Mo Money! Mo Money! MO MONEY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mo Money! Mo Money! MO MONEY!

Before I start I'll preface it a little by saying yes, it is early in the season, but...

Not just going by the great game he's having tonight, but I think it's pretty clear most of us would like to see Sonny "Money" Weems starting the rest of the way. Let's say he keeps playing well and finishes averaging 14-15 points, how long a contract would you offer him? How much would you dole out? Or should we even keep him?

Considering what BC just signed Amir for, it could put us into some cap trouble in time depending on what he's offered. Should he be on par with Amir's contract?

As of right now and the way I envision the season playing out, I'd likely offer say a 4 year $24 mil contract. Anywhere between 5-6 mil a season would be fine with me. Anything higher I'd be a little iffy, and annything lower I think he'll walk.

What would you do if you were BC?

if he plays decent in april im sure BC will offer him $40 million over 5 years.

this offer will be made as soon as the season ends, just to make sure no other team out bids us.

Comment

I'd be find with 40 million and 5 years if he consistently plays like this for the rest of the season.

Comment

Maybe he pulls a Kris Humphries and offers him something in December for 3 years and $8-9M? For a guy making $850K a year, a guaranteed $9M might be tempting. It doesn't appear that Sonny is the kind of guy looking to get paid and disappear. Plus he is only 24 so a 3 year deal would take him to his prime years for one big contract.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Maybe he pulls a Kris Humphries and offers him something in December for 3 years and $8-9M? For a guy making $850K a year, a guaranteed $9M might be tempting. It doesn't appear that Sonny is the kind of guy looking to get paid and disappear. Plus he is only 24 so a 3 year deal would take him to his prime years for one big contract.
          when was the last time BC signed anyone to less than 5 years and less than 30 million ?

Comment

I think $9 mil is definitely outta the question, especially with the lockout looming. Who knows what'll happen with the new CBA.

Comment

Weems making a case for himself

Over the last 4 games, where Sonny has started, he has averaged 17.5 points per game, 3.25 assists per game, and has brought energy to this team.

After tonight's performance I believe that Sonny has earned his starting spot until he begins playing badly and someone else deserves to start.

Is it because he is in a contract year, or do you think he is now maturing after getting a year of solid playing time which he had never received before?

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                As of right now and the way I envision the season playing out, I'd likely offer say a 4 year $24 mil contract. Anywhere between 5-6 mil a season would be fine with me. Anything higher I'd be a little iffy, and annything lower I think he'll walk.

What would you do if you were BC?
                As of right now I say let him hit the market and see what other teams are offering. The last thing I want to see is Colangelo bidding against himself again like with Jason Kapono and Amir Johnson.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                  I think $9 mil is definitely outta the question, especially with the lockout looming. Who knows what'll happen with the new CBA.
                  3yrs/$9M so $3M a season.

Comment

That sounds more reasonable. I still say let the season play out here before we go throwing around numbers. Anybody can go on a hot streak. Let's see him show long term consistency.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      As of right now I say let him hit the market and see what other teams are offering. The last thing I want to see is Colangelo bidding against himself again like with Jason Kapono and Amir Johnson.
                      Very good point. The risk of course is Paul Millsap/Wesley Matthews situation. If Sonny keeps playing the way he is, he should have plenty of suitors.

Comment

3yrs/$9M so $3M a season.
                        My bad, I just had visions of Calderon when I read $9M!

Comment

Woahh

just saw his stats for today's game...

i am inlove

he is what we need cause its been a while since weve had a player make this much change for the good

4 games is not enough for me to be talking about contracts. This just shows that he has massive potential. Calm it down everyone, I know, we won, its a big deal, but lets breathe. Any time a player plays well or bad we all go to "TRADE" or "CONTRACT". Watch, then make a decision. I dont understand what people are saying here. 4 games and 17 ppg, what contract would you offer him if he did that to the end of the year? Or is it what contract would you offer him now?

RAW
                          Last edited by Red and White; Wed Nov 17, 2010, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            That's true, I guess the one thing we would have is that his best buds are locked up here for a while.

Comment

I'm going to wait 5 games and wait for the thread that says we should buy out his contract and then castrate him because he sucks so bad.
                              Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Working...
                              X