly - they are going through a bonafide rebuild. Look at their roster, future contract obligations, draft picks, flexibility combined with the progress being shown by the current team.

Also, it is really unfortunate that CHA trade was killed last second by MJ. However, he probably did the franchise a favour in the long run allowing younger players to develop and ensure a higher draft pick this year. This is a total rebuild and one great draft pick and free agent or trade signing is really all this team needs to truly compete. The bench and role players are there - they just need go to players.
              Honestly man you live in bizarro world...where Raps fans think the last 3 years of failure were done on purpose...this isnt a proper rebuild at all..its a collection of pieces BC is forced to play with and take the L cuz he has no space to maneuver...
              Proper rebuild with a bunch of bench players and stiffs you got off the scrap heap ? lol

If the Raps get 1 of the top 3 picks this year it would be great BUT it doesnt mean were a legit team...it means the process to getting there MIGHT be shorter...this team is several players away from even getting back into the playoffs let alone contending.

This is basically a rebuild due to failures of the last few seasons and nowhere else to go...even BC by his own admission says this team can get in the playoffs this year,he is not trying to rebuild this team on purpose he just has no choice he gotta eat his mess....

It wont be a proper rebuuild til you move one of the PGs preferably Calderon and try doing the same with Bargs....you cant rebuild with pieces from the past losing carcass still playing prominent roles....

Comment

Hindsight.

Turk is now Barbosa and PHX's problem.

You are right though, I'm going to stop defending a 2 time Executive of the Year. His record speaks for itself and your immaturity in debating and obvious hatred of Colangelo is tiring.
                Nah ur tired cuz you have no facts to go on...1 of those awards wasnt HERE btw lol
                Since that flukey first year (which bared nothing) what has he accomplished ?
                Its not hate its calling the situation what it is...He has failed back to back seasons when he had the resources to re make the entire roster TWICE and still couldnt get it right....nwo hes forced to eat this year and you call it a "proper rebuild"

I think you need to take BC's dikk out of ur mouth already...He hasnt accomplished ANYTHING here...

Comment

He was GM of the year his very first year, that speaks for itself. What would you of done differently? I would really like to know that answer.
                  umm not trade 1st round pick for j.o, then trade another 1st round pick to get rid of j.o ??
                  how bout signing or drafting just ONE WING PLAYER WHO CAN DEFEND ??
                  how bout not signing kleiza and letting DD, weems and any future wings to actually develop ?

was it really necessary to sign bargs to a 5 year $50 million deal ? he was a RFA, we could have seen what other teams would have offered the following summer and gone from there...

forget having a decent center, name the last team to win a championship without a SF that can defend ?

finally he could have been the bigger man and even though bosh left, he didnt have to act like a bitch and say shit behind bosh's back...

i highly doubt any respectable nba gm would do that... it shows more class to just say hey we wish him the best and move on... you dont offer a guy max money and then when he doesnt take it say, yea he checked out after the all-star game...

maybe dont draft a PF when your franchise player is a PF... and then 4 years later make the same mistake again...

just my thoughts... im sure you dont agree...

Comment

Honestly man you live in bizarro world...where Raps fans think the last 3 years of failure were done on purpose...this isnt a proper rebuild at all..its a collection of pieces BC is forced to play with and take the L cuz he has no space to maneuver...
                    Proper rebuild with a bunch of bench players and stiffs you got off the scrap heap ? lol

If the Raps get 1 of the top 3 picks this year it would be great BUT it doesnt mean were a legit team...it means the process to getting there MIGHT be shorter...this team is several players away from even getting back into the playoffs let alone contending.

This is basically a rebuild due to failures of the last few seasons and nowhere else to go...even BC by his own admission says this team can get in the playoffs this year,he is not trying to rebuild this team on purpose he just has no choice he gotta eat his mess....

It wont be a proper rebuuild til you move one of the PGs preferably Calderon and try doing the same with Bargs....you cant rebuild with pieces from the past losing carcass still playing prominent roles....
                    Minus the first line, not a bad response and worth responding to. This is how rational people debate - and I really do not mean that with any indiginity.

This is a proper rebuild because the guy the team has been forced to build around has left to play with his buddies on the beach.

The stiffs and bench players are exactly what a successful team needs. Look at the roster -

Jack and Calderon are great back up PG's,
                    DeRozan is a player with a lot of potential which he hopefully uses,
                    Weems another great developing player and appears to be a guy who would be a great player off the bench,
                    Kleiza great guy off the bench,
                    Barbosa great guy off the bench and former 6th man of the year,
                    Johnson great energy off the bench especially last couple of games,
                    Davis could be a great 4 in the league,
                    Alabi a project,
                    Dorsey a player who knows his role and does it well,
                    Bargnani is a great 3rd or 4th option on O who needs a defensive minded C to play with and who has many weaknesses - he is not a franchise player but he is on a reasonable contract considering many others in the league,

Evans, Anderson, Wright, Banks, possibly Barbosa all expiring.

Throw in a couple of 1st round picks next year - hopefully at least one is a future star.

