No announcement yet.

Should Raptors Take a Chance on Oden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I'm 99% sure he'll never play a full season, I would probably still take him. I say this because in that 1% chance that he does play a full season, he would be a top 3 C.

Comment

No...no...noo....and noo.

didnt we try this with JO already?

No Oden. No Bynum. No Roy. No Yao. No-body who has ongoing debilitating injuries that make them lose entire season's worth of play.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
        No...no...noo....and noo.

didnt we try this with JO already?

No Oden. No Bynum. No Roy. No Yao. No-body who has ongoing debilitating injuries that make them lose entire season's worth of play.
        We wouldn't be giving up anything for him unlike JO.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          Did you not listen to the news?! the guy hasn't even played a game yet and he's having another surgery.

I really do feel bad for him but 2 years 10 millions?! too much risk....

Comment

He's exactly the kind of player Bargnani needs to play next to. But he's never going to be healthy.

Comment

Dude...we would have to pay him SOMETHING wouldn't we. That is a loss right there. I would rather have Joey Dorsey then Oden. Poor Oden though, he has been injured for how many seasons now? Kid had potential. At least he got famous for sending a pic of his junk.

Comment

His potential IMO justifies the risk of losing 10 million.

Comment

I think you do it, if the price is right. I suspect there will be a bit of a bidding war among teams offering cheap contracts and it might come down to which team Oden WANTS to go to or which team is the most desperate and offers the most money.

Either way, given the way the raps' salary structure is going to shake out over the next 3-4 years, you'd be foolish not to give it a shot (unless the league goes to a hard cap or something after the upcoming negotiations). It may not pan out, but just about every team has bad contracts and he could always be dumped. If there's one thing BC's proven, it's that he can dump his mistakes.

Comment

You're not very good at business then. The cost benefit analysis on Oden reads - DO NOT TOUCH.

Amare had the surgery once on one knee and it wasn't that bad.

Oden has had too many surgeries to justify paying him one cent at his age. His knees have arthritis and he's only going to be big and fat as he's not playing this year. Brandon Roy is going to be on the shelf in about 2 years as well.

No cartridge in knee = no more basketball.

Comment

agentRC4 wrote: View Post
                      You're not very good at business then. The cost benefit analysis on Oden reads - DO NOT TOUCH.

Amare had the surgery once on one knee and it wasn't that bad.

Oden has had too many surgeries to justify paying him one cent at his age. His knees have arthritis and he's only going to be big and fat as he's not playing this year. Brandon Roy is going to be on the shelf in about 2 years as well.

No cartridge in knee = no more basketball.
                      Oden isn't worth $500.000. The insurance on him would be ridiculous alone. Dude hasnt played since like 08-09 era. And then, how many games did he play? Like, I feel sorry for the guy, sincerely sorry for him. But, I don't think our team should sign him at all. I agree with you totally. Likewise B Roy, dude is gonna be done soon enuff.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...ilblazers-oden

Should the Raptors try and sign him once he hits the market?

I personally think that we should offer him a short term deal. We really need to true C and Oden has the potential to one of the best in the league if he can stay healthy.
                        A $2-3m contract over 2 years with a team option is good enough. Such contract will not affect the cap and even if Oden plays in the NBA without injuries, his contract should be max $5m a year.

Comment

A Roy and Durant tandem would of been sick.

Comment

The team that knows him best is taking a pass on him. He would be well advised to shut it down for a couple of years and then see what he can do.

Comment

We already have our own unlucky version of Oden on our team and his name is Ed Davis.

Comment

I'm all for giving a guy a chance but can we pass on this one, please??
                                Audley
                                The NBA Breakdown - For Hoops Talk, The Way It Should Be!

Comment

Working...
                                X