Alabi sent to D-League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabi sent to D-League

Is the community slipping? I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/alabi_dleague_111510

I'm happy for Alabi as he can actually get some playing time and work on his offense and ball handling.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Raptorsss wrote: View Post

I'm happy for Alabi as he can actually get some playing time and work on his offense and ball handling.
    Regular D-League season begins this week. Some games are on Versus. Will keep an eye or two out for Alabi on Versus.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

another second rounder with no future in this league, anyone got the number of PJ Tucker?!

Comment

I'm actually pretty high on Alabi - it may take him 2-3 more years before he's even an NBA-quality bench player, but he's got the tools. He's reportedly a good, though raw, outside shooter and we know he was drafted for defense and rebounding. In a few years he may be a great fit alongside Ed Davis' post game. Some D-League time is exactly what he needs right now.

Comment

Hey wasn't PJ Tucker like a league MVP for Maccabi a year or two back? Unlike Tucker, Jawai, etc - who were fringe talents who were terribly undersized - Alabi has the physical stature and seemingly a decent talent base to make a NBA roster....
          When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
            another second rounder with no future in this league, anyone got the number of PJ Tucker?!
            Just out of interest, why do you say that?
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Alabi should go on a bulk-up diet. He needs a bit of meat on his bones (and keep it) to be able to push some centres around.

Comment

Alabi is a decent prospect and don't underexploited the importance of second rounders. Just look at how Mr. Millsap has torn it up. Alabi is raw but there is a boat load of potential there if he is given some time to develop. He has all the physical tools to be very good defensive center and if he can improve his awareness he will be a very good player for us. .
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post

There is a thread that deals with it. Gotta dig for it though, especially after the amount of Derozan and Bargnani threads..or Dampier to Toronto threads.

Alabi to the D-League is the right thing to do. He needs regular playing time and he's not getting it here.

Comment

Hey, he's like Thabeet without wasting a high lottery pick!! Even better, he can shoot the ball. Remember that Alabi was likely to be picked in the early-mid 20's before people were scared off by his Hepatitis. Then again, a 2nd round pick hasn't ever been a good player in this league... oh wait... we have to look all the way back to DeJuan Blair to find a great 2nd rounder that dropped due to injury concerns. Lets be hopeful and give the kid a break.

Comment

i've heard it said that big men don't mature until 28-29 years-old. He needs time. he's only been playing competitively for 4 or 5 years now.

Comment

People who want to watch him can watch all the Dleague game here...

http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/dleague_webcasts.html

for free.

Comment

I only wish the best for Alabi. He has a great story. Hopefully some playing time in the D-league will hasten his development and we will see him blossom in a few years.
                          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

He can definitely bring something to the table. If Hibbert can be considered good after a few seasons of working on his game, so can Alabi. Alabi is now, how Hibbert when he was drafted. A guy who was big. I trust in Alabi

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                              He can definitely bring something to the table. If Hibbert can be considered good after a few seasons of working on his game, so can Alabi. Alabi is now, how Hibbert when he was drafted. A guy who was big. I trust in Alabi
                              Alabi is much more raw then Hibbert was when he was drafted.

Comment

Working...
                              X