No announcement yet.

What a Win .... Take That Boston.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joel Meyers Lakers game announcer just said.

"We would like to congratulate the Raptors on their win today against the Celtics"
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      Didn't really draw alot of interest so I canned them.
      Oh well, you could put the previews up for big games!

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
        WOOOOOOOOO

Okay, I got a few things to say.

1) Doc, what happened to the game previews and all? I really like it

2) Why should we tank? Play-offs would not give us a bit of credibility, it would also give the NBA an extra reason to keep the Raptors franchise

3) I love me some Amir Johnson late free-throws

4) Bargnani has scored 26+ points for 3 games straight, and he went to the line as many times as Pierce. Also, he was once again the best starter on the court, only starter with a positive +/-. Also, the two Bs have been awesome (Bargnani and bench)

5) Does anyone find it strange, Amir's free-throw shooting percentage is higher than Bargnani's who is considered a really good free-throw shooter...

6) We won 3 in a row.

7) Our 3 point streak continues.

8) I'm just a happy guy
        2) I think there's a big difference between tanking and focusing on the development of the players rather than getting as many wins as possible. No matter how the Raptors are playing now, they aren't making the playoffs. The next five game losing streak (and there will be one) and everyone will be talking about how Colangelo should trade the entire team and then fire himself. The Raptors have some nice pieces, but they'll never do anything without a really great player, and the easiest way of getting one of those is to draft them.

3) For a guy as suposedly raw offensively as Amir, he's a great free throw shooter. He's currently tied for 23rd in the league in free throw percentage and best on the team (David Andersen hasn't missed a free throw yet this year, but he's no longer on the team.

4) One of the reasons he got to the line so much is because he was cutting and the team was passing well. I'd say at least half of his free throw attempts were due to that.

6) Remember that when the teams goes on a 5 game losing streak.

7) See above.

8) Happy's good. As long as it's not chemically induced or followed by bouts of depression. If that is the case, please consult your doctor.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          2) I think there's a big difference between tanking and focusing on the development of the players rather than getting as many wins as possible. No matter how the Raptors are playing now, they aren't making the playoffs. The next five game losing streak (and there will be one) and everyone will be talking about how Colangelo should trade the entire team and then fire himself. The Raptors have some nice pieces, but they'll never do anything without a really great player, and the easiest way of getting one of those is to draft them.

3) For a guy as suposedly raw offensively as Amir, he's a great free throw shooter. He's currently tied for 23rd in the league in free throw percentage and best on the team (David Andersen hasn't missed a free throw yet this year, but he's no longer on the team.

4) One of the reasons he got to the line so much is because he was cutting and the team was passing well. I'd say at least half of his free throw attempts were due to that.

7) See above.

8) Happy's good. As long as it's not chemically induced or followed by bouts of depression. If that is the case, please consult your doctor.
          Ok lets listen to Tim he's been calling everything right so far (HUUUUGE THUMBS DOWN)

Comment

7) See above.

2) I know we probably won't make the play-offs, I think at our most consistent we are a team that can win 35 games at most. But I'm just saying because there was a lil discussion on why we are winning and why would we want to make the playoffs

3) I was extremely surprised, I even asked Buddha why he was shooting so well if it was a fluke, but he has hit a lot of free-throws. And they are not bouncing in, they are actually going in as they should. He also hit a 17 foot jumper! Oh, and it was all net.

4) He was aggressive driving and had quite a few three point plays which got the crowd going. I love how everyone in the crowd and commentators included loved Bargnani, when he plays well offensively with heart and effort, some people actually manage to swallow the 2 rebounds he got.

6)

7)

8)

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
              Ok lets listen to Tim he's been calling everything right so far (HUUUUGE THUMBS DOWN)
              Huh? What are you talking about? I'm just curious as to what I've been so wrong about.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

7) See above.

There you go again with your negative defeatist attitude. You can choose to be a quitter and go curl up in the fetal position on the floor of your parents basement that you call your place. Bargnani is on his way to becoming an all-star, we have a good young core of players and a GM that is handling the post Rupaul era in great stride. Making the playoffs should always been the focus of every season, then you progress to winning rounds and finally a championship. Besides who says you cant rebuild and develop young players while being competitive...

Comment

I am not convinced that this team won't make the playoffs.

I want to see how they play with Davis.

The Bucks made the playoffs last season without a superstar.

Bogut is good but not a superstar
                  Jennings is good but not a superstar, though he does have his moments when he can take a game over.
                  Salmons was good last season but he is also not a superstar.

But they played tough defense and together so they made the playoffs.

Right now the Raptors are 4 - 4 vs the EC teams, which ties them for the seventh best record among all the EC teams in intra-conference play..

