• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Missed the game...

Did Rondo play?
    No...

Comment

No such a big win then because he's the heart and soul of that team. Still a step in the right direction though.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        No such a big win then because he's the heart and soul of that team. Still a step in the right direction though.
        Maybe so, but beating a team with 3 All-star calibre players like Pierce, Allen and Garnett to our zero ones (OK, maybe one in Bargnani) is still a big win in my books.

Comment

Doc, you know what would be pretty cool. If there was a thread which had the Raptor stats. As in the players and team etc...

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
            Doc, you know what would be pretty cool. If there was a thread which had the Raptor stats. As in the players and team etc...
            Go crazy mofo .... let me know once you've finished it and I'll "sticky" it for you.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
              You said the Raps were gonna be a cellar dwellar, and your constantly hating on Bargs. I don't know, the perception I get from you is that your not really a fan but more of a critical bystander. There's nothing wrong with that, but you don't exactly scream hardcore fan. I mean the Raps just beat the Celtics and for some reason your saying there going to go on a 5 game losing streak, pretty weak...
              in Tim's defense.. he's one of the few bargs critics on this board who i'll actually give some credit to... unlike the vast majority of bargs haters, he actually backs up his arguments.. i dont usually agree with him, but you cant ignore somebody who makes a legit argument..

unfortunately, he usually gets lumped in with the rest of the bargs-haters... most of whom are unintelligible dishpigs.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                Go crazy mofo .... let me know once you've finished it and I'll "sticky" it for you.
                One day

Comment

Please

There are at least a dozen or so good websites out there already that have the Raptors stats including the advanced ones in one form or another.

All that needs to be done is to link these web sites somewhere on Raptors Republic that is noticeable and accessible.

No big deal
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    in Tim's defense.. he's one of the few bargs critics on this board who i'll actually give some credit to... unlike the vast majority of bargs haters, he actually backs up his arguments.. i dont usually agree with him, but you cant ignore somebody who makes a legit argument..

unfortunately, he usually gets lumped in with the rest of the bargs-haters... most of whom are unintelligible dishpigs.
                    Thank you. I guess. And those other guys annoy me as much as they annoy everyone else.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      Thank you. I guess. And those other guys annoy me as much as they annoy everyone else.
                      It is hard to tell who is most responsible for Reggie and Bargs having the Raptors two lowest On Court Production Rating numbers among all the Raptors present and traded but my guess would be that it is not Bargs

http://www.82games.com/1011/1011TOR.HTM
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

the worst kind of person to have an argument with is the kind that will dismiss a legit argument because it contradicts their opinion.

in real life, we call those people women.

on the internet, we call them something similar.......... it starts with a B

Comment

Tim W,not a Bargnani hater?

Bargnani is a very talented offensive player, but because I am a fan of the Raptors, I cannot stand by and say nothing when I feel that he cannot be part of the future if the goal is to win a Championship. You can disagree with me on that point, but please don't question my loyalty to the Raptors because you couldn't be more wrong.

I am a fan, but not one who blindly follows and cheers whoever they put in front of me. I'm a fan who is able to look at the team objectively and be critical when it is called for.
                          I think that if you are not a Bargnani hater you should really look back at how the first choice overall was handled. I do not know what was the best way to develop Bargnani player. I have just seen that the important players drafted in 2006 have been used as first or at least as second violins in their teams, since day one. Bargnani for Season 1-2 did not have any play designed for him and the team was playing Bosh in the post or the outside shooting (Merely nothing else), and do not forget that if he missed a shot, the lovely Sam will take him out of the game. 3-4 year with Triano something changed, but it was always a Bosh centered team and we all know what that meant with a selfish player like Bosh. This year he is the main guy, he is developing, he making the experience needed to be a great player and he definitely has the talent. I agree that he needs to be more tough, he needs to be a better defensively player catching more rebounds. But the toughness will come with the experience and with that will come also the rebounds. Therefore I will give him time and wait until the end of the season to say that he is not a player that can be part of the hypothetically Raptors' championship contenders.

Comment

Maybe so, but beating a team with 3 All-star calibre players like Pierce, Allen and Garnett to our zero ones (OK, maybe one in Bargnani) is still a big win in my books.
                            Bargnani? That's pushing it
                            Foot Locker Deals

Comment

zazinteractive wrote: View Post
                              Bargnani? That's pushing it
                              Hence when I said "maybe".

Regardless if he's a terrible rebounder, the man definitely deserves consideration at the least. And this is coming from one of his biggest critics from over the years. Anything less is ignorance in my opinion.

Comment

Len wrote: View Post
                                I think that if you are not a Bargnani hater you should really look back at how the first choice overall was handled. I do not know what was the best way to develop Bargnani player. I have just seen that the important players drafted in 2006 have been used as first or at least as second violins in their teams, since day one. Bargnani for Season 1-2 did not have any play designed for him and the team was playing Bosh in the post or the outside shooting (Merely nothing else), and do not forget that if he missed a shot, the lovely Sam will take him out of the game. 3-4 year with Triano something changed, but it was always a Bosh centered team and we all know what that meant with a selfish player like Bosh. This year he is the main guy, he is developing, he making the experience needed to be a great player and he definitely has the talent. I agree that he needs to be more tough, he needs to be a better defensively player catching more rebounds. But the toughness will come with the experience and with that will come also the rebounds. Therefore I will give him time and wait until the end of the season to say that he is not a player that can be part of the hypothetically Raptors' championship contenders.
                                I'm sorry, but blaming Bargnani's weakness on how he's been handled is a cop out. Bargnani has been given every chance to succeed. He was groomed from day one to take over the center position and allowed to develop at his own rate. He wasn't thrown out into fray immediately, and wasn't left to stagnate on the bench. Besides, my main concern with Bargnani has absolutely nothing to do with what he does on the offensive end.

Bargnani has been a below average rebounder and defender since he was drafted. Without the pressure to be the main scorer, Bargnani should have been able to focus on developing those skills, but he hasn't. There is simply no excuse. If Bargnani were better in these areas, or if I felt we'd seen some half decent development over the last four years, I wouldn't have a problem. But I haven't. And I simply feel you can't win with a big man who is a liability in these two extremely important areas.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X