Thread: The Raptors Will Do Just Fine Without Bosh - U Can Bet He Was Watching

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Raptors Will Do Just Fine Without Bosh - U Can Bet He Was Watching

Davis and Bayless to be added shortly.

Playoffs are not out of the question.

This team appears to have no quit.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget the blocking machine, SOLOMON "Ain't no lie" ALABI!

I agree, I like the make up of the "team" so far. Different players continue to thrive in the clutch.
    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Playoffs were never out of the question. My belief in this team substantially grew the minute Bosh walked out the door. Raptors for life. Yung Gunz for life.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    Playoffs were never out of the question. My belief in this team substantially grew the minute Bosh walked out the door. Raptors for life. Yung Gunz for life.
    I guess after today and Weems recent winning three point shot we won't be hearing this refrain from the YGZ detractors

"They haven't accomplished anything yet"

Time for DeMar to step up and finish a game off with a winning shot.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I guess after today and Weems recent winning three point shot we won't be hearing this refrain from the YGZ detractors

"They haven't accomplished anything yet"

Time for DeMar to step up and finish a game off with a winning shot.

IMO, I think Demar's game winning shot will come from the charity strip. He's got the knack in getting there...
    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Post Thanks / Like

Damn my heart was pumping at the end of the game! Fricken love this team! And i gota say I love having the Blur at the point. Really picks up the tempo and gets the bigs running the floor.

Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorRoo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I posted this past summer...Good Riddance Bosh...
    Rupaul leaving was a blessing since we never got past the first round with him anyway and now we can focus on a true team concept. We are looking more and more like a playoff team beating Orlando, Boston and almost the Lakers. If only we could of played this way against the weaker teams ie. Sac and Charlotte and Washington without Wall. If this team can just get more consistent and get the expected boost from Davis and Bayless there is no reason why we won't make the playoffs. Then next year with our core, the TPE and draft picks the bitter memory of Rupaul will be long forgotten...

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Toinsy wrote: View Post
    Damn my heart was pumping at the end of the game! Fricken love this team! And i gota say I love having the Blur at the point. Really picks up the tempo and gets the bigs running the floor.

Totally agree, when he had that pick and popped out and shot the jumper, it felt so right.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post totally on side with u!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Demar seems to have lost some confidence in the last few games, i really want to see him step up against philly on wednesday

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Davis and Bayless to be added shortly.

Playoffs are not out of the question.

This team appears to have no quit.
    Buddahfan I'm with you man. This team will easily be better than it was with RuPaul, especially if B.C. adds a few key pieces.
    They rarely ever stayed in games the way they have the last 14 with RuPaul on this team. I said it many times that making RuPaul the focus actually hurt this teams chances, and definitely hurt the development of our other players. We are now starting to see the development before our eyes and it looks real good. By the end of this season Bargnani will have made a name for himself, Weems will have earned a nice new contract, DD will have gotten that much better and more consistent, Amir will have learned to play without as many fouls and developed considerably, Davis will have begun to show his promise, and Jose, Barbosa and Kleiza will have helped solidify this team with their play.
    Most of this would not be possible if RuPaul was still on this team, and I dare say our record this year would likely have been worse than it is now.
    RuPaul has yet to ever take it to KG, or any other real PF like Andrea has.

Raptors Republic Rookie Imperial's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I guess you don't want that lottery pick anymore?

Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorRoo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    Buddahfan I'm with you man. This team will easily be better than it was with RuPaul, especially if B.C. adds a few key pieces.
    They rarely ever stayed in games the way they have the last 14 with RuPaul on this team. I said it many times that making RuPaul the focus actually hurt this teams chances, and definitely hurt the development of our other players. We are now starting to see the development before our eyes and it looks real good. By the end of this season Bargnani will have made a name for himself, Weems will have earned a nice new contract, DD will have gotten that much better and more consistent, Amir will have learned to play without as many fouls and developed considerably, Davis will have begun to show his promise, and Jose, Barbosa and Kleiza will have helped solidify this team with their play.
    Most of this would not be possible if RuPaul was still on this team, and I dare say our record this year would likely have been worse than it is now.
    RuPaul has yet to ever take it to KG, or any other real PF like Andrea has.
    +1

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

We are not a better team without Bosh. But we finally have a chance to become a better team. No doubt Bosh was a great player, he was a night in night out 20 10 guy. But now without him, we have a lot more flexibility and we can actually try and become a winning team. Bosh was good, but he limited us to having him, and only him. He demanded the ball, a lot of money and we could not put a good supporting cast around him.

We would never be able to improve with Bosh, but only stay "okay". Now we have a chance to explode with talent and win the NBA Championship!!! (kidding)

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Buddah, I'm really interested in seeing these two guys play. I realize that it will take them a while to gel and learn the plays, and it might be ugly at first, but I just want to see all the pieces in place. (Yes, I also realize that Colangelo is like a rolling stone and gathers no moss. I'm sure more "retooling" is on the way)
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RPT23 wrote: View Post
    IMO, I think Demar's game winning shot will come from the charity strip. He's got the knack in getting there...
    Yea but he needs to work on the free throws. It seems like whenever I watch the Raps play his FT% is off. He'll get better as he grows older though.

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    We are not a better team without Bosh. But we finally have a chance to become a better team. No doubt Bosh was a great player, he was a night in night out 20 10 guy. But now without him, we have a lot more flexibility and we can actually try and become a winning team. Bosh was good, but he limited us to having him, and only him. He demanded the ball, a lot of money and we could not put a good supporting cast around him.

We would never be able to improve with Bosh, but only stay "okay". Now we have a chance to explode with talent and win the NBA Championship!!! (kidding)
    That's completely disagree. We could've easily been a much better team had the RIGHT pieces been put around him.
    Last edited by nubreed000; Mon Nov 22nd, 2010 at 02:49 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    That's completely disagree. We could've easily been a much better team had the RIGHT pieces been put around him.
    Thing is that we couldn't because we would not have the cap room to do so. If you say "through the draft", that's is also unlikely because with Bosh we would probably only ever get 14-17 picks. Now Bosh is a good player, but by no means a leader or a franchise player. It would have been impossible to make Toronto a more than average team with him. Unless we someone kept on getting steals in the draft.

If with Bosh we were considered an average team, it means that with him we would have most likely been always an average team. He put up the numbers year in, year out yet the same outcome (apart from the Jorge year) 8th seed, and out of the first round.

Even if we could, and that's a pretty huge could, have been a better team with Bosh, I love our current team. And honestly, if I could go back in time, and actually chose between this years team and last years, I'd take this years.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post

Come on the Raptors tried to get the pieces around him, with Bosh having the ball in 90% of the offense, was not going to work. He was a selfish player with the Raptors and did not leave space to develop other guys Bargnani in primis.
    With Bosh the team will be still playing a one man basketball type of offense.

Thread Information