Morning shootaround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning shootaround

For 38 years, the morning shootaround has been an unquestioned staple of the NBA game-day routine. It may soon be extinct.

Three teams – the Celtics, the San Antonio Spurs and the Portland Trail Blazers – have dropped the morning shootaround. The Knicks now hold them only for road games. The Denver Nuggets dropped them last week. The Washington Wizards are experimenting without them, though only in spots.

Raptors coach Jay Triano said Sunday his team isn't ready to drop the morning tradition.

"We've thought about it. We just don't think we're as experienced a team as the ones that are doing it," Triano told the Star's Dave Feschuk. "We still think we have a lot of teaching so that our players know what they're doing in certain situations."
    The Star

Interesting. Click the link to read the rest. Good article.

Don't know enough about it to really comment but from what I've played of the game, I don't think shooting around 6 hours before the game will have any impact on how you shoot in the game.

I think coming into the gym an hour or so earlier and hoisting shots up is better.

Comment

And rightfully so. No way should Jay drop the morning shootaround. Considering how much we've struggled with their shot (mostly the 3-pointer), until we prove we are a team to be taken serious in the NBA let alone the East, then I see no reason to award the Raptors players when they still don't deserve it.

Comment

Working...
      X