Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mo Money! Mo Money! MO MONEY!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    That's true, I guess the one thing we would have is that his best buds are locked up here for a while.
    That and the Raptors will have the right to match any offer. Not to mention the new CBA is probably going to lower salaries... Unfortunately making Amir Johnson's contract look even worse.

Raptors Republic Rookie Killingjoke's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what the terms will be but he`ll most likely be overpaid and everyone will be up in arms

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Killingjoke wrote: View Post
    Not sure what the terms will be but he`ll most likely be overpaid and everyone will be up in arms
    lol... truer words have never been spoken on this board before

Raptors Republic Rookie philwill's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I completely think he should be re-signed. I do also think that we should offer him a qualifying offer that is reasonable and wait to see what other teams are thinking. I don't want to nickel and dime the most consistent Raptor (well, back into late last season) whom I have been pleading to see more playing time for, but I do think we need a little bit more financial accountability in this organization.

Thankfully BC realized quickly enough that his contract offer for Hedon't was ludicrous -- his abilities being grossly overstated by a complimentary system including an extremely efficient big man to draw doubles to free up space, and to dump the ball into -- and traded him.

Unfortunately, I also have believed that Weems should have been starting for some time now. He should have started this whole season and close to 25% of last season based on his abilities, play, and his upward trend in IQ and hustle.

I also believe that BC made a major mistake in not taking back Michael Beasley (for free) from the Miami Heat in the Chris Bosh deal.

I also stand by Jose Calderon starting as the point guard until his value is high enough to ship him out for a reasonably talented youngster. Jarrett Jack is not the distributor that this starting lineup needs. When I see Bargnani being overlooked in his mid-range sweet spot after an 18 point first half, and the other option is a shitty game of one-on-one leading to a brick or a turnover, then I get pissed. Jose was used as the scapegoat last season, has vastly superior distribution skills and IQ (over Jack), and has actually been mistreated by the organization in some respects. Sure, his lateral shittiness frequently causes matchup trouble, but the fact that the help defense is so shit doesn't help. His AST:TO is excellent, his FG, and 3P% excellent, and his FT% being superior... it really just doesn't make sense to me.

Imagine:

Jose Calderon
    Demar DeRozan
    Sonny Weems
    Michael Beasley
    Andrea Bargnani

Defense? Who gives a fuck, when you have that type of offense? Jarrett Jack isn't any better anyway. Reggie Evans is made of wood.
    It's about money

Raptors Republic Rookie philwill's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention, Jack as a bench PG is decent.

Jarrett Jack
    Leandro Barbosa
    Linas Kleiza
    Amir Johnson
    David Andersen

Seems like a decent bench that we could have had.
    It's about money

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but the bloggers were going for this thing where they wanted to see Bargnani play well consistently for 20 straight games before they would stop calling him Vegetable Lasagna. It's been pretty clear that there is almost no consistency when it comes to VL's play.

Weems has played well for all of 3-4 and now there's a thread devoted to how much BC should offer him in terms of a long term multi-million dollar contract....

Last edited by ebrian; Sat Nov 20th, 2010 at 09:54 PM.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information