its amazing how teams with players like:

j wall
    b grifiin, e gordon
    tyreke, cousins
    jennings
    rudy gay, oj, m gasol
    favors, lopez

still go through a rebuild...

the raps who have derozan, davis, and weems, think they can just re-tool and be good....

who the fk are we developing this year ?

we still dont even have a young PG or C to develop...

but hey bryan won EOY when he signed back steve nash after trading him away, and nash went on to surprise EVERYONE with an mvp year, and bryan won EOY, so WE MUST NEVER LET BRYAN GO !!
    Last edited by Legalize-It; Thu Nov 18, 2010, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
      its amazing how teams with players like:

j wall
      b grifiin, e gordon
      tyreke, cousins
      jennings
      rudy gay, oj, m gasol
      favors, lopez

still go through a rebuild...

the raps who have derozan, davis, and weems, think they can just re-tool and be good....

who the fk are we developing this year ?

we still dont even have a young PG or C to develop...

but hey bryan won EOY when he signed back steve nash after trading him away, and nash went on to surprise EVERYONE with an mvp year, and bryan won EOY, so WE MUST NEVER LET BRYAN HIM GO !!
      Breh ur hitting em with too much truth.....dont hurt em...

Good point about Nash signing,these bums always celebrate how he signed him and turned that team around..lets not forget he's the one who ruined em to begin with,with dumb drafting euro stiffs (Tsakalidis,Cabarkapa) and trading Kidd for Marbury....

most overrated GM ever !

Comment

Can some one please explain what this term b/c constantly uses in every interview means ?
        "Retooling" is spin for rebuilding. He doesn't want to associate the term "rebuild" with the team because of negative view that people hold to that word. Just like how Obama won't dare use the word "depression" to explain the American economy and instead uses a new age term like "recession".

Comment

He basically waited til he had cap room to sign back Nash and Q Rich and had Amare back healthy that year and the truth is he still FAILED cuz he didnt recognize that team despite all its firepower wasnt a championship team cuz they couldnt play defense,it had no anchor in the middle to beat the sperms.....so at the end of the day he is celebrated for putting together an offensive team that won 50 games a few teams but had no pedigree to win anything in the playoffs cuz they werent built to win when it counted...

FAIL !

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            "Retooling" is spin for rebuilding. He doesn't want to associate the term "rebuild" with the team because of negative view that people hold to that word. Just like how Obama won't dare use the word "depression" to explain the American economy and instead uses a new age term like "recession".
            ok but then he's still not rebuilding...

the man is serious about re-tooling...

you dont try to sign matt barnes, linus kleiza, and trade for diaw if you are really rebuilding...

lets say we signed barnes...

how many minutes would DD and weems lose? and then barnes would be gone in 2 years and we would still be stuck with the same crap...

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
              He basically waited til he had cap room to sign back Nash and Q Rich and had Amare back healthy that year and the truth is he still FAILED cuz he didnt recognize that team despite all its firepower wasnt a championship team cuz they couldnt play defense,it had no anchor in the middle to beat the sperms.....so at the end of the day he is celebrated for putting together an offensive team that won 50 games a few teams but had no pedigree to win anything in the playoffs cuz they werent built to win when it counted...

FAIL !
              i bet if bc traded for elton brand and gilbert arenas (2 contracts NO ONE WANTS) and gave away 1st round picks... some fans would think (11 year old girl's voice... or multipaul) "hey BC is soooo creative !! he swings for the fences!! he's a great GM !!"

Comment

Its going to be a rebuild but not because thats what BC intended it to be....he is just doesnt have any get out of jail cards anymore,that he had in the last 2 seasons...its like a poor mans retooling that will look like a rebuild cuz of the record and sloppiness...

Comment

ok but then he's still not rebuilding...

the man is serious about re-tooling...
                  The dude turned over almost the entire roster. What does he need to do before you would call it a rebuild?

you dont try to sign matt barnes, linus kleiza, and trade for diaw if you are really rebuilding...
                  And why not? A rebuild involves tearing down what is built and building something different. That's what Colangelo did. He tore down what existed and rebuilt something new.

He doesn't want to use the term "rebuild" because that sort of talk leads to lower ticket sales. That's my opinion anyway.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Thu Nov 18, 2010, 10:23 PM.

Comment

he'll use the TPE by february, and take on more bad contracts...

but the team will get close to 35 wins and again get a late lottery pick...

its like when isiah was so desperate he took on jalen rose's contract...

BC will do something like that...

Comment

i bet if bc traded for elton brand and gilbert arenas (2 contracts NO ONE WANTS) and gave away 1st round picks... some fans would think (11 year old girl's voice... or multipaul) "hey BC is soooo creative !! he swings for the fences!! he's a great GM !!"
                      Its always been funny to me about the praise he gets for that situation when ultimately he failed terribly and honestly never got the most out of that nucleus that he should have and would have if he built that team properly instead of just trying to make em an offensive dynamo....he had an all star team in 2005 that team talent wise should have won it all..i mean he had a lineup you never stumble into but they never even got to the finals that year or any other year cuz he doesnt understand that defense and having guys that defend the basket win in the playoffs,all he ever did was patchwork teams together and toss pieces in if they could score,then he got suckered into giving bad deals for Boris Diaw and Raja Bell..then realized he lost his opportunity and left...

YET magically this guy is called a genius and an "architecht" by these dumbass raptor fans....

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        The dude turned over almost the entire roster. What does he need to do before you would call it a rebuild?

And why not? A rebuild involves tearing down what is built and building something different. That's what Colangelo did. He tore down what existed and rebuilt something new.

He doesn't want to use the term "rebuild" because that sort of talk leads to lower ticket sales. That's my opinion anyway.
                        he hasnt torn it down,only pieces of it and then went and put in the same type of losing pieces into the mix that he just got rid of,he been doing that for a few years now in case you havent noticed.....

Comment

You call it a retooling, I'll call it a rebuild and we'll have to agree to disagree. I think Colangelo's words are pure spin. How many retooling projects do you see go from being competitive in most games to getting their ass handed to them 80% of the time? Sounds more like the results of a rebuild to me...

Comment

he'll use the TPE by february, and take on more bad contracts...

but the team will get close to 35 wins and again get a late lottery pick...

its like when isiah was so desperate he took on jalen rose's contract...

BC will do something like that...
                            And you say this because you have a direct link to the future? I think what you mean to say is that you THINK he will do that. Personally, I've seen nothing in Colangelo's past that would give me an indication he will do that.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              And you say this because you have a direct link to the future? I think what you mean to say is that you THINK he will do that. Personally, I've seen nothing in Colangelo's past that would give me an indication he will do that.
                              buddy i can find 10000 posts where you post your opinion and dont say "I THINK"... need some help ? go check out any of your anti-bargs posts and tell me if you have said the words "I think" in any of them...

Comment

There's lots in his past to indicate that he could take another gamble on a big contract. Marbury, Penny and Jermaine O'Neal are three prime examples.

Comment

Working...
                                X