Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SI.com: Nash the best PG of the decade. Find out who else they gave the nod to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SI.com: Nash the best PG of the decade. Find out who else they gave the nod to...

PG Steve Nash
    Teams in 2000s: Mavericks, Suns
    NBA debut: 1996

Nash was already an All-NBA point guard with the Mavericks before he returned to Phoenix (his original NBA home) as a 30-year-old free agent in 2004. Instead of declining, Nash exploited Mike D'Antoni's offense to emerge as a two-time MVP (joining Magic Johnson as the only point guards to win more than one) while becoming the most clever and entertaining player of modern times.
    CLICK HERE to see the rest of the all decade team @ SI.com

All in all I think this was a well thought out list that I really like a lot.

The list was very accurate. I'd even consider throwing in Ray Allen to the reserve list too. From 2000 to 2007 he was one of the best scorers in the league and almost singlehandly took his Bucks and Sonics to the playoffs. Not taking anything away from Melo, but I'd have Allen on that list long before him.

And kudos to Steve. Eventhough he didn't have any championships to show for, he did have two well deserved MVP awards. Definitely one of the best PG of the decade.

Comment

I agree, Ray probably should have received recognition but Tracy McGrady might be the second most prolific scorer of the decade, right after Kobe. Its tough to fit everyone in no doubt. Here's to hoping the Chris Bosh makes the next all decade team!

Comment

Working...
      X