Raptors At Wiz By The Numbers - Tuesday November 16, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors At Wiz By The Numbers - Tuesday November 16, 2010

22 - The number of points that the Raptors were outscored by with Reggie on the floor
    18 - The number of minutes that Reggie was on the floor
    17 - The number of points that the Raptors were outscored by with Bargnani on the floor
    16 - The number of points that Weems scored
    16 - The number of points that the Raptors were outscored by with Weems on the floor
    15 - The number of points that the Raptors lost the game by.
    14 - The average number of points that the Raptors have been outscored by per game over the last seven games with Reggie on the court
    07 - The number of consecutive games that the Raptors have been outscored during the time that Reggie has been on the floor -
    05 - The number of assists that Jacks had in 31 minutes
    00 - The number of turnovers that Jack had in 31 minutes
    .562 - The Wiz FG% for the game
    .407 - The Raptors FG% for the game
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Nov 16, 2010, 11:31 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

How do u make a forum

Comment

Go to "Everything Raptors" assuming that what you want to post is about the Raptors and then click on "Post New Thread"

Enter a title and then fill in the form with whatever you want to post about related to the title you entered.

Don't forget to click the "Post" button like you would would any post that you make.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        22 - The number of points that the Raptors were outscored by with Reggie on the floor
        17 - The number of points that the Raptors were outscored by with Bargnani on the floor
        16 - The number of points that the Raptors were outscored by with Weems on the floor
        14 - The average number of points that the Raptors have been outscored by per game over the last seven games with Reggie on the court
        07 - The number of consecutive games that the Raptors have been outscored during the time that Reggie has been on the floor -
        I'm wondering what these assistants are putting in their clipboards as they sit idly behind Jay. Are they doodling during long stretches of the game? Are they making plans to what restaurant to go to after the game? Are they checking to see if their regular bouncer will be at the door at their favourite titty bar? OR are they drawing titties during the game? The cameras are often panning by and you see these assistants frantically writing something down. I mean, what you posted here should be the information they write down.

Has there ever been a moment in sports history where A PLAYER'S DIMINISHED SKILLS is replaced by another player in the same team in the most obvious way. I mean Arenas is not a great defender but he has McGee behind him. I can name countless other basketball players that have this kind of backup. However in the Raptors' case, has there ever been a player in NBA history that had his own NBA rebounds assistant? Is it just me or is this incredibly comical?

Why is Bargnani, given a red carpet treatment completely equipped with a rebounding assistant such a welcome sight in Toronto? Did Jose Bautista have a "throwing and fielding assistant" so that he can focus himself squarely on hitting those homeruns? Has it ever occurred to people that the team is no longer working as hard as they need to be because the poster child for this franchise is an absolute tool (please, Orlando was an aberration)? The reason Evans is playing at this rate (playing time) is not as boggling as you think when you really look at him as being Bargnani's rebounding assistant! Why is this acceptable when it is costing this team wins?
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
          I'm wondering what these assistants are putting in their clipboards as they sit idly behind Jay. Are they doodling during long stretches of the game? Are they making plans to what restaurant to go to after the game? Are they checking to see if their regular bouncer will be at the door at their favourite titty bar? OR are they drawing titties during the game? The cameras are often panning by and you see these assistants frantically writing something down. I mean, what you posted here should be the information they write down.

Has there ever been a moment in sports history where A PLAYER'S DIMINISHED SKILLS is replaced by another player in the same team in the most obvious way. I mean Arenas is not a great defender but he has McGee behind him. I can name countless other basketball players that have this kind of backup. However in the Raptors' case, has there ever been a player in NBA history that had his own NBA rebounds assistant? Is it just me or is this incredibly comical?

