OFFICIAL: Stojakovic & Bayless to the Raptors for Jack, Banks & Andersen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    Would NJ be willing to give Favors up for a rental player??? Iv heard rumors he wont resign there ...
    For Toronto and Denver the trade would be win win heres why.

Toronto would essentially only be giving up Alabi who we traded for a 2nd round pick,, plus evans whos we wont resign cuz of ed davis and amir.
    Denver could get a replacement for kenyon martin in reggie..a potential solid defensive cnetre in alabi and a replacement for billups in bayless and first rounder if u ask me i think thats better than what NJ has to offer.

And so even if Anothony is just a rental for the end of th year we dont loose much, and we have a chance to compete this year.
    They had Evans once. Don't think they want him again.
    Deadallus

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      I'm sorry, but this is an absolutely horrible, horrible trade for Denver and I thought I was making this clear. Reggie should never start on a good team, Alabi, at this point, has shown he's not going to be a solid anything and Bayless isn't a replacement for anyone. There's a half decent chance that neither Alabi nor Bayless will even be in the league in 2 years. And Denver already has Ty Lawson, who's light years better than Bayless, right now.

There are 28 other teams in the league that could and would give Denver a better deal for Anthony even if it's only for this year.

A couple of examples...

Houston trades Shane Battier, Jordan Hill, Jared Jeffries and a draft pick for Anthony. Jeffries is an expiring contract, Battier would be a replacement for Anthony, or would have a lot of value in a trade, and Hill and the draft pick would help Denver rebuild.
      Dallas trades Caron Butler, Alexis Ajinca, Rodrigue Beaubois, DeShawn Stevenson and a draft pick. Butler would replace Anthony and is an expiring contract. Ajinca and Beaubois have at least the potential of Alabi and Bayless, and Dallas adds a draft pick.

And that's just two teams that I hurt would be willing to "rent" Anthony.

In other words, the proposed trade would be laughed at by Denver.
      I'm not sure where the Melo to TO came from. To me it is pointless as it is the exact opposite of what TOR/BC should be doing looking long term - and I'm sure they would agree but it is only my opinion.

The two trades are very good. HOU has to do something because this season is looking dreadful for them unless they go off on a 22 game win streak like a couple of seasons ago. DAL would be a great fit as well.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        You are sending Demar to the bench in favour of Peja?! Peja hasn't been an NBA quality starter since 2008.

The starting line up is this:

Calderon
        Derozan
        Weems
        Evans
        Bargnani

Bayless
        Peja
        Kleiza
        Amir
        Dorsey

Injured: Barbosa, Davis
        The reason why I have him starting is they can't justify having him sit on the bench paying him $14 million. I think Peja is beyond washed up, but between The GM having a hard on for him (from what I've read before) and that he wants to win games, I think they stall whatever development DeRozan has for the sake of a few wins. Plus, if they want to flip Peja later, he has to play to show some value.

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
          Question aren't bayless and barbosa very similar players? how will that effect rotations matchups etcc.. i dont see bayless or barbosa competing for sg minutes as w got weems kleiza and derozan splitting sg/sf minutes that leaves barbosa calderone and bayless how will this work out?
          I am afraid you are taking a short term view of the deal (if it goes thru!). I take a long view (1+ yrs.). As you know the Raps team makeup currently is in a fluid state. A couple of things to keep in mind re Barbosa is will he have his operation and be out for the season or could he be moved at the trade deadline in another deal. If he stays I think there are still enough minutes since I view Bayless being slotted into the pg spot behind Jose at least for this year to check out his capabilities first hand. Overall nothing really changes re the pg position re mins. since it is a swap of players for the same position. The more questionable area is Peja's time. I think he'll probably be used sparingly with no long term view and just for his 3 pt shot especially in endofgame situations or in situations where lots of 3s are needed to close a score gap. But this is on a game by game basis rather than a true rotation. The best of this deal is the flexibilty in salary cap after this year and future 2 yrs. of JJ's contract and getting younger. Bayless ending up better than JJ is the cream if is the case. It is not a franchise changing deal of course but a good step towards allowing more deals more easily I hope.

