Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Stojakovic & Bayless to the Raptors for Jack, Banks & Andersen

Post Thanks / Like

Do any of you seriously expect BC to get any good players even if cap was free'd up? Even the very act of constantly adding new players is significantly hampering the raptors ability to perform as a team. And yet he's still willing to dump 2 players who are putting so much effort into this team, and are clearly better players than what we're getting.

Its just ridiculous. Someone get rid of this man, please to god.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah exactly, we got lots of room to resign Sonny now. We get more time for Dorsey and Davis (that is if we don't sign Damps, please no please no) and we get younger and more athletic with Bayless. Jack has been playing like crap lately and i think Bayless has actually been passing the ball a little more this year. Correct me if i'm wrong though.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The funniest thing is that about this deal is this the second time Bayless and Jack have been in a trade for one another.

Indiana Pacers traded Ike Diogu and the rights to Jerry Bayless to the Portland Trail Blazers for Jarrett Jack, Josh McRoberts and the rights to Brandon Rush.

Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny how things change so quickly. It I rememeber correctly it was Jose who was a MJ signature away from being traded to Charlotte, and Jack was being praised for his dedication and leadership towards making the Young Onez better. Ultimatly though I think management has grown a bit tierd of Jack's shoot first mentality. A true point guard worries about making other players better first (ex rajon rondo, steve nash). I think the Raptors beleive Jose is the right player to lead the young onez into the future. He has great chemistry with Amir, and I think the players feel more confident with Jose on the floor.

I think Jack has potential to be very good for New Orleans, playing behind CP3 he'll be more relaxed and have less pressure. He'll be asked to distribute more as New Orleans have enough scorers aka marco belenelli

Also it will now be interesting to see if Jose can handle added responsibilities and more minutes, if not this move can really backfire

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote phez wrote: View Post
    Do any of you seriously expect BC to get any good players even if cap was free'd up? Even the very act of constantly adding new players is significantly hampering the raptors ability to perform as a team. And yet he's still willing to dump 2 players who are putting so much effort into this team, and are clearly better players than what we're getting.

Its just ridiculous. Someone get rid of this man, please to god.
    BC may or may not get good players with more cap space but with no cap space there is no chance.

Andersen is 30. If the Raps are going to suck, might as well give the minutes to Alabi, Dorsey, or Davis.

The last 2 seasons, your claim of new players is justified. Now with the cornerstone gone (CB) there is a new direction. The foundation of this team is set.

February trade deadline, June draft, and summer free agency are a long ways away. Before he is rid of, I'd personally like to see what he does.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    If colangelo pulls of the peja trade could it lead to some bigger trade maybe melo?

Colangelo and the Nuggests GM are good freinds maybe he can work his charm

I Know the nuggets GM is big on Alabi. Maybe Bayless Alabi Evans Stojakovich Miami's first rounder for Melo + filler??
    Works for both teams Denver gets cap room plus a few good young players (better than loosing melo for nothing)

Toronto gets Carmelo even if its just for a year were not really loosing much for the expereiment, and plus you never know if they play well he might resign. After all Toronto is New York JR.

Also if we trade Bayless, Barbosa may become our backup point guard.

what u guys think?
    great trade... let's trade a 1st round pick for half a season of melo who will have one foot out the door before he even gets here...brilliant trade idea !!

Post Thanks / Like

LOOOVEE THIS DEAL
    bayless had a lot of potential and we shed come contract
    love it love it love it

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote YKR23 wrote: View Post
    LOOOVEE THIS DEAL
    bayless had a lot of potential and we shed come contract
    love it love it love it
    Potential?! his FG % is very low and also his assists ratio. You don't trade a guy twice in 3 years if he has lot of potential.

I am not impressed with this trade, the Raptors are much worse as a result.

Raptors Republic Rookie p.n guin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope bayless could get his game going here since hes probably gonna be getting aloottta floor time...Applaud Colangelo, the guy does have some balls and hes willing to take risks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Near term I would agree.

Long term I do not.

The Raptors gain a lot of flexibility for themselves but also as a facilitator. They now have $23M in expiring contracts and a $14.5M TPE to help trades go through for other teams. There is a charge for this facilitation, of course, namely draft picks.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Potential?! his FG % is very low and also his assists ratio. You don't trade a guy twice in 3 years if he has lot of potential.

