Raps Gonna Get Iverson by Half TIme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps Gonna Get Iverson by Half TIme

So AI is playing in Turkey (or should be playing ...he is physically there..but..)

My bet is if the Raps are losing bad by December/Jan, AI will be making his way into a dinos jersey. He has negotiated numerous escape clauses in his contract that could facilitate this.

What do you think? Personally, if we are going to have a losing season, I wouldn't mind getting to see AI do his thang each night, as long as he shared some touches with our young guyz. May have some serious emotional baggage though.

What do you think?

Has Iverson ever shared touches with anyone? In his prime there were few players who were as entertaining to watch as Iverson was. But those years are past and he is no longer the Answer to any question the Raptors have. There is a reason why every team passed on him for more then the Veteran's minimum. The way he left acted in Memphis about coming off the bench, and his poor play for the 76ers really lowered his status in the league. Only reason Philadelphia brought him back last year was for ticket revenue...and that is not a good enough reason in my opinion to risk hindering the development of our young players.
    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
      So AI is playing in Turkey (or should be playing ...he is physically there..but..)

My bet is if the Raps are losing bad by December/Jan, AI will be making his way into a dinos jersey. He has negotiated numerous escape clauses in his contract that could facilitate this.

What do you think? Personally, if we are going to have a losing season, I wouldn't mind getting to see AI do his thang each night, as long as he shared some touches with our young guyz. May have some serious emotional baggage though.

What do you think?
      I'll take you up on that bet. There's no way any NBA team touches Iverson. He's just not the same guy anymore - and it showed last season. There's no way Colangelo takes a flyer on AI.
      I don't think he has an escape clause for during the season.

Comment

i'm wildly against spending any money on these veterans. be it AI or dampier, what's the point? are we going to make the playoffs with them? better off developing the young talent we have for the future.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I dunno which is lamer, this thread or the one where BC is an awesome architect. Iverson will never be touched and we should simply stay the course.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

What do you think?
            AI doesn't appear to have a lot left in the tank and has shown numerous times an unwillingness to be a role player. There is no chance of him landing in Toronto.

Comment

I hear ya. I got a hunch with all the empty seats in the ACC and with Peddie and BC's heads on the line, they might make some drastic moves to "import" some kind of former big ticket player to maybe perk interest. I personally don't think it is a good idea, but I think it might happen depending on our record. Just please god no dampier.

Comment

I hear ya. I got a hunch with all the empty seats in the ACC and with Peddie and BC's heads on the line, they might make some drastic moves to "import" some kind of former big ticket player to maybe perk interest. I personally don't think it is a good idea, but I think it might happen depending on our record. Just please god no dampier.
                Peddie's head isn't on the line. He's considering stepping down. I don't think MLSE would fire him. If he were going, it would be by his own devices.

I don't think bringing in Iverson would appeal to fans, especially after the first few games when they find out that he's pretty much washed up.

Comment

So far this season that Raptors are actually 11th in home attendance:

NBA Attendance Report - 2011

Oddly enough, in my opinion anyway, they're ranked 4th in road attendance. Seems like American NBA fans respect the team a lot more than the American media.

Comment

I dunno man, last couple games seemed pretty light in the stands. Mind you, Miami's crowd looked pretty sparse on the weekend too.

Must be the new "dynamic ticket pricing" here. You can actually snag lower bowl seats in section 106 for this week vs Houston for less than 100 bux, good seats too.

Comment

I dunno man, last couple games seemed pretty light in the stands. Mind you, Miami's crowd looked pretty sparse on the weekend too.

Must be the new "dynamic ticket pricing" here. You can actually snag lower bowl seats in section 106 for this week vs Houston for less than 100 bux, good seats too.
                      You can probably get a ticket in the Young Onez section!

Raps played Sacramento in their home opener, The Lakers - who are always sold out, the Magic who just opened up their new arena, Miami, whereby tickets are hard to come by and places that are always sold out in the Rose Garden and Energy SOlutions Centre. That probably has a lot to do with them being 4th in attendance.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        You can probably get a ticket in the Young Onez section!

Raps played Sacramento in their home opener, The Lakers - who are always sold out, the Magic who just opened up their new arena, Miami, whereby tickets are hard to come by and places that are always sold out in the Rose Garden and Energy SOlutions Centre. That probably has a lot to do with them being 4th in attendance.
                        Ohh dear god...not the young "onez" section...there was 3 kids there last game planted by MLSE chanting "de mar...de mar demar demar..."....i felt bad for them, they were like the human version of food stamps

Comment

No chance. Just none, no way.

Comment

No. Just no.
                            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

MultiPaul...

you just lost my respects bringing up AI talk

-a silent reader of RR

Comment

Working...
                              X