Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Opposing Teams Think Bargs is "The Man"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Opposing Teams Think Bargs is "The Man"

Courtesy of Doug Collins, a vaunted coach and well respected basketball analyst:

"[Bargnani] is a tough matchup," said Collins. "There was no question he was a tough matchup. He is a 7-footer who can shoot, he can put the ball on the floor, he can post. On a critical play of the game, they went to him and he scored."

Other teams and their coaches realize it. Time for all you haters to shut up and face the truth:

Bargs is the man

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We all know he can score, it's the defense and rebounding that he needs to improve. I don't get how you don't see this...
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Opposing coaches gameplan against Bargs now, he is seen as our primary weapon and as an all star caliber player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Opposing coaches gameplan against Bargs now, he is seen as our primary weapon and as an all star caliber player.
    Are you blind or just plain ignorant?? Mack just said Barney's problem is not with scoring, is his pathetic approach to rebounding that is stoping him from becoming an all star, do you get it? or let me capitalized that for you.

HE SUCKS AT REBOUNDING THE DAMN BALL!

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Courtesy of Doug Collins, a vaunted coach and well respected basketball analyst:

"[Bargnani] is a tough matchup," said Collins. "There was no question he was a tough matchup. He is a 7-footer who can shoot, he can put the ball on the floor, he can post. On a critical play of the game, they went to him and he scored."

Other teams and their coaches realize it. Time for all you haters to shut up and face the truth:

Bargs is the man
    WOW thanks tips is he really the man on our team? LOL come on multipaul youd have to be living under a rock not to know that he isnt that man on the team EVERYBODY knows that even my 13 year old sister bud so i dont think anyone doesnt believe that he isnt the man on the team.

the thing thats REALLY funny about you're "Man" though is that an analyst such as doug colling can only make comments like that about bargs about once every 10 GAMES when he actually seems interested in the game and decides to play both ends of the floor!! yei hes a scorer but he cant do shit else and never will be able to.

so how about you wait until he has about 6 or 7 consistent games in before you start praising him because he may be our man but i can tell you your're the only one who seems to be happy about that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote matt wrote: View Post
    Are you blind or just plain ignorant?? Mack just said Barney's problem is not with scoring, is his pathetic approach to rebounding that is stoping him from becoming an all star, do you get it? or let me capitalized that for you.

HE SUCKS AT REBOUNDING THE DAMN BALL!
    Hello Matt:

#1- you live in Edmonton, your opinion doesn't matter
    #2- the point of this thread was that other coaches think Bargs is the man.....his "sucking at rebounding" doesn't apply to the focus of this thread
    #3- you live in Edmonton AND you have a hockey player avatar, your threads should be deleted

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blaze89 wrote: View Post
    WOW thanks tips is he really the man on our team? LOL come on multipaul youd have to be living under a rock not to know that he isnt that man on the team EVERYBODY knows that even my 13 year old sister bud so i dont think anyone doesnt believe that he isnt the man on the team.

the thing thats REALLY funny about you're "Man" though is that an analyst such as doug colling can only make comments like that about bargs about once every 10 GAMES when he actually seems interested in the game and decides to play both ends of the floor!! yei hes a scorer but he cant do shit else and never will be able to.

so how about you wait until he has about 6 or 7 consistent games in before you start praising him because he may be our man but i can tell you your're the only one who seems to be happy about that.
    Phil Jackson
    Jerry Sloan
    Doug Collins
    Mike D'antoni
    Erick Spoelstra
    Stan Van Gundy

All have commented on how Bargs is a tough cover and is a hard matchup.

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Phil Jackson
    Jerry Sloan
    Doug Collins
    Mike D'antoni
    Erick Spoelstra
    Stan Van Gundy

All have commented on how Bargs is a tough cover and is a hard matchup.
    ya of course on offence, but tell me did he stop or contain gasol when he played phil? did he contain amar'e when we played the knicks? hell he made jefferson look like top shit when we played the jazz.

i know hes a scorer bro but to be the "man" you got to play both ends of the floor and every time hes matched up against another skilled big they seem to go off on him even harder then he did to them.

so while he may be a tough match-up on the offensive end, more often then not if the other team has a skilled big man they'll get it back 8 times out of 10 man which to me simply isnt good enough for "THE MAN"

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"The Man", in basketball terms, usually means a top notch player who can deliver in all facets of the game. Shoot, Monta Ellis is averaging over 27 points for GSW. I doubt if he's widely considered the man, and he still get around 3 steals a game to go with around 4-5 boards and assists.

