Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 172

Thread: OFFICIAL: Stojakovic & Bayless to the Raptors for Jack, Banks & Andersen

  1. #121
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    done and done



    bayless better play some D and peja better stay on the bench his career is done!

    signing dampier will probably happen in the next few days
    Last edited by grindhouse; Sat Nov 20th, 2010 at 11:48 PM.

  2. #122
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    don you beat me to it lol

  3. #123
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Hmmm wonder if the Raps could flip Stojakovic for somebody like Iguodala... sounds like Philly wants cap relief and maybe we throw in Miami's 1st rounder? Just thinking aloud here, about overpaid players teams want to unload...
    Because you're shooting for low mediocrity? Trading for Iguodala last year, when the Raptors wanted to make the playoffs, made sense. Trading for a 27 year old player who is vastly overpaid and has never made the All-Star team, and who would probably give the Raptors, at best, 6 or 7 more wins, giving them a lower lottery pick, doesn't make much sense.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  4. #124
    Raptors Republic Starter matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I like this trade, I have to say though, gonna miss Jack, but his last couple of games have been depressing to say the very least.

    Jose starting again is never a good thing, so lets hope Bayless is the real deal.

  5. #125
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Maybe Bayless won't even play a game for us, and won't replace Jack because I think as Matt pointed pointed out, maybe we took Bayless to get to Thompson. The Kings offered Thompson for Teague who is also a guard, so I think they might just accept Thompson for Bayless. Plus now we have no back-up center

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    495
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is one of them new era NBA deals...where it really doesnt add value until other pieces fall into place like the TPE and eventually whatever cap space we wind up with next off season....on the surface its a sideways deal that gives virtually nothing player wise but dont really lose anything.....I still like Bayless but i think he's just a temporary piece given were going to be a top 5 lotto team next year...

  7. #127
    Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    on top of Jenna Jameson
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I watch a stupid santa claus parade (Oakville) and have freakin dinner with friends and when I return home I find the freakin team blown-up? Well, maybe blown-up is an exaggeration, but still. I haven't had time to fully digest this trade, but my first reactions are Bayless might pan out nicely. He had some serious game at Arizona. I remember watching a game in Portland where he lit it up for like 30 points. Dude can score in bunches. Peja? PEJA? Well, I guess the Raptors suck large this year in shooting the 3 and he can help out there. But Peja? He will make Calderon's and Bargnani's defense look All-star caliber.

    Thanks for your time in Raptorville Jack. Not too sorry your gone. Marcus, I hope you enjoy the pine in NO, but you did a solid job backing up the back-up. Anderson, I never really got to know you but you played pretty solidly. Enjoy NO and the highest crime rate in North America.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

  8. #128
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was just thinking, I read that they said Jack was a good friend of Pauls. Which should factor in in him staying in NO. But wasn't Jack also a good friend of Bosh? hhmmm

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    495
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Other thing i shoulda said is although this deal makes financial sense for the raps im not confident in anyway BC will use the cap space wisely or TPE as much as im not confident he wont blow our top 5 pick again next year....

    Its almost a win lose in that respect as im waiting on Colangelo to make another dumb FA signing next year and draft Kyle Singler or Mason Plumlee with the 1dst pick...

  10. #130
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Trife76 wrote: View Post
    Other thing i shoulda said is although this deal makes financial sense for the raps im not confident in anyway BC will use the cap space wisely or TPE as much as im not confident he wont blow our top 5 pick again next year....

    Its almost a win lose in that respect as im waiting on Colangelo to make another dumb FA signing next year and draft Kyle Singler or Mason Plumlee with the 1dst pick...
    Last 2 first round draft picks weren't bad...

  11. #131
    Raptors Republic Rookie TheAudman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Raps trade Belinelli for Peja.
    Audley
    The NBA Breakdown - For Hoops Talk, The Way It Should Be!

  12. #132
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Overall, it's a good trade for both sides. The Hornets get a capable PG and someone to entice CP3 to stay in New Orleans. The Raps get a massive expiring in Peja and a very good project in Bayless. Should Bayless develop (and he should be able to get a lot of playing time here) and I think he will, he should be like Devin Harris - except a better shooter and worse defender. His playmaking skills are pretty sub-par and will look for his own shot before setting someone else up. I remember him being top-5 in a lot of mock drafts a couple of years ago. He's still only 22, so he should mesh pretty well with the young core we have now. We might have some money now to go after Marc Gasol in the off-season.

