Sonny Weems Sit Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonny Weems Sit Down

Great interview. I really hope Weems keeps playing like this and gets a LTO.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu Nov 18, 2010, 08:32 AM.

+1 on the find. Maybe Devlin's best interview. I keep thinking, "we got that guy for NOTHING". I really like his attitude.

Comment

Sonny seems like a stand-up guy. I like that he doesn't have that nasty attitude that so many NBA players have. I don't know about what happens in the offseason with other teams, but I can't imagine too many NBAers going to local pick up games. I really hope that things work out for Sonny; that his game keeps on improving and he earns a starting position and a contract to match his talents at seasons end.
      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Interesting how he talks about getting "just one big" to be inside and rebounding/shot blocking. We know who he's not talking about...

Comment

im really glad weems is playing at this level, but sad to say, he is hindering Demar's development.

Eventhough he is listed as an SF, he's actually a SG in an SFs body. I think he's taking away shots that should be going to Demar, plus, everytime theyre running the break, Demar seems to defer to him when taking the shot. Most of the time, he passes to Sonny and gets him to take the shot.

I think its good they have a big brother relationship, but Demar needs to be his own man and do things on his own.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
            im really glad weems is playing at this level, but sad to say, he is hindering Demar's development.

Eventhough he is listed as an SF, he's actually a SG in an SFs body. I think he's taking away shots that should be going to Demar, plus, everytime theyre running the break, Demar seems to defer to him when taking the shot. Most of the time, he passes to Sonny and gets him to take the shot.

I think its good they have a big brother relationship, but Demar needs to be his own man and do things on his own.
            I don't get it, what's wrong with developing Sonny? Is he a lost cause or something because he happens to be what, 24?

Comment

Nothing's wrong with developing Sonny. But having DeMar defer to him is not good either.

Really, we need to develop both and not overpay to retain Sonny this off-season. Good interview.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                I don't get it, what's wrong with developing Sonny? Is he a lost cause or something because he happens to be what, 24?
                Nothing wrong with developing Weems. But you have to pick either Demar or Sonny. And dont compare them to Lebron and Wade coz when they joined forces theyre pretty much in the peak of their careers, and came to that point because their teams gave them a chance to develop by focusing on them, not both of them at the same time.

It may work developing them at the same time, but id rather go with one than both.

Comment

i prefer sonny.

potential.. developing... blah blah blah.. sonny just seems to give a shit a whole lot more all the time... demar seems to give a shit when there's somebody close enough to high-five him

not hating on demar though... i like him too.... but he does seem to be in search of a daddy on the team a little too much

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    i prefer sonny.

potential.. developing... blah blah blah.. sonny just seems to give a shit a whole lot more all the time... demar seems to give a shit when there's somebody close enough to high-five him

not hating on demar though... i like him too.... but he does seem to be in search of a daddy on the team a little too much
                    agree. until he becomes his own man then im going with sonny. i think everybody knows he's the next guy in line but him (demar). i wouldnt mind him ballhogging a bit as long as he is establishing that he wants to be the cornerstone of this team. he needs at least 12-15 shot for him to make his presence felt, but he doesnt seem to be doing that.

Comment

Why not both? Maybe we should wait until we have a good pg or one of our current pgs steps up? Then we can figure out if weems or DD has to go. The issues we have at the 1 greatly effect both of their effectiveness.

Comment

Working...
                      X