Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61

Thread: Opposing Teams Think Bargs is "The Man"

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Hold on...you disagree why other coaches gameplan against Bargs? Really?
    Yeah. you say they gameplan against Bargs because he's 'the man' and a tough cover.

    I say they gameplan against him because he takes twice as many shots as any other Raptor and they HAVE to gameplan against him as a result, because it'd be flat out irresponsible not to. He's not some juggernaut, he's the best of a bunch of crappy options. Kinda like a Beasley, a Rudy Gay, a Danny Granger, etc - he's the best offensive player on a bad team and he puts up points because he takes a whole bunch of shots.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Aurora, ont
    Posts
    305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Hmmmm... I can see your point of view for sure. I guess from your definition of "The Man", meaning totally well rounded player, than yeah I concede the point. What I mean is that opposing coaches see him as the only guy on our team who could be considered close to "our horse", or "our guy", so their primary defensive schema is to contain him. Other than that, I can really only see them gameplanning against Barbo, or possibly DD/Weems with respect to containing penetration.
    very true when it comes to our team of course he's our guy and will be until someone else proves otherwise and other coaches know that all to well. alot of the other teams defensive schemes make bargnani a focal point because they know he can light it up if they dont take his space away.
    however in my eyes its just sad because he got the talent to be a 20-10 guy in this league for years to come and yet i dont see the hunger in his eyes every single game which is what our "man" should be doing. it really isnt that hard for him to average 10 boards a game with his length and play physical and stingy defence which would make him DOMINANT. but, to me he seems content in being a second or third banana, rather then realizing that its HIS team and proving it every night by being consistent which he doesnt do enough

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
    Yeah. you say they gameplan against Bargs because he's 'the man' and a tough cover.

    I say they gameplan against him because he takes twice as many shots as any other Raptor and they HAVE to gameplan against him as a result, because it'd be flat out irresponsible not to. He's not some juggernaut, he's the best of a bunch of crappy options. Kinda like a Beasley, a Rudy Gay, a Danny Granger, etc - he's the best offensive player on a bad team and he puts up points because he takes a whole bunch of shots.
    Henceforth...he is seen as "THE MAN" on our team. you just proved me right, thank you.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote blaze89 wrote: View Post
    very true when it comes to our team of course he's our guy and will be until someone else proves otherwise and other coaches know that all to well. alot of the other teams defensive schemes make bargnani a focal point because they know he can light it up if they dont take his space away.
    however in my eyes its just sad because he got the talent to be a 20-10 guy in this league for years to come and yet i dont see the hunger in his eyes every single game which is what our "man" should be doing. it really isnt that hard for him to average 10 boards a game with his length and play physical and stingy defence which would make him DOMINANT. but, to me he seems content in being a second or third banana, rather then realizing that its HIS team and proving it every night by being consistent which he doesnt do enough
    It's funny...last night he got 30 and 7....most people are saying "big deal" about the offense, and are saying "shouldve had more rebs"....so what if he got 30 and 10 last night? Would it be "should've got 13 or more rebs"....or if he got 25 and 10 but we lost, it would've been "he shouldve taken better shots".

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    who saw the philly game last night and saw bargnani at halftime in the locker room eating a banana like a retard staring at the ground, that was some funny ass shittttttttttt

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Henceforth...he is seen as "THE MAN" on our team. you just proved me right, thank you.
    Hahaha, you've got a pretty funny definition of 'the man'.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
    Hahaha, you've got a pretty funny definition of 'the man'.
    Not my definition. The opposing coach/team's definition, bro.

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Not my definition. The opposing coach/team's definition, bro.
    Tell you what: you find me one single quote in which an opposing coach calls Bargs 'the man' and I'll give you a shiny new nickel. Until then, it's your definition.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    495
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What did Flip Saunders think about his 12 and 2 game in Washington ?
    I wonder if Flip thought that matchup was difficult for his team ?

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    haha keep on trying multipaul

    *pat on head*

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Trife76 wrote: View Post
    What did Flip Saunders think about his 12 and 2 game in Washington ?
    I wonder if Flip thought that matchup was difficult for his team ?
    They did a pretty good job containing him, so I would say his gameplanning was pretty good right?

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Half man, half vegetable lasagna.

  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    495
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    They did a pretty good job containing him, so I would say his gameplanning was pretty good right?
    They contained him from rebounding the ball and playing defense too huh ??

    Washington is NOT a good defensive team or front court...try harder...

  14. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Trife76 wrote: View Post
    They contained him from rebounding the ball and playing defense too huh ??

    Washington is NOT a good defensive team or front court...try harder...
    Is that so?

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote hotshot wrote: View Post
    half man, half vegetable lasagna.
    lol

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic Starter RPT23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    247
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I feel bad for Bargs as he is a 7-footer that is automatically filed into a (Center/PF) role. A role which requires him to grab a respectable number of rebounds (ideally 8-10 a game) and average in the high teens in points per game effeciently. And with him being a number 1 pick, it just adds to more of the reasonings why people scrutinize him a lot. Now I'm not saying that's the primary reason why he's scrutinized but it just adds fuel to the fire. As for him being the man... he may very well be "the man". Like most of the comments on this thread already pointed out, he's not known to be effective defensively. (that could very well be an understatment), but the fact is he's our main focus on offense, whether we like it or not. No one else on our team currently can supplant that position from him. We've seen glimpses here and there but so far, Bargs has been the focus and is more consistent than others. Until the coaching staff sees otherwise, Bargs is the focal point and should be considered the man, at least until Derozan grows into this role or who ever...

    It's funny however, I don't read/hear any opposing coaches comment on his defense abilities and how it poses problems for their respective teams offensively... I'll have to look into that... Hehehe...
    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You guys are embarrassing yourselves. Can somebody delete this thread?

  18. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Michel G wrote: View Post
    You guys are embarrassing yourselves. Can somebody delete this thread?
    You have a french name....

    Ow are you today? I think deez commentz ould look better at ome and not on dees web site board s'il vous plait

  19. #39
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,060
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    You have a french name....

    Ow are you today? I think deez commentz ould look better at ome and not on dees web site board s'il vous plait
    Quit being a dick and disrespectful. Your "Chris Bosh is gay" thread yesterday was over the line and now this. Grow up.

  20. #40
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Bargs

    What is the good of scoring 20 when you allow 25+ ? And a lot of those points he allows are when he takes himself out of the play allowing an easy layup or an easy putback because he can't /won't rebound. Those are the type of plays that take the heart out of a team.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •