Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Battier praises DeRozan, Weems, Bargnani and the new-look Raptors.

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Battier praises DeRozan, Weems, Bargnani and the new-look Raptors.

"I think what struck me was their youthful exuberance. With Chris gone, obviously there's a huge void on the offensive end so young guys are emerging. Guys like DeRozan and Weems, they're making the most of their opportunity. I think Bargnani has really stepped up his game. He's really become a tough cover."
    -- Shane Battier on the new-look Raptors

Link to game stats/highlights/story here

Battier is definitely a very respected NBA player. A veteran, a great defender and a great shooter. Some say he's also quite nice

What do you guys think, he's another guy who has complemented this years' Raptors.

Also, a great defender like Battier saying that Bargnani is a tough cover, that could make anyone smile for a day or so.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It would have been nice if Bosh went to Houston and we could have got Battier (among other things) in return.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you expect him to say? Especially from a class act like Battier? Seems to me he just pressed the (A) button for professionalism. Are we really so insecure to cling onto every cliche praise in the media? Do we have to report every negative thing brought up about Bosh? Do I ask too many questions? Let's just be happy with the win and being one game farther away of getting the lowest win record in a season.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Best ask Carmelo Anthony this question, he doesn't seem to mind laying down the truth latley

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hotshot wrote: View Post
    best ask carmelo anthony this question, he doesn't seem to mind laying down the truth latley :d
    lol!!!!

Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    "I think what struck me was their youthful exuberance. With Chris gone, obviously there's a huge void on the offensive end so young guys are emerging. Guys like DeRozan and Weems, they're making the most of their opportunity. I think Bargnani has really stepped up his game. He's really become a tough cover."
    -- Shane Battier on the new-look Raptors

Link to game stats/highlights/story here

Battier is definitely a very respected NBA player. A veteran, a great defender and a great shooter. Some say he's also quite nice

What do you guys think, he's another guy who has complemented this years' Raptors.

Also, a great defender like Battier saying that Bargnani is a tough cover, that could make anyone smile for a day or so.
    We dont need players to praise our team it is obvious. Derozan is 21 years old. He is on the verge of stardom. Weems is very solid he has potential to be an all star. Bargnani is lighting it up, I have never seen Bosh put up monster games like these last two. Teams shouldn't be suprised anymore. Raptors are young and loaded if I was a chick I dig them....

Oh ya soon they will be praising the Davis Alabi Bargnani Trio.
    Go Raps Go.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors worst roster in league?

Ryen Rusillo whoever that is said Raptors have worst Roster in the league. This guy should be banned from reporting, someone look into that. He clearly has n0 basketball knowledge.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

JoePanini good post. Battier and you are right...no question this trio has a bright future. Now mix in Davis, and some solid veterans in Barbosa, Kleiza, and you have a nice team to build on. Let's not forget Amir.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    Ryen Rusillo whoever that is said Raptors have worst Roster in the league. This guy should be banned from reporting, someone look into that. He clearly has n0 basketball knowledge.
    when you throw that "person x clearly has no basketball knowledge" quote towards anyone and everyone that disagrees with you, it loses it's value very quickly...

Raptors Republic Rookie your mom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    when you throw that "person x clearly has no basketball knowledge" quote towards anyone and everyone that disagrees with you, it loses it's value very quickly...
    When your name is Legalize it, it's really hard to take you seriously

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    I think you've done that a couple times...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

DunkinDerozan: "... I have never seen Bosh put up monster games like these last two"

Then you didn't watch many games. Seriously man, come on.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We dont need players to praise our team it is obvious. Derozan is 21 years old. He is on the verge of stardom. Weems is very solid he has potential to be an all star. Bargnani is lighting it up, I have never seen Bosh put up monster games like these last two. Teams shouldn't be suprised anymore. Raptors are young and loaded if I was a chick I dig them....

Oh ya soon they will be praising the Davis Alabi Bargnani Trio.
    Go Raps Go.
    DeMar has a loooooooonnnng way to go before he reaches stardom. He has to get much better with his jumper and become a lot more consistent with his game in general.

As far as the Bosh comment, I guess you weren't watching Raptor gamers the previous 6 seasons. He had plenty a monster games... Take a look at how he started last season.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/2010/
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    DeMar has a loooooooonnnng way to go before he reaches stardom. He has to get much better with his jumper and become a lot more consistent with his game in general.

As far as the Bosh comment, I guess you weren't watching Raptor gamers the previous 6 seasons. He had plenty a monster games... Take a look at how he started last season.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/2010/
    I looked at your chart. Although I do agree with you Bosh may have put up some big numbers, those numbers look a bit inflated because all those free throws he was attempting early on, plus remeber it was contract year for him. Also being a monster isant always about points sorry for not clarifying myself. Its the way in which he dominated the games he never hogged the ball did it within the team concept and still put up big numbers. Plus you need to remeber bosh had many years experience being our go to player, Bargnani has only had 15% of a season.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani is lighting it up, I have never seen Bosh put up monster games like these last two. .
    Have you watched any Raptors games prior to this season?

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Inflated because of FT's?? That's called dominating dude... I guess D Wade, LeBron, Kobe and KD have inflated numbers as well... I realize you might not like the guy but come on. It's Bargnani 5th season it's not like he's a rookie, if he showed a little more earlier in his career, he could have been much better at this point. That can't be blamed on Bosh...

Just to clarify it, how does Bargs ever dominate by not scoring? It's not like he's rebounding or defending...
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Inflated because of FT's?? That's called dominating dude... I guess D Wade, LeBron, Kobe and KD have inflated numbers as well... I realize you might not like the guy but come on. It's Bargnani 5th season it's not like he's a rookie, if he showed a little more earlier in his career, he could have been much better at this point. That can't be blamed on Bosh...

Just to clarify it, how does Bargs ever dominate by not scoring? It's not like he's rebounding or defending...
    Unltil Toronto gets a true centre its hard to comment on his rebounding defending. As a centre hes always responsible for the pick and roll defence taking him away from the basket. It would be interesting to see his rebounding numbers playing the PF position.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be interesting to see his rebounding numbers playing the PF position.
    Yeah, there's a good chance they'd be even worse.

Bargnani is lighting it up, I have never seen Bosh put up monster games like these last two.
    I think you should leave this thread, take a deep breath, regroup, then have at her again in the morning.

Raptors Republic Rookie your mom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew we had a good future, but i'm not gonna hang on the words of one random rockets player. once we get respect from the upper echelon of team, then we start having quote threads

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Battier is well respected throughout the league and isn't just a "random rockets player." If Yao were healthy, it's very likely this would be an upper echelon team.

Quote your mom wrote: View Post
    When your name is Legalize it, it's really hard to take you seriously
    When you rock a VC pic you're living in a glass house calling out other people like that.

Thread Information