Comment

I feel bad for wright in all this the kid has game

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              Looking through the free agents next offseason Gasol and Jeff Green were the only two that really jumped out at me in regards to who I'd like to see in a Raps uni. Gasol is restricted so Memphis would likely match any offer if they don't re-sign him before he gets to FA. But that would be a nice pairing for Bargs who could finally move to the 4.
              Memphis have painted themselves into a bit of a salary cost conundrum. They gave Rudy G. that massive deal and then went crazy on the Conley deal. If a strategically formulated offer sheet were signed by Gasol they might not match. They need to satisfy Zach R as well.

Comment

AllenL2R wrote: View Post
                There's a rumor that the Raps are going to acquire Stojakovic and Bayless in exchange for Jack, Banks, and Andersen.

See http://www.basketusa.com/news/49717/...e-aux-raptors/

That would be a pretty good trade from Toronto's perspective. Peja's contract expires at the end of this year, and Bayless has tons of potential.

This is just a lead up to another trade.... maybe Nash. With his pending divorce, Phoenix struggling and for the first time actually considering moving him, his close relationship with Jay Triano, BCs ties with Phoenix.....

Comment

I like the trade. Right now I'm not too worried about Peja's playing time. It's all a work in progress. Should make the games more exciting to watch if the team's effort remains steady. And I don't think that all lies with Jack.

Too much is being made of players who have friends on the team. Yeah it's great that OKC has such great chemistry, but they also have a ton of talent. You can't add too much value to JJ because he likes hanging out in Vegas and TO with his friends.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I guess Jose is safe.

Comment

• I like this trade. After yesterday's game I realized that there isnt enough floor time for the players we have. This frees some of it up, makes us a bit younger and starts filling some holes. All because Anderson has played himself into an nba career (good for him) and with Paul's injury issues Banks and especially JJ can help them immensely.

I suspect Peja will only play if we have major injury issues (or if we're trying to up his trade value) but now Wright can get some burn and there is space to bring in a starting 5 (or groom Davis into a post role). Bayless will either become a PG or will shadow Barbosa and find a space in the league as an energy guy. TPE go away if you dont use them but getting this much off the books in a fairly trade-able asset like Peja has tons of benefit.

Comment

• You know, Peja was having trouble getting PT from Marco Belinelli. Maybe he operates more effective in Toronto? Could he fill the role envisoned on Jason Kapono when Colangelo signed him? I'm not sure what we should expect out of Peja should he stay healthy.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          You know, Peja was having trouble getting PT from Marco Belinelli. Maybe he operates more effective in Toronto? Could he fill the role envisoned on Jason Kapono when Colangelo signed him? I'm not sure what we should expect out of Peja should he stay healthy.
                          yep & i think we could have def. used bellineli if he played like that for us. as for peja who cares if he even plays. hell prob see minutes on russian or belgradean night LOL hell prob be good for the clubs & our econemy if he spends his wages here LOL

i just hope to god BC doesnt think peja can still play a big role on this team

im getting a hedo flashback LOL

big plus for me is that i wont have to watch JJ run the point anymore! he was just absolute shit! his defence is over rated, his ball handles are crap, the amount of times id watch him dribble the ball off his own foot youd think hes got Shaq shoes on LOL just horrible for a PG
                          Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sat Nov 20, 2010, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• I still think BC has a major hardon for Nash which could be worrisome come trade deadline:

BC "Ring RIng"

Pheonix GM: "Hello?"

BC: "Hey man how are you doing (pops collar) check this out I still want Steve Nash and I know your team is in bad shape and probably aren't going to be making the playoffs in the west sooo I will like to take him off your hands for a really great deal as well to just to make amends because you were so nice of taking that useless Turkoglu off our hands.

Pheonix GM: "yeah I am still pissed about getting Turkoglu! Ok what are you offering?!"

BC: Our two first round picks in the 2011 (no protection) Evans (expired season end) Weems (an up an coming player who I can't afford cause I gave all the money to Amir, Kleiza and Bargnani) and some of our TPE!?

Pheonix GM: "SOLD!"

Comment

• Now that Jack, Banks, and Andersen are out the door, Calderon and Evans should be next. I'm confident Barbosa and Bayless can handle point-guard duties, and although Evans is playing very well, the Raps already have Amir and Davis at the 4.

Comment

• If this trade go through Triano is pretty much done as a coach. This team is going to tank faster then you can say "tank".

Comment

Working...
                                X