What does Matt living in Edmonton have to do wth anything? He can't Make it to games in person so his opinion counts for nothing? Come on dude. Grow up.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blaze89 wrote: View Post
    ya of course on offence, but tell me did he stop or contain gasol when he played phil? did he contain amar'e when we played the knicks? hell he made jefferson look like top shit when we played the jazz.

i know hes a scorer bro but to be the "man" you got to play both ends of the floor and every time hes matched up against another skilled big they seem to go off on him even harder then he did to them.

so while he may be a tough match-up on the offensive end, more often then not if the other team has a skilled big man they'll get it back 8 times out of 10 man which to me simply isnt good enough for "THE MAN"
    Hmmmm... I can see your point of view for sure. I guess from your definition of "The Man", meaning totally well rounded player, than yeah I concede the point. What I mean is that opposing coaches see him as the only guy on our team who could be considered close to "our horse", or "our guy", so their primary defensive schema is to contain him. Other than that, I can really only see them gameplanning against Barbo, or possibly DD/Weems with respect to containing penetration.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs aint the man. Real men rebound and don't leave their teammates hangin out to dry defensively.

This thread is a joke. Keep tryin though. It's cute.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs has taken literally almost double the shots of any other player on the team. Who else are they gonna gameplan for? Jarret Jack? DeMar? Kleiza?

Every team in the league gameplans for the guy that's going to be shooting the ball the most. Not exactly a revelation.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
    Bargs has taken literally almost double the shots of any other player on the team. Who else are they gonna gameplan for? Jarret Jack? DeMar? Kleiza?

Every team in the league gameplans for the guy that's going to be shooting the ball the most. Not exactly a revelation.
    So, you agree with me.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    "The Man", in basketball terms, usually means a top notch player who can deliver in all facets of the game. Shoot, Monta Ellis is averaging over 27 points for GSW. I doubt if he's widely considered the man, and he still get around 3 steals a game to go with around 4-5 boards and assists.

What does Matt living in Edmonton have to do wth anything? He can't Make it to games in person so his opinion counts for nothing? Come on dude. Grow up.
    Grant Fuhr

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

haha, I used to think all this Bargnani trolling was dumb... now I think it's hilarious. Keep doing what you do. I can't believe it still gets so many people worked up. You funny dude. That wasn't sarcasm, by the way.

But anyway, what else was he supposed to say? That it was a fluke and it won't happen again for four, five games? Every opposing coach says that in the postgame about every player that drops a whole bunch of points on them.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

So, you agree with me.
    Bwahahahaha no.

I agree that teams gameplan for Bargs. As for WHY they gameplan for Bargs, I couldn't disagree more.

Besides, we all know that bargs does well against teams without solid big men. Let's check back in with your theory after the next 5 games are done: 2 against Boston, 1 against Atlanta. Hell I'll bet Chuck Hayes shuts him when they play Houston.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been a fan of multipaul's horrid posts for a long time, but these just take the cake.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
    Bwahahahaha no.

I agree that teams gameplan for Bargs. As for WHY they gameplan for Bargs, I couldn't disagree more.

Besides, we all know that bargs does well against teams without solid big men. Let's check back in with your theory after the next 5 games are done: 2 against Boston, 1 against Atlanta. Hell I'll bet Chuck Hayes shuts him when they play Houston.
    Hold on...you disagree why other coaches gameplan against Bargs? Really?

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs is a tough matchup. I'm sure McGee and Blatche didn't think so. Howard doesn't think so.

PS> Last night, he tried his 30-foot pump fake and then his patented jump into his man to draw the foul but didn't get the call. He's not the man, hell, he's not even the boy. Can we stop teabagging Bargs?
    Last edited by Balls of Steel; Thu Nov 18th, 2010 at 01:09 PM.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

oh my god somebody has an opinion that differs from mine therefore i'm going to come to the conclusion that he's stupid!

nazis. the lot of you.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information