Why is Bargnani, given a red carpet treatment completely equipped with a rebounding assistant such a welcome sight in Toronto? Did Jose Bautista have a "throwing and fielding assistant" so that he can focus himself squarely on hitting those homeruns? Has it ever occurred to people that the team is no longer working as hard as they need to be because the poster child for this franchise is an absolute tool (please, Orlando was an aberration)? The reason Evans is playing at this rate (playing time) is not as boggling as you think when you really look at him as being Bargnani's rebounding assistant! Why is this acceptable when it is costing this team wins?
          Your post is funny.

Bargnani's rebounding assistant concept is garbage.

I already showed that on another thread FG% is more important to winning than rebounding.

Maybe Bargnani is told to leave all the rebounding to Reggie when Reggie plays

Bargnani grabbed nine rebounds that is correct, nine rebounds vs Miami when Reggie was out.

Mabye if Reggie didn't play with Bargnani, Bargnani would get more involved in playing a complete game.

P.S. Tiger Woods has an assistant, okay caddy.

Comment

Your post is funny.

Bargnani's rebounding assistant concept is garbage.

I already showed that on another thread FG% is more important to winning than rebounding.

Maybe Bargnani is told to leave all the rebounding to Reggie when Reggie plays

Bargnani grabbed nine rebounds that is correct, nine rebounds vs Miami when Reggie was out.

Mabye if Reggie didn't play with Bargnani, Bargnani would get more involved in playing a complete game.

P.S. Tiger Woods has an assistant, okay caddy.
            +++1

Comment

C'mon Buddah, everybody looked bad last night. You can't be taking +/- stats from one game and state them as being significant. Just because Weems scored 16 and was a -16 means nothing at all.

I've never had a HUGE problem with Bargnani's rebounding except when he gives up offensive boards in the fourth quarter, his lack of awareness and communication on defense, and general effort-level is much more concerning. Don't get me wrong, his rebounding hurts the team too, just not as badly as the other stuff.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                C'mon Buddah, everybody looked bad last night. You can't be taking +/- stats from one game and state them as being significant. Just because Weems scored 16 and was a -16 means nothing at all.

I've never had a HUGE problem with Bargnani's rebounding except when he gives up offensive boards in the fourth quarter, his lack of awareness and communication on defense, and general effort-level is much more concerning. Don't get me wrong, his rebounding hurts the team too, just not as badly as the other stuff.
                You are correct, one game doesn't mean much, however, seven in a row by 14 points a game. I think that there might be a pattern there and it ain't good.

Comment

Reggie has the worst +/- on the team if I am not wrong... But Evans is too much of a liability. His defense is not good, it's better than Bargnani's but not good. And his offense is terrible. Amir should really be starting with Dorsey coming off the bench...

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                    Reggie has the worst +/- on the team if I am not wrong... But Evans is too much of a liability. His defense is not good, it's better than Bargnani's but not good. And his offense is terrible. Amir should really be starting with Dorsey coming off the bench...
                    I think that that Triano is making three big mistakes with Bargnani and I really wonder how much of this has to do with input from Carlesimo, whose teams were never shooting and scoring powerhouses.

1. He is expecting Bargnani to be as effective a shooter with Reggie playing next to him as when Bosh did. That is the height of insanity. When Bosh was here Bargnani was often left open for an uncontested shot because Bosh was being double teamed. With Reggie playing on the court with him Bargnani now finds himself guarded a lot more closely and sometimes even double teamed.

Now I am not saying that Bargnani needs to have a Bosh to be effective on offense. What I am saying is that maybe Bargnani is not very effective scoring when he is double teamed and the solution to Bargnani's shooting woes is to put four other players on the court with him who can score at least in double figures on any given night.

2. Bargnani needs a "Rebounding Assistant". This is BS, straight up. What the Raptors need and Bargnani needs is to have four other players on the court with him who at least are a scoring threat.

3. That Bargnani doesn't need a good weak side defender playing along with him in the front court.. Bargnani can not play team defense, however he can rebound when there is no "Rebounding Assistant" out there with him. What he needs out there with him is "Weak Side Helper" in the front court.

What the Raptors are doing with their interior defense is setting it up to get the rebound rather than stopping the other team from scoring. Bargnani's Rebounding Assistant cannot play defense good enough to be the "Weak Side Helper" that Bargnani and the Raptors need.