I think with the addition of Davis and Bayless as well as the growth that will take place in the young players this season that the playoffs may be possible.

One thing I feel pretty safe in saying is that this group of players won't quit when they go through rough spots. That quality is necessary for growth and increasing the competitiveness of a team.
                  Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Nov 22, 2010, 01:17 AM.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
                    There you go again with your negative defeatist attitude. You can choose to be a quitter and go curl up in the fetal position on the floor of your parents basement that you call your place. Bargnani is on his way to becoming an all-star, we have a good young core of players and a GM that is handling the post Rupaul era in great stride. Making the playoffs should always been the focus of every season, then you progress to winning rounds and finally a championship. Besides who says you cant rebuild and develop young players while being competitive...
                    Negative defeatist attitude? Regarding what? And what's with the insult? Can we try and raise the level of discussion, please. Otherwise there's really no point in replying.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I almost forgot about you RaptorRoo!

Comment

Huh? What are you talking about? I'm just curious as to what I've been so wrong about.
                        You said the Raps were gonna be a cellar dwellar, and your constantly hating on Bargs. I don't know, the perception I get from you is that your not really a fan but more of a critical bystander. There's nothing wrong with that, but you don't exactly scream hardcore fan. I mean the Raps just beat the Celtics and for some reason your saying there going to go on a 5 game losing streak, pretty weak...

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          I am not convinced that this team won't make the playoffs.

I want to see how they play with Davis.

The Bucks made the playoffs last season without a superstar.

Bogut is good but not a superstar
                          Jennings is good but not a superstar, though he does have his moments when he can take a game over.
                          Salmons was good last season but he is also not a superstar.

But they played tough defense and together so they made the playoffs.

Right now the Raptors are 4 - 4 vs the EC teams, which ties them for the seventh best record among all the EC teams in intra-conference play..

I think with the addition of Davis and Bayless as well as the growth that will take place in the young players this season that the playoffs may be possible.

One thing I feel pretty safe in saying is that this group of players won't quit when they go through rough spots. That quality is necessary for growth and increasing the competitiveness of a team.
                          Probably the best post I've seen on here in a while! I don't understand how people are writing these guys off? They have taken down the two best teams in the East thus far, and with the exeption of the Washington game, they have been playing really, really solid ball, and really tight games.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                            You said the Raps were gonna be a cellar dwellar, and your constantly hating on Bargs. I don't know, the perception I get from you is that your not really a fan but more of a critical bystander. There's nothing wrong with that, but you don't exactly scream hardcore fan. I mean the Raps just beat the Celtics and for some reason your saying there going to go on a 5 game losing streak, pretty weak...
                            My prediction was that the Raptors were going to finish the season with 28 wins. And right now that's the rate that they're at. And I've never "hated" Bargnani. I've often been critical of him, and with due cause, but I've also defended him in a number of arguments. I am a very big fan of the Raptors. There's nothing I want more than for them to eventually win the Championship. And because of that, I am passionate in certain beliefs.

I have been extremely supportive of the way the team has performed this season, and the pieces that the team has. I've been vocal in my support for what the Raptors did in the offseason.

This reminds me a lot of what was going on in the US during the Bush administration. People who were critical of him, or the war in Iraq were labelled anti-American even though that couldn't be further from the truth. They were critical, in part, BECAUSE they loved their country. They didn't want to stand by and watch it be destroyed from within.

Bargnani is a very talented offensive player, but because I am a fan of the Raptors, I cannot stand by and say nothing when I feel that he cannot be part of the future if the goal is to win a Championship. You can disagree with me on that point, but please don't question my loyalty to the Raptors because you couldn't be more wrong.

I am a fan, but not one who blindly follows and cheers whoever they put in front of me. I'm a fan who is able to look at the team objectively and be critical when it is called for.

As far my comment about the 5 game losing streak, I'm simply being realistic. They've already gone on a 6 game losing streak this season. Last season they went on three 5 game losing streaks, and that team won 40 games. Teams go through streaks, both good and bad. Young and inexperienced teams like the Raptors will have their fair share. The thing, though, is even during their losing streaks, I will still remain positive because I tend to look at the big picture, rather than ride the wave from game to game.

During the preseason, when everyone was asking what happened to Bargnani because he couldn't score, I was one of the few that said I wasn't worried about his scoring, because I knew that was something he was good at. When everyone was saying that Calderon should be traded at the beginning of the year because he was playing like crap, I was confident he would pull himself back up.

The problem with the majority of the Raptor fan base is they get too high on the wins and too low on the losses. They don't see the forest for the trees. I'm not like that. Don't insult me because of it.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Amir Johnson FTW

Comment

Missed the game...

Did Rondo play?

Comment

Working...
                                X