  13. #133
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Maybe Bayless won't even play a game for us, and won't replace Jack because I think as Matt pointed pointed out, maybe we took Bayless to get to Thompson. The Kings offered Thompson for Teague who is also a guard, so I think they might just accept Thompson for Bayless. Plus now we have no back-up center
    Ugh. I wouldn't do that. We got Bargnani, Davis, Johnson - and probably Dampier (or some other fodder) on the way. I do like Thompson, but I believe that Bayless is the better prospect.

  14. #134
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Because you're shooting for low mediocrity? Trading for Iguodala last year, when the Raptors wanted to make the playoffs, made sense. Trading for a 27 year old player who is vastly overpaid and has never made the All-Star team, and who would probably give the Raptors, at best, 6 or 7 more wins, giving them a lower lottery pick, doesn't make much sense.
    Don't forget screwing their future financial flexibilty.

  15. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Last 2 first round draft picks weren't bad...
    ed davis hasn't played a game yet...

    im not saying he's trash, but how do you know he's not gona be a bust ?

    put the kool-aid down and start using some logic.

  16. #136
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    PG: Bayless
    SG: DeRozan
    SF: Weems
    PF: Amir
    C: Bargnani

    I want to see that lineup. So athletic.

  17. #137
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,499
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Because you're shooting for low mediocrity? Trading for Iguodala last year, when the Raptors wanted to make the playoffs, made sense. Trading for a 27 year old player who is vastly overpaid and has never made the All-Star team, and who would probably give the Raptors, at best, 6 or 7 more wins, giving them a lower lottery pick, doesn't make much sense.
    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Don't forget screwing their future financial flexibilty.

    I was just using Iguodala as an example of something more useful they could flip Stojakovic for, not saying I fully endorse a deal like that. Although, to play devil's advocate, from what I've heard there are quite a few teams interested in Iguodala, but Philly is asking for too much in return. Who knows, perhaps BC could ask for less than Philly is asking, yet still get something more useful long-term in return down the road for Iguodala than he could for just Stojakovic's expiring contract... as far as just doing a one-for-one trade and keeping Iguodala for his full contract, I agree that he's not worth the amount of cap space he'd eat up.

  18. #138
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    ed davis hasn't played a game yet...

    im not saying he's trash, but how do you know he's not gona be a bust ?

    put the kool-aid down and start using some logic.
    I know you hate BC, however, he just made a trade you were advocating for just a couple of days ago.

    He dropped a longer term contract (JJ)
    He dropped a player taking time away from the youngin's (Andersen)
    He picked up a young player with a lot of potential and was a #11 pick just 2 years ago.
    He also picked up one of the most valuable expiring contracts in the league and only used $2.2M of the TPE.

    It is clear no matter what the guy does you're not going to approve.

  19. #139
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I was just using Iguodala as an example of something more useful they could flip Stojakovic for, not saying I fully endorse a deal like that. Although, to play devil's advocate, from what I've heard there are quite a few teams interested in Iguodala, but Philly is asking for too much in return. Who knows, perhaps BC could ask for less than Philly is asking, yet still get something more useful long-term in return down the road for Iguodala than he could for just Stojakovic's expiring contract... as far as just doing a one-for-one trade and keeping Iguodala for his full contract, I agree that he's not worth the amount of cap space he'd eat up.
    If AI made around $9M a year I'd be all over it but he makes closer to $14 and it only goes up the next few seasons and he is really not playing well this year - even before his injury.

  20. #140
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    done and done



    bayless better play some D and peja better stay on the bench his career is done!

    signing dampier will probably happen in the next few days
    Dampier does not fit in to this quote:

    "Acquisition of another emerging talent and the creation of additional salary cap flexibility in the coming years were the key drivers in making this deal," said Raptors President and general manager Bryan Colangelo. "Our plan of developing our existing young players and acquiring future assets remains our focus in retooling this Toronto basketball team."

    I have a feeling Evans is next to go.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •