Demar Gives One Good For His Buddy Sonny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar Gives One Good For His Buddy Sonny

As those of you who saw the game last night vs Houston might remember in the third quarter K. Martin elbowed Sonny hard to the head sending Sonny to the floor and out of the game.

A few minutes later DeMar hit Lowery with a hard shiv to the head when DeMar brought his right forearm across Lowery's face knocking Lowery on his butt.

One could say that DeMar's hit on Lowery was just something that happened.

However

1. Given the relationship between Sonny and DeMar
    2. Given the foul on Sonny looked like an intentional elbow
    3. Given that DeMar's foul could have been called for a flagrant since he wasn't going for the ball.

It seems to me that DeMar was sending a message.

You mess with any of the YGZ, the others will have his back.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

This is something you should expect from almost every player on every team, but you don't see it enough anymore. the closer DeMar and Sonny become off-court, I would expect their game to excel that much more on-court.

I'll be even happier once one of the other teammates step up for one of the YG'z, or vice-versa if say Bargs went down on a hard foul. It should be a team thing not just 3-4 guys looking out for each other.

Comment

I just shrugged it off as being ironic. Now that you bring it up though it seems it could be that way. The only thing that leads me to believe it was not a revenge thing was the look on DeRozan's face when he picked up the foul

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
        I just shrugged it off as being ironic. Now that you bring it up though it seems it could be that way. The only thing that leads me to believe it was not a revenge thing was the look on DeRozan's face when he picked up the foul
        Didn't he just turn and walk away?

Comment

We'll see how much things have changed once someone gets a knee to the junk.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I think you are reading too much into this. Stuff like that happens when you play choppy physical basketball game which we forgot how one looked like playing under the Chris Bosh soft era.

Also I think Demar was the one that hit Brad Miller in the eye and Miller (being the big guy that he is) was crying like a little bitch about it. Give Brad Miller the Baby Davis award.

Comment

That's exactly what I thought when i saw it, because he wasn't even close to getting the ball. He had enough time to back off if he was going for the ball but he didn't.

Comment

WE NEED THIS KIND OF SPIRIT IN OUR TEAM. LOVE, PASSION, EFFORT. Lovin all of it!

Comment

I guess the yng gnz aren't down with Calderon. No one did shit to Howard when he throttled Calderon in the throat with a nasty elbow. I thought at least Evans would have done something.
                  Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                    I guess the yng gnz aren't down with Calderon. No one did shit to Howard when he throttled Calderon in the throat with a nasty elbow. I thought at least Evans would have done something.
                    Not sure that was premeditated. Jose cameup behind Howard looking to slap at the ball. Jose comes up to his shoulders and stuff happens. In anycase how many guys in the league are going to go amano with DH? Reggie was actually giving it to him pretty good in that game.

Comment

Working...
                    X