Mabye Davis will be that "Weak Side Helper" that Bargnani needs.
                    Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Nov 17, 2010, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Buddah, you forgot one important number - 8 - the number of beers it took to make this game entertaining. I started a drinking game. I took a swig everytime they showed Triano doing his pouty-mouth lip twitch.
                      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                        Buddah, you forgot one important number - 8 - the number of beers it took to make this game entertaining. I started a drinking game. I took a swig everytime they showed Triano doing his pouty-mouth lip twitch.
                        or

8 - The number of tokes it took to make this game entertaining.

To tell the truth I lost count after the first quarter

Comment

I think that that Triano is making three big mistakes with Bargnani and I really wonder how much of this has to do with input from Carlesimo, whose teams were never shooting and scoring powerhouses.

1. He is expecting Bargnani to be as effective a shooter with Reggie playing next to him as when Bosh did. That is the height of insanity. When Bosh was here Bargnani was often left open for an uncontested shot because Bosh was being double teamed. With Reggie playing on the court with him Bargnani now finds himself guarded a lot more closely and sometimes even double teamed.

Now I am not saying that Bargnani needs to have a Bosh to be effective on offense. What I am saying is that maybe Bargnani is not very effective scoring when he is double teamed and the solution to Bargnani's shooting woes is to put four other players on the court with him who can score at least in double figures on any given night.

2. Bargnani needs a "Rebounding Assistant". This is BS, straight up. What the Raptors need and Bargnani needs is to have four other players on the court with him who at least are a scoring threat.

3. That Bargnani doesn't need a good weak side defender playing along with him in the front court.. Bargnani can not play team defense, however he can rebound when there is no "Rebounding Assistant" out there with him. What he needs out there with him is "Weak Side Helper" in the front court.

What the Raptors are doing with their interior defense is setting it up to get the rebound rather than stopping the other team from scoring. Bargnani's Rebounding Assistant cannot play defense good enough to be the "Weak Side Helper" that Bargnani and the Raptors need.

Mabye Davis will be that "Weak Side Helper" that Bargnani needs.
                          Agreed. Putting Reggie next to Bargs is such a horrible idea. Not only is he causing the team to have troubles on offense, especially Andrea, but now it looks like with Reggie on the floor with him he gets lazy and has a "he'll grab the rebound" mentality. I think for now Amir needs to start or at least play more minutes with Bargnani than Reggie, even Dorsey should play more often. And I also think Davis will complement Bargnani's game very well. He was one of the smartest players coming out of the draft this past summer, and his defense is pretty good but what is great is his offense, I love his post game and his left hand hook shot... When he comes back he will definitely get us a couple of wins. He can rebound, score, defend and has a great IQ.

On a semi-unrelated matter, Buddha how do you think Amir will be affected by the return of Ed? I really hope Triano puts Amir ahead of Reggie in the depth chart, or else we are screwed...

Comment

I still think they are planning on moving Reggie soon, probably once Davis is in the line up and can play some significant minutes. Till then they probably want him to continue to start and be the best offensive rebounder in the league since that gives him some value to a contender that could use that rebounding intensity off the bench. I think he's gone from being just an expiring contract to a guy that teams might give up an asset (like a first round pick) for. Still like his energy, but we are not good enough offensively to compensate for him.
                            Any night Bargs shoots below 40% this team will have massive problems because he's the only guy we have that threatens opposing teams. DeRozen and Weems are getting better on offense but we desperately need someone we can put out there who can consistently get 20 efficient points every game. Bargs is proving that he can't be that guy because he is too inconsistent and doesn't seem to want to try.
                            Terrible game in general from this team last night. Only positive is Kleiza looked good off the bench and I think he should stay in our second unit.
                            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

An awful, disgraceful, waste of a game. I'm disgusted by lack of effort. I hope they bring it tonight against PHI.

Comment

Working...
                              X