Yes, but the tank brigade approves.

Post Thanks / Like

More confirmation that something is certainly going down at the moment. This courtesy of Eric Koreen:

Jarrett Jack, in white t-shirt and hoodie, heading in and out of practice accompanied by Asst. GM Marc Eversley
    Source - Click here

Raptors Republic Starter Deadallus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This speculative trades reeks of a set up for something bigger.
    Deadallus

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Deadallus wrote: View Post
    This speculative trades reeks of a set up for something bigger.
    i agree... i wouldnt be shocked at all if our tpe was going for okafor aswell. LOL

but then again NO has been untouchable so far soo they might not want to shake it up that much. Okafor hasnt played to bad either.
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sat Nov 20th, 2010 at 01:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    i agree... i wouldnt be shocked at all if our tpe was going for okafor aswell. LOL
    That would be a pipe dream.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Colangelo is reading the forums here in RR, he'd be bangin his head in all directions.
    It seems people here cant be pleased with anything and everything the raps do.
    Clearing cap space for next summer, not good. Trading an older, backup PG for a younger one, not good either.
    Seriously, everytime there's word that a transaction is going down, you all turn into a mother who's son is introducing a gf for the first time, she's not good for him, she's too old, not gf material, etc etc.

I think the trade will work. No knack on Jack, he's good eventhough he might be on a slump right now, but i think he's acting more like a father to demar and sonny rather than a big brother. he's trying to do too much.

Bayless seems to be a combo guard, but at least he'll run better with Sonny, Demar, Amir and maybe Davis. The youth movement continues.

I think shedding the TPE and getting Peja's expiring contract is way better than keeping the TPE till the summer. At least now, the Raps will have actual money to be used, and not a placeholder.

My other hunch is they might get Banks back next year when his contract expires or if he gets waived.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    If colangelo pulls of the peja trade could it lead to some bigger trade maybe melo?

Colangelo and the Nuggests GM are good freinds maybe he can work his charm

I Know the nuggets GM is big on Alabi. Maybe Bayless Alabi Evans Stojakovich Miami's first rounder for Melo + filler??

Works for both teams Denver gets cap room plus a few good young players (better than loosing melo for nothing)

Toronto gets Carmelo even if its just for a year were not really loosing much for the expereiment, and plus you never know if they play well he might resign. After all Toronto is New York JR.

Also if we trade Bayless, Barbosa may become our backup point guard.

what u guys think?
    Well, since Carmelo is already an expiring contract, the deal would basically be Alabi, Bayless and a late first rounder for Anthony. Let me ask you, would YOU do that? Especially when New Jersey is apparently offering, among other players Derrick Favors? That's only slightly better than what Toronto got for Chris Bosh. And that was a sign and trade.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    That would be a pipe dream.
    GORTAT! hehehe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post

but then again NO has been untouchable so far soo they might not want to shake it up that much. Okafor hasnt played to bad either.
    I don't think so. Okafor has really bounced back this season and is a big part of why NOH have one of the best records in the league. Paul speaks highly of him in this interview:

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/vid...n-outstanding/

His contract is still outrageous but not as outrageous considering he is shoot 60%, averaging nearly a double-double and 2.5 blocks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    If Colangelo is reading the forums here in RR, he'd be bangin his head in all directions.
    It seems people here cant be pleased with anything and everything the raps do.
    Clearing cap space for next summer, not good. Trading an older, backup PG for a younger one, not good either.
    Seriously, everytime there's word that a transaction is going down, you all turn into a mother who's son is introducing a gf for the first time, she's not good for him, she's too old, not gf material, etc etc.

I think the trade will work. No knack on Jack, he's good eventhough he might be on a slump right now, but i think he's acting more like a father to demar and sonny rather than a big brother. he's trying to do too much.

Bayless seems to be a combo guard, but at least he'll run better with Sonny, Demar, Amir and maybe Davis. The youth movement continues.

I think shedding the TPE and getting Peja's expiring contract is way better than keeping the TPE till the summer. At least now, the Raps will have actual money to be used, and not a placeholder.

My other hunch is they might get Banks back next year when his contract expires or if he gets waived.
    The Raps will still have $12.3M of the TPE to use.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information