Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raptors Salary 2011-2012 = 50 Million

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    If there is a lock-out, it will be mega-ganja-stripper fest for the players. They might still go to Europe even if they don't play - to Amsterdam that is.
    I don't want to be the "party pooper" but I think that would violate the contract terms

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a "party pooper" is called a Cleveland steamer.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Post Thanks / Like

Not where I wanted to go

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Not sure where you got that number, but I've read it's lower than that. And Barbosa has a player option that, if he has a good year, he will probably not exercise.

As for the cap, we have no idea how much under the cap they will be since we don't know what the cap will be next season, or if there will be a next season.
    it's actually over $50 million counting the 2 1st round picks..

you think there's a chance in hell barbosa isnt going to exercise his $7.5 million player option ?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure where you got that number, but I've read it's lower than that. And Barbosa has a player option that, if he has a good year, he will probably not exercise.

As for the cap, we have no idea how much under the cap they will be since we don't know what the cap will be next season, or if there will be a next season.
    that's not counting barbosa... and again you think someone is going to be offering this guy over 7.5 mill ? he'd be insane not to exercise the P/O

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Wanted to point out you are yet again wrong. The Raps are looking at a payroll of $45.1M next year.

These are the players under contract for next year: Calderon, Bargnani, Amir, Linas, DD, Davis, Bayless, and Alabi.

Restricted free agents: Weems, Dorsey, Wright

Player option of $7.6 for Barbosa which, if he opts OUT, would bring the payroll down to $37.5M.

Of course this is all based on current CBA. Next year nobody knows what the cap will be.

This is a classic example of your typical comments that have no fact.

Let me get this out of the way for you: I know I'm a douchebag and I love BC's man-bits.
    check out hoopshype and tell me why they have the salary at $50 million... and for next year add weems, and 2 1st round picks and it's closer to 60 mil.

what's up matt ?? and my basketball iq is lower than 70 ??
    Last edited by Legalize-It; Mon Nov 22nd, 2010 at 07:16 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

best.

post.

ever.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    You think Barbosa is going to get more than 7.6 million from anyone in the NBA !!

We are committed about 45 million next year without Weems and Julian Wright !! Assuming that we give Weems a 5 million and pick up the Qualifying offer on Wright for 4 million, then we sit on 54 million next year. Add to that the 2 first rounders that we have for next year and that will push us close to 60 unless BC trade our first round draft picks

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9165
    hey someone with some addition skills !! can you please explain how numbers add up to matt52 ?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

EVeryone was surprised when Richard Jefferson opted out of his contract. He is making quite a bit less this season, but he's more secure over the long term. It wasn't even about changing teams, as he obviously stayed. Barbosa will turn 29 next season and he knows as well as anyone that you can't bank on being healthy all the time. If he has a decent season, I think he'll strike while the iron is hot. It simply make good, long term sense.
    yea, everyone was surprised cuz it happens so rarely that an overpaid player opts out...

and either way, if he opts out and signs a longer term deal with the same team (like RJ), that would increase our salaries even more...

Post Thanks / Like

It was the smart thing for Jefferson to do. Instead of collecting 14 mil for one season, he opted out at a much cap friendly salary and in the long run gets more security and money.

Barbosa can opt out and if he does, he probably won't get a new contract from us.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    It was the smart thing for Jefferson to do. Instead of collecting 14 mil for one season, he opted out at a much cap friendly salary and in the long run gets more security and money.
    thanks for explaining that to us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    thanks for explaining that to us
    I knew you'd need the explanation. You're welcome.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I knew you'd need the explanation. You're welcome.
    nothing gets by you does it ?

Post Thanks / Like

nothing gets by you does it ?
    Once again, way to bring something to the board. You don't bring anything of any quality or substance to the board. You're just here to stir the pot.

Even your signature of "to some raptor fans michael beasley and al harrington are franchise players cuz they can score 20 pts a game and hit the 3...

they also think you can be a fast-break high tempo team WITHOUT rebounding the ball..." proves it. Just a suggestion - maybe you'd be better off elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

yea, everyone was surprised cuz it happens so rarely that an overpaid player opts out...

and either way, if he opts out and signs a longer term deal with the same team (like RJ), that would increase our salaries even more...
    In 2011-12 he is owed $7.6M.

If he opted out and resigned for 4years and $20M that would actually free up $2.6M to spend money elsewhere.

Yes, it would take money away from the cap in 2012-2015, however, $5M a year for a player of his ability is a good deal in my opinion.

If Bayless plays well though, I could see Barbosa traded or not resigned if he opted out as they seem to have a similar skill set but Bayless is obviously 5 years younger.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

In 2011-12 he is owed $7.6M.

If he opted out and resigned for 4years and $20M that would actually free up $2.6M to spend money elsewhere.

Yes, it would take money away from the cap in 2012-2015, however, $5M a year for a player of his ability is a good deal in my opinion.

If Bayless plays well though, I could see Barbosa traded or not resigned if he opted out as they seem to have a similar skill set but Bayless is obviously 5 years younger.
    ok what what about your addition skills ?

Post Thanks / Like

ok what what about your addition skills ?
    Salary for 2011-2012 is $7.6M.
    He opts out - $7.6M saved.
    Re-signed for $5M per season.
    Savings of $2.6M in 2011-2012.

Future years he is on the books for about $5M per season.
    Good deal for rotational player who is well above average NBA player.
    Good deal when average salary in NBA is $5.84M.

I can't make it anymore clear. Hopefully that made sense.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Salary for 2011-2012 is $7.6M.
    He opts out - $7.6M saved.
    Re-signed for $5M per season.
    Savings of $2.6M in 2011-2012.

I can't make it anymore clear. Hopefully that made sense.
    yea but you said 41.6 million... you didnt add the hypothetical of barbosa opting out, and resigning.. and you didnt add the 2 1st round picks, plus sonny weems...

adding all that and its closer to 60 million... a 150% increase from your original projection.

can i be any more clear ?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

we're not talking about how much barbosa is worth... we're talking about the raps salary for next season.

Post Thanks / Like

Barbosa would be making more money if he decides to opt out and sign a multi-year contract. If he will make a total of $7.6M if he takes on his player option, why wouldn't he want to make maybe $20-25M playing more years?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information