OFFICIAL: Stojakovic & Bayless to the Raptors for Jack, Banks & Andersen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Potential?! his FG % is very low and also his assists ratio. You don't trade a guy twice in 3 years if he has lot of potential.

I am not impressed with this trade, the Raptors are much worse as a result.
    Yes, but the tank brigade approves.

Comment

More confirmation that something is certainly going down at the moment. This courtesy of Eric Koreen:

Jarrett Jack, in white t-shirt and hoodie, heading in and out of practice accompanied by Asst. GM Marc Eversley
      Source - Click here

Comment

This speculative trades reeks of a set up for something bigger.
        Deadallus

Comment

Deadallus wrote: View Post
          This speculative trades reeks of a set up for something bigger.
          i agree... i wouldnt be shocked at all if our tpe was going for okafor aswell. LOL

but then again NO has been untouchable so far soo they might not want to shake it up that much. Okafor hasnt played to bad either.
          Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sat Nov 20, 2010, 02:29 PM.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
            i agree... i wouldnt be shocked at all if our tpe was going for okafor aswell. LOL
            That would be a pipe dream.

Comment

If Colangelo is reading the forums here in RR, he'd be bangin his head in all directions.
              It seems people here cant be pleased with anything and everything the raps do.
              Clearing cap space for next summer, not good. Trading an older, backup PG for a younger one, not good either.
              Seriously, everytime there's word that a transaction is going down, you all turn into a mother who's son is introducing a gf for the first time, she's not good for him, she's too old, not gf material, etc etc.

I think the trade will work. No knack on Jack, he's good eventhough he might be on a slump right now, but i think he's acting more like a father to demar and sonny rather than a big brother. he's trying to do too much.

Bayless seems to be a combo guard, but at least he'll run better with Sonny, Demar, Amir and maybe Davis. The youth movement continues.

I think shedding the TPE and getting Peja's expiring contract is way better than keeping the TPE till the summer. At least now, the Raps will have actual money to be used, and not a placeholder.

My other hunch is they might get Banks back next year when his contract expires or if he gets waived.

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                If colangelo pulls of the peja trade could it lead to some bigger trade maybe melo?

Colangelo and the Nuggests GM are good freinds maybe he can work his charm

I Know the nuggets GM is big on Alabi. Maybe Bayless Alabi Evans Stojakovich Miami's first rounder for Melo + filler??

Works for both teams Denver gets cap room plus a few good young players (better than loosing melo for nothing)

Toronto gets Carmelo even if its just for a year were not really loosing much for the expereiment, and plus you never know if they play well he might resign. After all Toronto is New York JR.

Also if we trade Bayless, Barbosa may become our backup point guard.

what u guys think?
                Well, since Carmelo is already an expiring contract, the deal would basically be Alabi, Bayless and a late first rounder for Anthony. Let me ask you, would YOU do that? Especially when New Jersey is apparently offering, among other players Derrick Favors? That's only slightly better than what Toronto got for Chris Bosh. And that was a sign and trade.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  That would be a pipe dream.
                  GORTAT! hehehe

Comment

but then again NO has been untouchable so far soo they might not want to shake it up that much. Okafor hasnt played to bad either.
                    I don't think so. Okafor has really bounced back this season and is a big part of why NOH have one of the best records in the league. Paul speaks highly of him in this interview:

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/vid...n-outstanding/

His contract is still outrageous but not as outrageous considering he is shoot 60%, averaging nearly a double-double and 2.5 blocks.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                      If Colangelo is reading the forums here in RR, he'd be bangin his head in all directions.
                      It seems people here cant be pleased with anything and everything the raps do.
                      Clearing cap space for next summer, not good. Trading an older, backup PG for a younger one, not good either.
                      Seriously, everytime there's word that a transaction is going down, you all turn into a mother who's son is introducing a gf for the first time, she's not good for him, she's too old, not gf material, etc etc.

I think the trade will work. No knack on Jack, he's good eventhough he might be on a slump right now, but i think he's acting more like a father to demar and sonny rather than a big brother. he's trying to do too much.

Bayless seems to be a combo guard, but at least he'll run better with Sonny, Demar, Amir and maybe Davis. The youth movement continues.

I think shedding the TPE and getting Peja's expiring contract is way better than keeping the TPE till the summer. At least now, the Raps will have actual money to be used, and not a placeholder.

My other hunch is they might get Banks back next year when his contract expires or if he gets waived.
                      The Raps will still have $12.3M of the TPE to use.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        Well, since Carmelo is already an expiring contract, the deal would basically be Alabi, Bayless and a late first rounder for Anthony. Let me ask you, would YOU do that? Especially when New Jersey is apparently offering, among other players Derrick Favors? That's only slightly better than what Toronto got for Chris Bosh. And that was a sign and trade.
                        Anthony would be an awesome addition, but wouldnt getting him hinder the development of Demar, Sonny and Davis? For sure Melo's going to chuck at least 20 shots a night....

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          The Raps will still have $12.3M of the TPE to use.
                          Even better!!!!

Comment

You think New Orleans, who are tied for the best record in the league, are going to trade their starting center, who's finally starting to fit in, for a trade exception, despite the only other players on the roster that are over 6'9 are Jason Smith and Didier Ilunga-Mbenga who would give the Hornets the worst starting center in the entire league, possibly the worst in the last ten years?

I think the Okafor ship has sailed.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                              Anthony would be an awesome addition, but wouldnt getting him hinder the development of Demar, Sonny and Davis? For sure Melo's going to chuck at least 20 shots a night....
                              Getting LeBron and Howard would be awesome, too. Maybe the Raptors can offer some expiring contracts for them, too.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

So if the trade does pulll through...
                                Bayless - 22
                                Demar - 21
                                Sonny - 24
                                Amir - 23
                                davis - 21
                                Kleiza - 25
                                bargnani - 25
                                barbosa - 28
                                calderon 30