Thread: What is wrong with Triano? His substitutions tonight were horrible.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is wrong with Triano? His substitutions tonight were horrible.

ok we played really badly against washington tonight, bargniani looked horrible, when somebody plays defense that badly there need to be some consequences. He wasn't a positive on offence sit him down. Sunny Weems had what 14 points at the half shooting a high percentage, what does triano do, he sits him the whole fourth quarter. What kind of message is this sending to the players. Play well and sit, play horrible and we'll keep you out there. Somebody needs to sit triano down and set him straight or get rid of him. I had high hopes for triano as a coach but he really has done a horrible job this year. Another thing that triano does is he is really late in letting the bench guys play when the game is out of hand. It's a sign of a bad coach....Coach K if your out there somewhere you gotta call up triano and give him some good advice. He needs it.
    Rob

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand what he is trying to do with some of the rotations. I don't have access to the coaches tape but from what my basketball knowledge tells me wright should be playing more, banks should be playing more and as long as sonny is playing within the offensive sets he should be playing more.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is an excellent post, I agree with everything.

He benched weems too much. Weems was hot, and when you bench him there is a limited chance of (when he comes back on) him being hot again. Its terrible coaching. I often wonder why he does not get as much slack as mitchell. Mitchell acknowledged that his team could not play D, so we scored tons of points. I dont know, it seems his efforts are futile. I can understand the bad d, i mean, this team has 1 or 2 defensive bigs (if that) and nothing else. We have athleticism in the wings, but yet never find a way to use it to its full extent.

Verdict: Not trianos fault is becoming a bad excuse.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    This is an excellent post, I agree with everything.

He benched weems too much. Weems was hot, and when you bench him there is a limited chance of (when he comes back on) him being hot again. Its terrible coaching. I often wonder why he does not get as much slack as mitchell. Mitchell acknowledged that his team could not play D, so we scored tons of points. I dont know, it seems his efforts are futile. I can understand the bad d, i mean, this team has 1 or 2 defensive bigs (if that) and nothing else. We have athleticism in the wings, but yet never find a way to use it to its full extent.

Verdict: Not trianos fault is becoming a bad excuse.
    Weems was a minus 16
    Bargnani was a minus 17
    Evans was a minus 22

DeRozan was the only other Raptors starter and player with a minus in double figures. He was a minus 10

Clearly playing Evans, Weems and Bargnani together did not work tonight

Has the Doug Smith lineup ever worked?

Not very often.

The Cavs must be scratching their heads. Actually Kleiza started in that game.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Nov 16th, 2010 at 10:09 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default +/- doesn't tell the whole story

I know that lineup with Evans, Sonny Weems, De Rosan and Bargniani didn't work. If you look at which player killed us it was Blatch. The guy shoot 70% for the game. Bargniani was clearly the weakest link, when he wasn't in there, the defence played much better. Also I noticed that Bargniani was a momentum killer, he was taken forced contested shots and just killed any runs that the raptors would start. Sonny Weems who was he guarding? I saw De Rosan on Arenas in the 2nd half, Arenas was killing him, I didn't see whomever Sonny Weems was guarding scoring too much. He clearly is better at defence than De Rosan. Leave sonny out there with Amir Johnson, Wright and Calderon. That is our best 4 together in my opinion. At least Sonny can play decent defense, create his own shots and shoot a high percentage
    Rob

Raptors Republic Rookie OntheGo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like