Throw in a Jeff Green on the wing or Marc Gasol in the post.

Throw in whatever the TPE returns - if anything - and this team could be a competitor.

I'm wondering what you would expect the GM to say? "yeah, we're gonna suck." The guy has to sell tickets (supposedly much less than previous years though) and what message would that send the team?

BC has already had a deal in place to move Calderon. It is quite obvious one of the PG's will be gone if at all possible and the return is worth it - Diaw/Chandler/Barbosa for Turk/Calderon/Evans would have been a great trade for the Raptors in terms of competitiveness and future flexibility.

We'll have to see what unfolds. The team is obviously in transition with a good core already in place.

In terms of future prospects, which team would you rather be a fan of going forward: DET, MEM, PHI, NJ, CLE, CHA, LAC, MIN, or TOR? I'd take TOR over all of them.

Comment

Nah ur tired cuz you have no facts to go on...1 of those awards wasnt HERE btw lol
                      Since that flukey first year (which bared nothing) what has he accomplished ?
                      Its not hate its calling the situation what it is...He has failed back to back seasons when he had the resources to re make the entire roster TWICE and still couldnt get it right....nwo hes forced to eat this year and you call it a "proper rebuild"

I think you need to take BC's dikk out of ur mouth already...He hasnt accomplished ANYTHING here...
                      Real classy.

Comment

Its understandable if you are for or against BC, both sides of the plate have reasonable agruments. Going into this year people have been holding a torch to BC, Triano, and Bargnani. I know the Raps are 2-8, but if you were to say that this team ins't exciting, improving by the game, and showing serious potential, then I don't think you have been watching the Raps of the past-present enough to make that assessment. I'll admit that I had serious doubts about BC's capabilities coming into the season, Triano's inability to hold guys accountable, and Barg's soft rebounding. But at the moment, I am seeing a completely different picture, and three of the guys I mentioned are garnering my respect. Credit Derozan, Weems, Amir, Jack and Dorsey for sticking around Toronto this summer to set this team some sort of bar.
                        why iz your level of success just for the team to be exciting ? do you think the celtics or lakers go into each season thinking hey fruk the record, lets just go out and make each game exciting ?

did you even think sometimes the other team takes it easy knowing they're playing trash ??

thats why sometimes the lakers and celtics will lose to the warriors or t'wolves... not because the shit team played better, but mainly b/c the good team took the nite off...

dont confuse a close game that we lost as a measure of how good this team is....
                        Last edited by Legalize-It; Mon Nov 15, 2010, 07:59 PM.

Comment

The idea that any GM could have done what he did in the first year is also a joke. Parker was out of the league for years and Garbo had never been here - there is 2 of your starters right there from 'the freebie' year. I don't remember those guys starring the final four. I don't remember them ever hitting the HoopsHype.com rumour section about contenders vying for their services.

Who do you think wanted to build around Bosh? MLSE or BC? Bosh is nothing like any other player BC has traded for or drafted - minus J. O'Neal. You work with what you are given.

I provided the link to his GM career. Break it down. Your last line is weak - back it up.
                          we won the division !!!

did you check the rosters of the teams in our division that year ??

knicks - isiah thomas primetime years
                          celtics - pre big 3
                          76ers - AI left that year, iggy was still young
                          nets - vc, kidd, and RJ all missed a significant amount of games with injuries

so what are you so proud of that we won the division that year ??

Comment

hahah cant you say that about any lottery team ? but yea ur rite, bc should get credit for maintaining a good bench !!

also... bc TRADED FOR tj ford... good evaluator of character there... if it werent for babcock who signed jose, TJ would be our man probably with a 5 year deal worth 50 million which we would still be paying

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
                              we won the division !!!

did you check the rosters of the teams in our division that year ??

knicks - isiah thomas primetime years
                              celtics - pre big 3
                              76ers - AI left that year, iggy was still young
                              nets - vc, kidd, and RJ all missed a significant amount of games with injuries

so what are you so proud of that we won the division that year ??
                              Not so much they won the division, you are right that was a weak division. But it was tied for the best record the franchise has ever had. BC has had more wins in his 4 years here than any other 4 year span in Raptors history. Here is their season records over the history of the franchise:

http://www.nbauniverse.com/teams/rec...to_raptors.htm

The last 2 years have been wasted building around Bosh after it became clear he was no franchise player. The bottom line is *cough*Brian has a large member*cough* now that Bosh is gone and given BC's abilities, it will be interesting to see what happens with the team. I hope he gets this season and next to get it together. After that if the team is still trying to 'rebuild' adios BC.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                and why not?! I mean take a look at the current roster and their record, they are not going to win +40 games, get to .500, or even the playoff so how can I not be a judge on Colangelo this season?!
                                This roster obviously isn't built to win now. It's meant to develop young talent, get a high draft pick and build for the future. The Raptors don't have a ton of talent, but they've put together some nice young pieces that could either develop into pretty good players, or be used in trades. If you want to say he's failed because of what has transpired over the previous 4 years, then that's fine, but this year you can't judge the team on it's record.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X