Alabi's First D-League Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabi's First D-League Game

I watched abit of the Bayhawks game online tonight to check out Solomon.
    He actually played very well. 7 blocked shots in the game, 7 rebounds and 13 points. I personally think he could have had even better number because he was open alot but still never recieved the ball. Seems like alot of players in the D league are being greedy and dont want to pass. He would have had a few easy dunks if other players would have dished the ball when they were doubled on the drive. Great start so far, it will be interesting to see Alabi and Davis down there together.

min, fgm-a, ftm-a, +/-, off, def, tot, ast, pf, st, to, bs, ba, pts
    27:13 , 4-10, 5-8, +9, 3, 4, 7, 0, 4, 0, 2, 7, 1, 13

Erie won 109-71
    http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/201.../gameinfo.html
    Last edited by pesterm1; Sat Nov 20, 2010, 03:09 AM.

Certainly seems like he can build some confidence and experience in the D-League. I haven't watched a D-League game. What's better - to develop by playing against NBA players in practice and warming the bench or getting lots of playing time against B-level talent? What is the coaching like? Can Alabi get the proper coaching to develop his game? Where do D-League coaches come from and where do they progress to? A bit off topic, I know.

I
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

LOL 7 blocks. Alabi playing with the lil kids.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
        Certainly seems like he can build some confidence and experience in the D-League. I haven't watched a D-League game. What's better - to develop by playing against NBA players in practice and warming the bench or getting lots of playing time against B-level talent? What is the coaching like? Can Alabi get the proper coaching to develop his game? Where do D-League coaches come from and where do they progress to? A bit off topic, I know.

I
        Not to sure. I havent watched many D league games myself. Just thought id check this one out because Solomon was playing. If you go to D leagues website it seems like many of the games will be streemed online for free.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post

I
          The problem with the NBA is that there simply isn't a lot of real practice time during the season. Guys like Alabi will get a lot of time with the assistant coaches, but not a lot of time spent playing 5 on 5 games. Practices will be a lot of running plays and going over gameplans, but not a lot of game-like conditions. After a while, a player that doesn't get any time on the floor really needs to get in some sort of game in order to test the skills he's been learning. The talent level certainly isn't great, which is why you don't want him spending too much time down there, it gets him some court time.

The coaching is usually pretty good. The coaches are generally guys who are working their way up the coaching ranks and many will eventually become assistant or head coaches in the NBA. Or you've got a guy like Eric Musselman, who was a head coach in the NBA, as well as an assistant. He's a head coach in the NDBL, although I can't remember for which team. There simply aren't a lot of coaching jobs in the NBA, so guys take jobs where they can.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

cool thanks
            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Alabi's First D-League Game

In 27 mins: 13 pts, 7 rbs, and get ready for it...7 blocks!
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Sounds great, I'd keep him down there possibly for the season just so he gets minutes and game action. If he has strong enough season then I think you bring him up next season to try with the big club.

Comment

nice I want to see his growth does anyone know what channel his games would be on

Comment

Sorry I don't follow the NBDL but is Alabi the only 7 footer there? Sounds like he's the Manute Bol of the NBDL... 7 blocks?? Crazy. Wish he could be doing the same up with the big boys. Just a matter of time I guess.
                    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      nice I want to see his growth does anyone know what channel his games would be on
                      I believe the NBADL is on Versus in the States, but I'm not sure if there's any links on the net.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                        In 27 mins: 13 pts, 7 rbs, and get ready for it...7 blocks!
                        Those are Cheikh Samb D-League numbers

Last season he averaged

Minutes----26
                        Points------12
                        Rebounds---7
                        Blocks------4

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...sambch01d.html

Yea but this guy got 6 blocks last night vs the Lakers along with 23 points and 16 rebounds.

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          Not sure about this year but I know last year you could live stream all the games on the each team's website.
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

RPT23 wrote: View Post
                            Sorry I don't follow the NBDL but is Alabi the only 7 footer there? Sounds like he's the Manute Bol of the NBDL... 7 blocks?? Crazy. Wish he could be doing the same up with the big boys. Just a matter of time I guess.
                            You can watch some but not all of the games on the D leagues website

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                              Those are Cheikh Samb D-League numbers

Last season he averaged

Minutes----26
                              Points------12
                              Rebounds---7
                              Blocks------4

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...sambch01d.html

Yea but this guy got 6 blocks last night vs the Lakers along with 23 points and 16 rebounds.

Not sure what your point is Buddha. Im not getting that excited and ready to call him the next Mutumbo or anything, just nice to see he had a good first game.
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                              X